Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Best Bengals team of all time
(10-19-2023, 02:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I wonder if the Bengals win a playoff game in 2005 if they go on to win more other seasons. It became mental at some point.

If they win in 05, that may mean Palmer never goes down. If that happens, it could have changed that era of football.

First, Steelers don’t win 05. Jerome Bettie may not be a hall of gamer without that ring.
Second, the monkey is off the back
Third, like you said it became mental. Are we talking about Palmer like we talk about manning?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2023, 02:54 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: If they win in 05, that may mean Palmer never goes down.  If that happens, it could have changed that era of football.

First, Steelers don’t win 05.  Jerome Bettie may not be a hall of gamer without that ring.
Second, the monkey is off the back
Third, like you said it became mental.  Are we talking about Palmer like we talk about manning?

Maybe, but if you look at his college stats, he had about as many Int's as TDs in all but his Senior year. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2023, 02:51 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: If we think our safeties are a question mark/bad now… my goodness that was horrible.

Kevin Kaesviharn - great guy, career backup, not great player.  However he was much better then, drumroll please….

Ifeanyi Ohalete - may by the worst season by a football player they I have witnessed with my own two eyes.  If we ranked all time bad bengals, he may be below kijana, akili and klingler.

Not a good pass rush either outside of Justin Smith.

We did have a dynamic offense.

I'm always a little amused that people What if the Palmer injury. Yes - We could have won. But, the Marvin Lewis Bengals teams also found ways to self-destruct in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2023, 03:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Not a good pass rush either outside of Justin Smith.

We did have a dynamic offense.

I'm always a little amused that people What if the Palmer injury. Yes - We could have won. But, the Marvin Lewis Bengals teams also found ways to self-destruct in the playoffs.

Justin Smith wasn't a good pass rusher - at least as far as being a DE goes.  He was average.
Reply/Quote