Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best RB in 2015 in AFCN?
^^^^I see as usual BHind (BFine) has nothing to say. ^^^^ Tongue

Darn autocorrect :)
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 01:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So I was right, thanks for admitting this.  As for your statement, you stated that someone had a better year "running the ball" in a thread about which HB is better than another.  With that statement you're implying an argument that someone is better than another because of it.  If that is not the case then the comment serves absolutely no purpose.

I was replying to a post in which someone suggested that Bell is better than Hill simply because he gets all the carries just like he did at MSU. I stated that the reason that Bell is currently better than Hill is because of what he does out of the out of the backfield as a receiving threat and not simply because of workload. I further supported this claim by stating Hill had a better season than Bell running the ball. This claim can easily be supported by facts.

Nothing was implied; everything was clearly stated. Yet somehow, someway this suddenly became that I implied Hill was currently a better HB than Bell. There was also the ridiculous assumption that because I stated that Hill had a better year running the ball than Bell, then this means that Forsett is a better HB than Hill or Bell.

You have been "right" about absolutely nothing; however, if stating that you are while looking in the mirror helps you overcome your insecurities, please continue.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 12:12 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Forsett>hill

Na na na

Forsett had an outstanding season running the ball. As a matter of fact he was one of only 3 RBs in the NFL to rush for over 1,000 yards at 5.0 YPC or better. Unfortunately, age, size, and track record work against him. IMO he will never see the end of that 3 year deal he just signed.

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 07:02 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: ^^^^I see as usual BHind (BFine)  has nothing to say. ^^^^ Tongue

Darn autocorrect :)

The strangest thing. I posted at work and nothing appeared. It must be an issue with IE and the site.

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 08:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The strangest thing. I posted at work and nothing appeared. It must be an issue with IE and the site.

Same thing with me at work. I had to post from my phone from work.
Reply/Quote
Omg guys it's simple. La'Veon Bell's a pretty strong runner and he's also a very good pass catcher. He's also been successful for longer than Jeremy Hill has, that's why he's the #1 back.

Hill had a great rookie year. Better than any other back in this division (with the exception of Bell) has ever had so he's easily number two.

Bernard had a very nice rookie year and an okay sophomore campaign dealing with a few injuries.

Forsett had an extremely good year late in his career so that's why they are so close not that anyone is really arguing them two it's mostly just some BS between bfine and whoever else arguing Hill being a better runner. Who cares guys? Either way taking out pass catching abilities they're still two very good backs running the ball.

Gah trying to read what people are thinking as far as rankings go and I have to sift through 20 messages of arguing that I do not care about.
Reply/Quote
All this woulda coulda shoulda is BS.

"Take away pass catching" yada yada why? Because it makes the player more versatile?!? Or to try to make something go along with your argument? I'll take the more complete player all day.

If that's the case......even though Forsett is older he was the 2nd best RB in the DIV last season.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 12:46 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: If that's the case......even though Forsett is older he was the 2nd best RB in the DIV last season.

But that's not what the OP asked, is it?
Reply/Quote
While at this point in time, I would have to agree with all of the folks that have Bell and Hill as 1 and 2 respectively, it will be fun to revisit this topic after the season has passed.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Bell > Rest of the league.
Reply/Quote
Ray Rice!!! Ninja
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Toby Gerhart or sumpthin

Wrong division tss
Reply/Quote
Bell
Hill
Forsett
Bernard

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 02:09 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'd imagine, given your statement that Hill was better at running the ball than Bell, you used the only stat that actually backed that assertion up, YPC.  If I'm mistaken please illuminate me as to why you made the claim you did, I'm sure it will be interesting.

HB's don't have a long shelf life to begin with.  If you find a workhorse you ride it.  Not to the extent of Murray, who I predict will miss substantial time due to injury in '15, but the point remains.  You're still succumbing to Dunlap syndrome though.  To me, no one is a proven commodity until they do it two years in a row, especially when the first year is the rookie season.  You'd think years of disappointment would have tempered your enthusiasm in this regard.

You can use up that number of carries in two years or six. I guess that's the choice you make. Not sure what enthusiasm you were talking about when all I said was that I don't want to see the Bengals run Hill into the ground.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 09:47 PM)Chipperson Wrote: Toby Gerhart or sumpthin

Wrong division tss

Is this the first offical banning for this board?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2015, 09:46 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Is this the first offical banning for this board?

I missed it. What happened?
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2015, 10:13 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: I missed it. What happened?

Weird troll or sumthin.

I don't know tho tssss
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 01:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: While at this point in time, I would have to agree with all of the folks that have Bell and Hill as 1 and 2 respectively, it will be fun to revisit this topic after the season has passed.

Same thing I've been thinking while reading this.
Reply/Quote
Hill will have the better season mostly due to Bell's 3 game suspension.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
LOL he's fine. He's just different. Don't see what he's done to get the hammer though.
Reply/Quote