Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Steakhouse
The only higher quality steak joint I have been to is Ruth's Chris in Baltimore.

I agree with Fred on this topic. I can buy a nice cut and cook it myself and I'll enjoy it. But, I do get the appeal of a nice steak house.

I also am more of a fan of barbeque if I am going to go out to eat meat. I prefer a higher end BBQ joint over a steak house.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sparks in NY. You had a mob boss killed outside, and the steaks are awesome. 20 oz strip for me.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2015, 01:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I love steak as much as anyone, but when i drop a lot of money on a meal I want something complex that requires a lot of preparation.  I can fix an awesome steak at home very easily.

Not knocking anyone who likes restaurant steaks.  I just feel required to inject my opinion in every single thread.

I'm actually with you on this. The only reason I had a chance to go to CraftSteak was as a client for a company that was paying. No way in hell I'd drop that kind of money on a steak dinner (even if it was the best I've ever had). If I go to a restaurant I want something I can't (read: am too lazy to) prepare at home.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2015, 10:46 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Sparks in NY.  You had a mob boss killed outside, and  the steaks are awesome.  20 oz strip for me.

yup...been there...great place. 

Paul Castellano was the boss who was wacked outside.

going to NYC for xmas this year and will definitely hit that place up again.  No pun intended.
Reply/Quote
I remember one of my last final papers for my Capstone class I wrote a paper about how to properly cook a steak.

I honestly think I can cook the best steak around. I have it down to a science - and it is a science to cook a great steak.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Sac County Cattle Company Restaurant
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2015, 01:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I want something complex that requires a lot of preparation.  

(07-06-2015, 10:15 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I agree with Fred on this topic. 

(07-06-2015, 11:15 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm actually with you on this. something I can't (read: am too lazy to) prepare at home.

Bunch of slack-jawed liberals around here....." I prefer a nice Quiche".
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-06-2015, 03:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Bunch of slack-jawed liberals around here....." I prefer a nice Quiche".

Actually, I prefer smoked meat over all else. I just don't like paying more for something I can do cheaper at home.

There is nothing better to me than a pile of smoked pork, some cole slaw, corn bread, beans, and pickled veggies. Don't care what, but if it's in a jar with a solution of vinegar and/or salt water, I'm sold.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2015, 04:13 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Actually, I prefer smoked meat over all else. I just don't like paying more for something I can do cheaper at home.

There is nothing better to me than a pile of smoked pork, some cole slaw, corn bread, beans, and pickled veggies. Don't care what, but if it's in a jar with a solution of vinegar and/or salt water, I'm sold.

Smoked meat is very good, but beware of the guy with the new smoker.  He will smoke anything that once lived and insist it's the greatest thing ever and you need to try it.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(07-06-2015, 03:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Bunch of slack-jawed liberals around here.....

(07-06-2015, 04:13 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Actually, I prefer smoked meat over all else. 

I knew it.....j/k.

Admittedly I've never been to a BBQ joint that comes to mind (unless Burbank's counts); but in Hawaii, you could find what the called "short-ribs" from smokers just off the side of the road. Pork is a lot more popular there than meat. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I enjoy a good Malone's steak here.....Buckhorn Tavern in Dayton is pretty good when visiting the inlaws.....The Loft in Chattanooga, Demos' in Nashville......those are the ones I'm most familiar with.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-06-2015, 04:23 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Smoked meat is very good, but beware of the guy with the new smoker.  He will smoke anything that once lived and insist it's the greatest thing ever and you need to try it.  

Well that's okay with me, because I'll eat just about anything that once lived. The list of meats I have tried in my life is extensive, and the number of them I did not like is tiny.

(07-06-2015, 04:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I knew it.....j/k.

Admittedly I've never been to a BBQ joint that comes to mind (unless Burbank's counts); but in Hawaii, you could find what the called "short-ribs" from smokers just off the side of the road. Pork is a lot more popular there than meat. 

Since I don't have a smoker of my own, living in an apartment and all, I rely on barbecue joints. Fortunately, I live in an area that is quite abundant with them. Between the permanent stores and the food trucks I can find about a dozen places to get barbecue any day of the week within a 10 mile radius. That isn't even counting the barbecue chicken fundraisers going on every weekend this time of year where you can't go a mile without seeing a gas station with a truck bed full of coolers that are filled with foil wrapped chicken halves being sold anywhere from $4-6.

See, I'm much more of a pork fan than beef. I would be perfectly content to never eat beef again in my life. Between sheep, goat, pig (wild and farm raised), deer, fish, various birds, bear, etc., I could go without cow and be quite content.
Reply/Quote
Its hard to pick a Best steak house as almost none of them seem to be able to place a medium RARE steak on my plate Closer to rare than medium. always overcooked so i just do it myself.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2015, 08:14 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: CraftSteak in Vegas at the MGM Grand.

This 1000 X over.  If you go, ask to be sat in Marvin's section.  Best waiter ive ever had, served me the best steak ive ever had, on multiple occasions.
Reply/Quote
Old Country Buffet has some great steaks!
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2015, 09:19 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: This 1000 X over.  If you go, ask to be sat in Marvin's section.  Best waiter ive ever had, served me the best steak ive ever had, on multiple occasions.

I asked to be sat in the Marvin section and they put me with the wrong Marvin. My steak was very unprepared! Ninja
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2015, 10:22 PM)Ben Richards Wrote: Old Country Buffet has some great steaks!

[Image: b4d80404f6ef023f2ce4e92701ac75b2-best-of...e-meme.jpg]
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-06-2015, 05:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Its hard to pick a Best steak house as almost none of them seem to be able to place a medium RARE steak on my plate Closer to rare than medium. always overcooked so i just do it myself.

So you like your steaks rare-medium-rare?  I would imagine that you mess that up just as often as a restaurant does.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2015, 10:14 AM)GodFather Wrote: I asked to be sat in the Marvin section and they put me with the wrong Marvin. My steak was very unprepared! Ninja

…and when you sent it back, he failed to make any adjustments.   Smirk
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2015, 10:20 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: So you like your steaks rare-medium-rare?  I would imagine that you mess that up just as often as a restaurant does.

Yeah but when you send an overcooked steak back at most restraunts they throw it on the grill again.

I just dont understand why they ask what i want if they are gonna cook it till its GREY all thru the middle. thats way overcooked even for a medium rare heck i think medium is suppose to have pink in it still
Reply/Quote