Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best American Band
(11-24-2015, 01:02 PM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: yes they rotated the leads. Collins played lead on on Freebird if i'm not mistaken.

i mean they had multi guitars going at the same time during that "solo"
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 02:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i mean they had multi guitars going at the same time during that "solo"

ya so? one played lead and the other was playing rhythm.  what is your point?  you make it sound like they were trying to deceive people into thinking it was a good solo or something.  you just figured it out?  after all these years?  Guitar World ranks it the 3rd best solo in rock music history.  But you have uncovered the truth.

if the band/guitarists were so unimpressive to you then why did the band you hold in such high regard decide they had to butcher one of their songs  some 25 years later?  they obviously saw something in them you are not.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 01:09 PM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: this is why i didn't highlight CCR.  I'm with you there.  i really like CCR.

out of curious what do you think of Led Zep? ( i know british)

Great band. I don't think Stairway is their best song, though.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 05:03 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Great band. I don't think Stairway is their best song, though.

Would say its the most known/played though...

I love the story of the first time they played it live. The fans didnt know it was over and the place was quiet....
Reply/Quote
Aerosmith was the first band band that came to my mind.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I gotta go with the Shaggs.

Reply/Quote
The Doors, Nirvana, RHCP, Aerosmith, The Eagles, The Jimi Hendrix Experience > Lynyrd Skynyrd
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Aerosmith has been making hits for over 4 decades.

Their first Top 10 single came way back in 1976 and their most recent was 2012.

Are we really trying to compare Nirvana to them?

Reply/Quote
Let me make this clear, I am NOT a fan. With that said, gotta say that The Grateful Dead is the top American band.
Reply/Quote
It's got to be the Beatles.

[Image: monkees_lead.jpg]

I loved their show when I was a kid.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 07:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Aerosmith has been making hits for over 4 decades.

Did you really try to compare Aerosmith to Nirvana? 

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 07:29 PM)MrRager Wrote: The Jimi Hendrix Experience 

Interesting debate with this. Hendrix, Petty, and Springsteen all put together some incredible music with their respective bands. Are we overlooking the fact that they did have these accompanying bands and unjustly leaving them off our lists?

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 10:43 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Did you really try to compare Aerosmith to Nirvana? 

Nope others were. If I was trying to compare someone to Nirvana it would be Soundgarden.

Aerosmith is light years ahead of both as far as Greatest American Band.

Reply/Quote
I guess it's just the music snob in me.

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 10:46 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Interesting debate with this. Hendrix, Petty, and Springsteen all put together some incredible music with their respective bands. Are we overlooking the fact that they did have these accompanying bands and unjustly leaving them off our lists?

Bob Seger?

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 07:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Aerosmith has been making hits for over 4 decades.

Top 10 according to whom? According to Wiki their last top 10 single was Jaded in 2002. I want to say that I absolutely love Aerosmith and they are one of my favorite rock bands of all time, but I think it's fair for both sides if we just remove "I don't Wanna Miss a Thing" from the discussion. 
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 11:22 PM)MrRager Wrote: Top 10 according to whom? According to Wiki their last top 10 single was Jaded in 2002. I want to say that I absolutely love Aerosmith and they are one of my favorite rock bands of all time, but I think it's fair for both sides if we just remove "I don't Wanna Miss a Thing" from the discussion. 

Yes, I meant Top 20 in my head. Admittedly I am biased toward Aerosmith as they play my intro music.......My Big 10"

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 11:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Bob Seger?

would probly give him the title of greatest song writer... But not proformer.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 10:46 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Interesting debate with this. Hendrix, Petty, and Springsteen all put together some incredible music with their respective bands. Are we overlooking the fact that they did have these accompanying bands and unjustly leaving them off our lists?

when i started the thread i wanted to keep it to bands in the truest sense i guess.  I'm a fan of these artists mind you, but i still think most might consider them solo artists?  if we are going to include the likes of these folks then you have to put Elvis in the equation.  
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 09:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It's got to be the Beatles.

[Image: monkees_lead.jpg]

I loved their show when I was a kid.

I believe these beatles guys you speak of in the pic were from England Fred....they are not Americans Ninja  you can tell because the TV show was always filmed on the streets of Liverpool.
Reply/Quote