Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bernie Sanders hospitalized for heart procedure, cancels campaign events
https://wgntv.com/2019/10/02/bernie-sanders-hospitalized-for-heart-procedure-cancels-campaign-events/

I hope he's okay.
So I am not a doctor, but wondering the severity of two stents vs one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-02-2019, 12:31 PM)Goalpost Wrote: So I am not a doctor, but wondering the severity of two stents vs one.

1 v 2  = the same=Bernie out=Warren double-digit front-runner, over both Trump and Biden.
(10-02-2019, 12:31 PM)Goalpost Wrote: So I am not a doctor, but wondering the severity of two stents vs one.

Stents are actually a super easy and quick fix. He will most likely be fine. Although once you've had a stent placed you're far more likely to need another eventually. I can't even imagine how it would be for a high stress job like the POTUS. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(10-02-2019, 03:38 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Stents are actually a super easy and quick fix. He will most likely be fine. Although once you've had a stent placed you're far more likely to need another eventually. I can't even imagine how it would be for a high stress job like the POTUS. 

Clinton and Bush I, both had them put in during their presidencies.

The optics are horrible, but he’ll likely be in better health after this procedure with improved blood flow.
Killary must be planning a comeback.

(10-02-2019, 02:55 PM)Dill Wrote: 1 v 2  = the same=Bernie out=Warren double-digit front-runner, over both Trump and Biden.

Stents aren't a big deal. Short recovery time. I'd say as quickly as people forget, nobody will be thinking about it by the end of this post.
My thoughts and prayers go out to Bernie.
I mean it does set up for him to wave around his hospital bill where it says what it would cost without insurance. I recently had a kid that spent time in the NICU after birth and the bill was 500k without insurance but "luckily" my insurance negotiated that down to 250k, and I "only" had to pay 6k.
(10-03-2019, 08:31 AM)Au165 Wrote: I mean it does set up for him to wave around his hospital bill where it says what it would cost without insurance. I recently had a kid that spent time in the NICU after birth and the bill was 500k without insurance but "luckily" my insurance negotiated that down to 250k, and I "only" had to pay 6k.

Sorry to hear and I hope your child is ok.

Healthcare costs should be one of the top priorities. I met a lady on a cruise a few years and and she had just broken her arm during a cruise in Australia. Since she wasn't a resident, the hospital told her she had to pay full price. I don't remember the cost exactly, but it was around $50. For the er bill, the x-ray, and the cast.
(10-03-2019, 08:31 AM)Au165 Wrote: I mean it does set up for him to wave around his hospital bill where it says what it would cost without insurance. I recently had a kid that spent time in the NICU after birth and the bill was 500k without insurance but "luckily" my insurance negotiated that down to 250k, and I "only" had to pay 6k.

Sorry about that. NICU's are wonderful things but awful places to have to be in for a long time.

Both of our children were preemies.  Four years between them.

With our second my wife had to have emergency surgery after the emergency c-section for a bleeding liver.

Hospital bills were approx $1.25 million between them.

We both had insurance that maxed out.

But in PA if you have a child born under a certain weight you are eligible for medical insurance like a disability.  It was a "gold card" that covered everything our insurance did not.  Plus WIC (we got free juice, cereal, etc) and they both got SSI until they reached their actual birth date and weight.

It total we probably didn't pay over $500.00 out of pocket.

Great system that we had paid into our entire working lives.  So I didn't feel guilty using it.  Especially the insurance.  The hospital charged us for the oxygen our kids were on by the quarter hour.  I assumed that was so if they died within the hour they could still charge us for something.  Whatever

But why offer that kind of thing to everyone when there is a profit to be made...at our "nonprofit" hospitals.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-03-2019, 02:25 AM)Benton Wrote: Stents aren't a big deal. Short recovery time. I'd say as quickly as people forget, nobody will be thinking about it by the end of this post.

Medical professionals think like that.  I'm not sure voters do. Especially young voters.
I wonder if he sought public health care or used his private provider.

WTS, here's wishing a speedy recovery to The Bern. My experience tells me he'll feel better than he has in years.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-03-2019, 12:19 PM)Dill Wrote: Medical professionals think like that.  I'm not sure voters do. Especially young voters.

Yup. The general public will see this and cause them to shy away from him.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-03-2019, 12:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wonder if he sought public health care or used his private provider.

WTS, here's wishing a speedy recovery to The Bern. My experience tells me he'll feel better than he has in years.

Where can you go to get public health care for a stent?
(10-03-2019, 01:00 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Where can you go to get public health care for a stent?

Canada, you just might have to wait about a year.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-03-2019, 01:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Canada, you just might have to wait about a year.

Why would he go to Canada? Is he a Canadian citizen? Didn’t realize you were an expert on cardiac cath wait times in Canada . . .

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2560560/

As you can see actual wait times are 4-6 weeks if the surgery is elective, meaning it’s not life threatening. While non-elective surgeries are done ad hoc.
(10-03-2019, 10:50 AM)Benton Wrote: Sorry to hear and I hope your child is ok.

Healthcare costs should be one of the top priorities. I met a lady on a cruise a few years and and she had just broken her arm during a cruise in Australia. Since she wasn't a resident, the hospital told her she had to pay full price. I don't remember the cost exactly, but it was around $50. For the er bill, the x-ray, and the cast.

Yea he is good now, but still dealing with the nightmare that is medical billing. 
(10-03-2019, 12:30 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yup. The general public will see this and cause them to shy away from him.

Unless he picks a trendy and popular VP and says "Vote for me, and if I croak in office, you get someone else you like who totally isn't Trump!"
(10-03-2019, 01:34 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Why would he go to Canada? Is he a Canadian citizen?  Didn’t realize you were an expert on cardiac cath wait times in Canada . . .

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2560560/

As you can see actual wait times are 4-6 weeks if the surgery is elective, meaning it’s not life threatening. While non-elective surgeries are done ad hoc.

Rep.