Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Steakhouse
(07-07-2015, 02:35 PM)Harmening Wrote: …and when you sent it back, he failed to make any adjustments.   Smirk

So I complained about the steak and the only response I got was a blank stare and the words, "We've got to do better"
Reply/Quote
My wife and I never get to go to a steakhouse, we are to poor and can't see spend $50.00 or more on a dinner.

We did go to this place on 46 in Indiana a few miles up from 52 just across the border from Ohio called "Mr. Jim's" and it was really really good and not to expensive. They have good chili as well but not as good as my wife's.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2015, 09:19 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: This 1000 X over.  If you go, ask to be sat in Marvin's section.  Best waiter ive ever had, served me the best steak ive ever had, on multiple occasions.

Nero's at Ceasar's Palace was a great place as well.  it's closed now.

i had a really good steak at the House of Blues at Mandalay Bay.  16oz Ribeye was 25 bucks which is pretty fair considering the venue.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2015, 03:56 PM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: Nero's at Ceasar's Palace was a great place as well.  it's closed now.

i had a really good steak at the House of Blues at Mandalay Bay.  16oz Ribeye was 25 bucks which is pretty fair considering the venue.

Speaking of Caesars, The Palm is very good.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bogart's in Midlothian, IL was probably my favorite.
It closed though.
Sad
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2015, 03:28 PM)GodFather Wrote: So I complained about the steak and the only response I got was a blank stare and the words, "We've got to do better"

In fairness though, Marvin didn't have a healthy cook that night. He can only do so much on his own.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2015, 11:10 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: In fairness though, Marvin didn't have a healthy cook that night.  He can only do so much on his own.

But I bet he giggled when he served the steak.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2015, 11:10 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: In fairness though, Marvin didn't have a healthy cook that night.  He can only do so much on his own.

(07-08-2015, 10:47 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: But I bet he giggled when he served the steak.

Both true. But that isn't where it stopped, he just went on and on about the bad steak I had:

"It was obviously a very disappointing steak for our customers yesterday, for our kitchen staff, for anybody associated. It was a great atmosphere created here, and you really wanted to capitalize on it, and we failed to really do that with your steak. As I told the cooks after preparing your dinner, I take responsibility for it; trying to cook it hard, getting the cooks in a position to make good steaks. We didn't get that done enough with your steak."
Reply/Quote
I just ate at an amazing steakhouse in Flint Michigan called the Redwood. Amazing. If you ever have the opportunity, check it out.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-08-2015, 11:43 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I just ate at an amazing steakhouse in Flint Michigan called the Redwood.  Amazing.  If you ever have the opportunity, check it out.

Do we have to go to Flint to try it?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(07-09-2015, 10:24 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Do we have to go to Flint to try it?

i drove through Flint once and didn't want to stop.

Johnny can you ship us some steaks?  Wonder if i'll have to pay duty since the steak would be crossing the border? 
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2015, 11:43 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I just ate at an amazing steakhouse in Flint Michigan called the Redwood.  Amazing.  If you ever have the opportunity, check it out.

Did you catch a Tropics game while you were in town?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Slow smoked over burning rubble with a touch of gunpowder for flavor.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2015, 11:27 PM)GodFather Wrote: Both true. But that isn't where it stopped, he just went on and on about the bad steak I had:

"It was obviously a very disappointing steak for our customers yesterday, for our kitchen staff, for anybody associated. It was a great atmosphere created here, and you really wanted to capitalize on it, and we failed to really do that with your steak. As I told the cooks after preparing your dinner, I take responsibility for it; trying to cook it hard, getting the cooks in a position to make good steaks. We didn't get that done enough with your steak."

Yeah, but then it didn't even end there. The next day the steakhouse owner held a press conference and said the steak's outcome was unfortunate, but that this was the fourth consecutive time that they were able to serve the steak, and that itself is a major accomplishment just getting that steak out of the kitchen. And, at least this time the busboy didn't fumble the steak without even being touched. The owner's daughter then said that we customers have no idea how hard it is to cook a steak. Marvin the waiter was given a 7 year deal and named maitre d.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Brownstone tavern, Toledo. They use real meat.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 12:55 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yeah, but then it didn't even end there.  The next day the steakhouse owner held a press conference and said the steak's outcome was unfortunate, but that this was the fourth consecutive time that they were able to serve the steak, and that itself is a major accomplishment just getting that steak out of the kitchen.  And, at least this time the busboy didn't fumble the steak without even being touched.  The owner's daughter then said that we customers have no idea how hard it is to cook a steak.  Marvin the waiter was given a 7 year deal and named maitre d.

During that press conference a media member called out the owner for excuses in preparing sub-par steaks and his response was:

“People locally have come to judge us on our failure to grill a successful steak. I’m pleased we’re even making them.”
Reply/Quote
So is BJ a member here? i remember that he recommended a place called "Tubesteak Under the Bridge" in the Covington/Newport area.

Anyone familiar with that place?
Reply/Quote
He told me of a place called 'Gloryhole Grill'...
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 10:49 PM)GodFather Wrote: During that press conference a media member called out the owner for excuses in preparing sub-par steaks and his response was:

“People locally have come to judge us on our failure to grill a successful steak. I’m pleased we’re even making them.”

The owner needs to look at how many years they've put out a sub-par steak.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Right off the bat I eliminate any place the does not serve a ribeye cooked black & blue.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote