Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best I’ve Felt About The Bengals in a Long Time
The team did what they were supposed to do today. The defense did really well and the offense got it going. I'm a little concerned with our use of Boyd or lack of use. He's just a guy I think we should be targeting early and often and might help get us out on some of our stalled possessions.
Reply/Quote
Mayfield was just destroyed, so maybe we won't be fourth this year.
edit: he did a line and is back. LMAO!
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 06:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He was due for a bad game. I just hope Burrow learned from last year against the Ravens…

The Ravens killed him zero blitzing him last year, this year he is a whole new guy when dealing with extra blitzers. I feel good here but obviously the defense slowing down Lamar will be a big deal. I do like Awuzie on Brown and Wilson on Andrews.
Reply/Quote
Yes. But there’s still Lamar. I hate mobile QB’s
Reply/Quote
I'm starting to be cautiously optimistic about this team's playoff hopes.

There isn't a team on schedule that we can't beat. We're competitive again.
Reply/Quote
Definitely the best I have felt in a while. I thought the 2015 team was a legit threat to win it all until Dalton broke his thumb.

One year after that (2016? 2017?) we had a hot start and then collapsed. Best I have felt since whatever year that was.

Schedule gets tougher the 2nd half. But Cleveland are not world beaters. We have them twice, Pittsburgh, and the Broncos. Raiders & Chargers are good but we can compete. Chiefs & Ravens is tough sledding.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 06:52 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah they have to win at least one. No team in NFL history has gone 0-17.

Aside from the much improved D this yr, our 2nd half adjustments are paying off well this season....in the later part of the ML era, this was unheard of.  
And howabout that 6th rounder Chris Evans? What a steal. 
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 08:01 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I'm starting to be cautiously optimistic about this team's playoff hopes.

At the very least we should be competing for a spot.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 08:01 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I'm starting to be cautiously optimistic about this team's playoff hopes.

I won't be convinced until AFTER their playoff game this year shows 00:00 time left, with the Bengals ahead by at least one point, and no yellow or red flags on the field!

THEN and ONLY then, will I believe they're here!!
Reply/Quote

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The Lions will win some games this year. May not be many, but they'll get a few.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 06:03 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I like where the team is at, but I don't anticipate a post-season birth this year.

Upgrade the oline and depth in the secondary, and we will be in business.

I'm not happy with the line by any stretch, but really?

We're 4-2 and we've been in every game. Assuming we stay healthy, I don't see us missing the playoffs. We looked like Green Bay's equal, and they were in the NFC title game last year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 06:10 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Ya the Lions are really really bad. Totally agree. At least Cinci did what they were supposed to do and beat them handily. I’m tempering expectations over this win, but if they find a way to beat the Ravens that will be pretty exciting.

This was the first time in the Zac Taylor era I’ve seen the Bengals absolutely destroy a weaker opponent. For once the team did not play down to the opposition.
Reply/Quote
Still a lot of games left obviously, but I agree with the OP in the sense that I am very confident with this defense which is not something I usually feel as a Bengals fan. We got some great talent in Hendrickson, Wilson, and Awuzie and several other guys who all work together to really complement one another.

I also don't ever really get the, 'Well it was only against the such and such' argument. Yes the Lions are not that good of a team but that shouldn't take away from how we completely shut them down and are clearly quite talented on that side of the ball.

Offensively we can be very explosive and if we stay healthy and become more consistent on offense we will be a playoff team; of that I have no doubt.

I have been a fan of the Bengals for over 20 years and so I don't say it lightly when I say I am really excited and have utmost faith in a team and I feel that way with this one.

On to the Ravens.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 10:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This was the first time in the Zac Taylor era I’ve seen the Bengals absolutely destroy a weaker opponent. For once the team did not play down to the opposition.

Today the Bengals did what they should've done 2 Thursday's ago... Whoop an inferior team. The slow start is still a concern, and if we do that in the first half next week, Baltimore will hang an L on us.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 11:04 PM)jason Wrote: Today the Bengals did what they should've done 2 Thursday's ago... Whoop an inferior team. The slow start is still a concern, and if we do that in the first half next week, Baltimore will hang an L on us.

Yea the horrid first halves are still a glaring issue that needs fixing
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 05:55 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Defense is the best we’ve had in years. Played exceptionally well today.

Burrow is putting up numbers and wins, and he’s not even playing that well yet.

Backfield is in good shape, unbelievable WRs and even a good K.

O-Line still concerns me.

Do not trust Zac yet. Long way to go there.

The posting in the game thread today was substandard. Picked up in the 2nd half. Still have to cut a lot of dead weight. We’re relying far too heavily on our studs there.

We do need to be realistic and remember DET was winless for a reason, but we did what good teams do against bad teams. Beat them soundly.

Maybe that is what is so tough.  The defense is outperforming virtually everyone's expectations.  The kicker is for real and a weapon.  Chase is unbelievable.  Burrow is back to 100%.  

BUT

And you knew it was coming...

BUT....The play calling is still pathetic.  They will get boatraced against Baltimore if that doesn't improve.  
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 11:10 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Maybe that is what is so tough.  The defense is outperforming virtually everyone's expectations.  The kicker is for real and a weapon.  Chase is unbelievable.  Burrow is back to 100%.  

BUT

And you knew it was coming...

BUT....The play calling is still pathetic.  They will get boatraced against Baltimore if that doesn't improve.  

I’m not sure he is tbh. I’ve heard it can take up to a full year to be back to 100% after a injury like Burrow’s.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 09:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote:  

I was having a good sunday until I was reminded of 2005. Jesus Christ. 
Reply/Quote