Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best RB in 2015 in AFCN?
bell is the top RB, but Hill is approaching. Bell will stay on top because he will get every carry just like he did at MSU. Hill will share with Gio. But Bell and Hill are 2 of the better backs in the league.
Reply/Quote
Bell then everyone else.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
I think it's closer between Bell and Hill then some believe. I think it's a toss up but Bell will probably have better stats because Hill shares the load with Gio.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 08:04 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: I think it's closer between Bell and Hill then some believe. I think it's a toss up but Bell will probably have better stats because Hill shares the load with Gio.

Hill doesn't even have one full season of starting and you feel you can claim this? Is he the Carlos Dunlap of HB's? Let Hill generate anything close to what Bell did this past season and then make this claim. Prior to that the statement sounds, well, stupid.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 03:04 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: bell is the top RB, but Hill is approaching.  Bell will stay on top because he will get every carry just like he did at MSU.   Hill will share with Gio.  But Bell and Hill are 2 of the better backs in the league.

Rushing the ball is not what currently has Bell over Hill; it is his contribution as a receiver.

Hill had a better year than Bell as a runner last year.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 09:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Rushing the ball is not what currently has Bell over Hill; it is his contribution as a receiver.

Hill had a better year than Bell as a runner last year.

Using that criteria Forsett is a better HB than either Hill or Bell. Anyone wanna make that argument and sound stupid(er)?
Reply/Quote
Rex Burkhead or sumptin idk
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 12:48 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Using that criteria Forsett is a better HB than either Hill or Bell.  Anyone wanna make that argument and sound stupid(er)?

Please explain what "criteria" I used. I did say Bell was currently better. Sorry you disagree and go with Forsett.

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 09:47 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Hill doesn't even have one full season of starting and you feel you can claim this?  Is he the Carlos Dunlap of HB's?  Let Hill generate anything close to what Bell did this past season and then make this claim.  Prior to that the statement sounds, well, stupid.

Personally, and I don't think I'm alone in this, I hope Hill doesn't ever have that many touches in a season. With the two back system, he won't have to.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 01:46 AM)McC Wrote: Personally, and I don't think I'm alone in this, I hope Hill doesn't ever have that many touches in a season.  With the two back system, he won't have to.

For sure. I want to keep Hill as fresh as possible. We have a bad habit of running our RBs into the ground until they need a walker out there on the field.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 01:19 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Please explain what "criteria" I used. I did say Bell was currently better. Sorry you disagree and go with Forsett.

I'd imagine, given your statement that Hill was better at running the ball than Bell, you used the only stat that actually backed that assertion up, YPC. If I'm mistaken please illuminate me as to why you made the claim you did, I'm sure it will be interesting.

(05-14-2015, 01:46 AM)McC Wrote: Personally, and I don't think I'm alone in this, I hope Hill doesn't ever have that many touches in a season.  With the two back system, he won't have to.

HB's don't have a long shelf life to begin with. If you find a workhorse you ride it. Not to the extent of Murray, who I predict will miss substantial time due to injury in '15, but the point remains. You're still succumbing to Dunlap syndrome though. To me, no one is a proven commodity until they do it two years in a row, especially when the first year is the rookie season. You'd think years of disappointment would have tempered your enthusiasm in this regard.
Reply/Quote
Bell, Hill, Gio, then Forsett. But wouldn't surprise me if Crowell passes him, and Duke Johnson has a similar skillset to Gio, but I like Gio overall more; even coming out of college.

Basically, the Bengals and Steelers have 2 of the best running backs and wide receivers in the league.
Reply/Quote
With Bells suspension it is possible for Hill to gain more yards than him this year.

While I think Bell is the best back in our division right now. We have the best one two punch in the league.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 02:09 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'd imagine, given your statement that Hill was better at running the ball than Bell, you used the only stat that actually backed that assertion up, YPC.  If I'm mistaken please illuminate me as to why you made the claim you did, I'm sure it will be interesting.

It was YPC and TDs. I used this to state that Hill had a better year running the ball than Bell. You then somehow inferred this to mean I said Hill was a better HB than Bell; as displayed by your off-base assertion than given this "criteria" Forsett is a better HB than Hill. He is not, but he did have a better year running the ball.

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 11:48 AM)bfine32 Wrote: It was YPC and TDs. I used this to state that Hill had a better year running the ball than Bell. You then somehow inferred this to mean I said Hill was a better HB than Bell; as displayed by your off-base assertion than given this "criteria" Forsett is a better HB than Hill. He is not, but he did have a better year running the ball.

Forsett>hill

Na na na
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 11:48 AM)bfine32 Wrote: It was YPC and TDs. I used this to state that Hill had a better year running the ball than Bell. You then somehow inferred this to mean I said Hill was a better HB than Bell; as displayed by your off-base assertion than given this "criteria" Forsett is a better HB than Hill. He is not, but he did have a better year running the ball.

So I was right, thanks for admitting this. As for your statement, you stated that someone had a better year "running the ball" in a thread about which HB is better than another. With that statement you're implying an argument that someone is better than another because of it. If that is not the case then the comment serves absolutely no purpose.
Reply/Quote
Once again why are we arguing? It seems very consensus that La'Veon Bell is #1 followed by Jeremy Hill followed by Giovanni Bernard and Justin Forsett
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 02:47 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Once again why are we arguing? It seems very consensus that La'Veon Bell is #1 followed by Jeremy Hill followed by Giovanni Bernard and Justin Forsett

Justin Forsett > Gio Bernard

It's basic mathematics or sumpthin
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 10:53 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Le'Veon Bell might be the best back in the league, let alone the AFCN.  It's hard to pick Hill over him, even if you're feeling like a homer.

Hill is 2nd though, and I feel that Bernard is probably 3rd.

Strictly as a runner, I think Hill is possibly better than Bell. Hill has outstanding vision, always seems to hit the right hole and cut back at the right times, and he has break away speed.

When you add in Bell's receiving ability, that's what puts him over the top.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Every team in this division is all set at RB. Bell is an MVP candidate, Hill/Gio is the best 1-2 punch, Crowell/West is very solid and obviously Forsett was outstanding.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote