Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bennett Should Have Been Ejected for this Attack
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2578086-seahawks-michael-bennett-punishes-andy-dalton-after-int-gets-called-for-penalt The NFL should fine and suspend him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I thought it was excessive. Dalton clearly wasn't gonna get up and run 40 yards in 1.3 secs to bring down Earl Thomas lll. Not suspension worthy tho

Remember we got over on Pacman being allowed to remove his helmet on the field as well. That should be a flag10/10 times.

But then again Pacman didn't call fair catch and with that return we could've came back quicker.

Refs have to find the line between enforcing the game and changing it. They changed the game today and it was annoying
Reply/Quote
Did you really expect the refs to be impartial in a Seahawks game? After all last week the refs literally gifted the Seahawks a win and this week there were multiple questionable calls all going the Seahags way.
Reply/Quote
Was a cheap shot .  Had to hit him in the back then just acted like moron.    

Severe fine is ok, they didn't suspend Pac so they won't suspend this guy.   Although they claim to protect qb's
Reply/Quote
The first hit..... ok

The 2nd.........ummmm

The 3rd laying on him - fine should be coming. Besides being classless, totally unnecessary !
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 10:22 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The first hit..... ok

The 2nd.........ummmm

The 3rd laying on him - fine should be coming. Besides being classless, totally unnecessary !

I'm pretty sure there were a couple of punches that occurred afterwards that didn't show up on the clip.
Reply/Quote
I don't doubt that they will fine him, but I really don't think he should get a suspension.
Reply/Quote
screw you Bennett! Dirty a$$ play. coming from an OSU fan too. Hope he gets fined, but was hoping someone would give him a little payback. You just don't do that to an opposing teams QB!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
You know what's worse is him imitating Dalton (when asked to, on a sports talk program, ESPN or NFL network) - and his impersonation was "Oh no, did I lose the game again!! Not again!!"

It's practically bullying in verbal and physical form. I don't think the hit was nuts...he was just trying to get in Dalton's head. The problem is, a beast lives in there.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 08:02 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: screw you Bennett! Dirty a$$ play. coming from an OSU fan too. Hope he gets fined, but was hoping someone would give him a little payback. You just don't do that to an opposing teams QB!

What does being an OSU fan have to do with anything?
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 07:59 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I don't doubt that they will fine him, but I really don't think he should get a suspension.

This, but remember, what if this had injured him?

Perhaps more importantly to those that determine fines, etc. is what if this hit or hits, I should say, were on Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or Andrew Luck? 

The ONLY thing I wish I had seen yesterday was somebody letting Bennett know that if you hit our QB cheap, it will come back to you.  I'm not saying break the guys leg, but get a good shot on him from behind when he isn't expecting it.  I don't think he will enjoy the feeling.

I'm willing to bet most of the Bengals didn't know that happened until after the game.  My friend sitting next to me was watching it while I was watching the INT return.  Now that I have seen the video, I can only say that he deserved a little payback.

Dalton has far too much class to say it, but I would have said "Awww, Michael Bennett, did you do it again?  Did YOU give up the lead?  Assbag. 
Reply/Quote
I think he should be fined.....not suspended unless its shown he threw punches.
Reply/Quote
He should be put in the sex offender database. And yeah, fined too.

Reply/Quote
That penalty might have cost his team a touchdown.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:18 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This, but remember, what if this had injured him?

Perhaps more importantly to those that determine fines, etc. is what if this hit or hits, I should say, were on Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or Andrew Luck? 

The ONLY thing I wish I had seen yesterday was somebody letting Bennett know that if you hit our QB cheap, it will come back to you.  I'm not saying break the guys leg, but get a good shot on him from behind when he isn't expecting it.  I don't think he will enjoy the feeling.

I'm willing to bet most of the Bengals didn't know that happened until after the game.  My friend sitting next to me was watching it while I was watching the INT return.  Now that I have seen the video, I can only say that he deserved a little payback.

Dalton has far too much class to say it, but I would have said "Awww, Michael Bennett, did you do it again?  Did YOU give up the lead?  Assbag. 

Yeah I didn't see this either....like you, I was watching the return and cussing in disgust....lol. Hell, I wasn't even aware who the penalty was called on, or who got hit.....I was tryin to entertain a 3 year old and a 5 year old while watching LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
This has gotten a lot of attention, so I am guessing he gets fined in the next 48 hours. I know that everyone was focused on the return, but it would have been nice to see one of the linemen jump in and level him.

That was a huge play in the game. Kept them out of the end zone, which allowed the Bengals to tie it with a field goal at the end of regulation.
Reply/Quote
I honestly don't have a problem with it.  Dalton is a potential tackler at that point, not a quarterback.  Who remembers when Tavaris Jackson got chokeslamed??  That's good stuff.

[Image: tavaris-jackson-power-bombed-o.gif]
Reply/Quote
Bennett tried to intimidate and it didn't work. Costly penalty and then AD stuck his finger in his eye ball by winning the game. AD showed he won't be intimidated. In the end Bennett helped us out by being stupid, Good for us. 
Reply/Quote
I don't have a problem with it...unless the rumors of punches thrown are true. Still yet....a fine and move on. It's football. Oh, and thanks for the penalty dumbass, we certainly needed it! LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 11:27 AM)bearstronaut Wrote: I honestly don't have a problem with it.  Dalton is a potential tackler at that point, not a quarterback.  Who remembers when Tavaris Jackson got chokeslamed??  That's good stuff.

[Image: tavaris-jackson-power-bombed-o.gif]

You may not have seen the correct video.  One video shows him trying to get up, getting hit again, and then hit again and ultimately sat upon.  The video you need to see shows Bennett targeting the QB (there were at least four guys with their backs turned to Bennett) and then laying a vicious hit on him directly in his back.  Not only is that an illegal block, but he clearly targeted the QB and did more than just a little cheap shot.  He tried to knock him out of the game.  I'm sure Dalton is feeling that hit today and I am even that much more impressed with his comeback after such a shot. 
Reply/Quote