Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Sorry about the downtime!
Indeed. I thought alerts were screwy, as Toast's post to me didn't show up... but this was literally around the time Holic said all was fixed, so I figured it was just a timing thing.

Good to know I'm not imagining things!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2020, 02:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Seeing the same, did you just get alerted I repped you Sunset?

Nope, no alerts..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2020, 03:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nope, no alerts..

Man, this needs to change. Still have some problems around here Holic. No alerts and no Arcade forum.

And I love me some Arcade at times when I am bored. 
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2020, 01:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I thought that alerts had been fixed, but it seems that they are not working at all.  For example, we used to get a notification when someone responded or quoted one of our posts, now we don't..

Still working on Alerts. The plugin is still needing some modification to be completely compatible with the new setup.

(05-28-2020, 02:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Also cannot get into the Arcade...

The arcade has been modified and should be up and running for everyone now.
Reply/Quote
Forgive my ignorance, but what’s the arcade? I don’t frequent the other parts of the board outside of JN much.

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2020, 08:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Forgive my ignorance, but what’s the arcade? I don’t frequent the other parts of the board outside of JN much.

If you click on 'Arcade' under the board logo, it will take you to the game section.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2020, 08:21 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: If you click on 'Arcade' under the board logo, it will take you to the game section.

Hmm...I’m not seeing it. Maybe because I’m on mobile? I see something called the game room in the Klotsch section, is that it?

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2020, 08:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hmm...I’m not seeing it. Maybe because I’m on mobile? I see something called the game room in the Klotsch section, is that it?

I think the link is only shown on the desktop version, because the arcade isn't really optimized for mobile.

http://thebengalsboard.com/arcade.php
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2020, 03:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nope, no alerts..

(05-28-2020, 05:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Man, this needs to change. Still have some problems around here Holic. No alerts and no Arcade forum.

[Image: 52ebe90c24de9535733cdb42a2b2485aa701a4a0...d284_1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2020, 05:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Man, this needs to change. Still have some problems around here Holic. No alerts and no Arcade forum.

What is arcade forum?
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2020, 10:32 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: What is arcade forum?

Literally like it sounds, a collection of games we can play.  As I understand, it is not compatible with the mobile version of the boards, so you have to use the desktop version.  Up at the very top of the page, right under the logo, you'll notice the word "arcade".  If you haven't already, I recommend that you check it out.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2020, 12:42 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Just wanted to apologize to everyone for the unexpected, and extended downtime. I don't want to go through all the issues that cropped up, or I'll end up banging my head against the wall again, but I can say that all issues were identified and fixed.

Going forward, we shouldn't (hopefully) experience any other time outs like this. Of course, there's always issues here and there with any website, but all the serious problems are now out of the way and resolved. 

If you experience any glitches, which there still may be a few related to plugins needing updated or whatever, please let me know.

I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Some members needed a timeout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2020, 07:21 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Still working on Alerts. The plugin is still needing some modification to be completely compatible with the new setup.

The arcade has been modified and should be up and running for everyone now.

Awesome bro, its up! Rock On
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2020, 10:32 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: What is arcade forum?

As Sunset noted if you are on a Desktop computer it is on the top of the page right under The Bengals Board.com.

I only noticed it this year, lots of fun games on there....

Pacman, Tetris, tons of games. Highly recommend it as Sunset says, fun stuff when you are bored man.

Another reason this is the best board in the world. Cool
Reply/Quote
I think I finally have the issues fixed with the Alerts feature, so it should be working now.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2020, 02:41 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think I finally have the issues fixed with the Alerts feature, so it should be working now.

It is working my friend.

Great work and I cannot tell you how much I appreciate what you do. Thank you. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Still not getting all my alerts when people quote me. But then again it was hit or miss before the update, too.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2020, 12:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Still not getting all my alerts when people quote me. But then again it was hit or miss before the update, too.

Is the quote option checked in your User CP > Alert Settings?
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2020, 12:56 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Is the quote option checked in your User CP > Alert Settings?

Yep. It’s weird. I get alerts on maybe about half of the posts people quote me in. It’s always been like that, but it was just never really a big deal to me. Figured I’d let you know it’s still that way even after the update though.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2020, 02:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. It’s weird. I get alerts on maybe about half of the posts people quote me in. It’s always been like that, but it was just never really a big deal to me. Figured I’d let you know it’s still that way even after the update though.

JSR18 was the only that happened to me with, but it happened.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote