Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.8 Average
Best WR corp almost cost us that game
Tee Higgins had 8 catches for 128 yards and 1 TD while "Mossing" folks all-day. In no reality (this one or an alternate) did he almost cost us the game.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:56 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Burrow audibled on the pick 6. Looked like maybe a back shoulder but Chase didn’t have outside leverage. Chase fumble part of the game. Irwin’s pass was inches from him.

Definitely wasnt a back shoulder with how far Chase was down the field, looked like a quick out at the sticks with where Jones caught the ball.  We can bet everyone of these plays will eat Chase up this week.  Bills might have to take the repercussions. 

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:38 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Higgins drops a TD

Boyd stops running route - interception

Chase - drops bomb, doesnt run hot route - pick six, late fumble

Im actually ok with the bad second half play, not sure a blowout would be as good for us before the Bills game.  Id like to see our WRs come out angry and more focused vs the Bills. Defense actually played great.  Very happy with Sample and Irwin today.

True, the WR's need to look at themselves after this game and come out focused against the Bills. This game shouldn't of been close.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Tee Higgins had 8 catches for 128 yards and 1 TD while "Mossing" folks all-day. In no reality (this one or an alternate) did he almost cost us the game.

The point is they all had big mistakes in the game.  This is very uncharacteristic and something that most likely wont happen again the rest of the season.  Not surprised you didnt catch the essence of the post.  I'll await the next smartass comment.

Reply/Quote

Im actually ok with the bad second half play, not sure a blowout would be as good for us before the Bills game.  Id like to see our WRs come out angry and more focused vs the Bills. Defense actually played great.  Very happy with Sample and Irwin today.

Yeah. I was going to start a thread about how Ja'Marr went full 'bad AJ' today. He was bad bad. 

Hopefully he takes a good long look at this game and understands how he almost single-handedly cost the Bengals this game. 

Perfect team to make up for it next week...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:03 PM)casear2727 Wrote: The point is they all had big mistakes in the game.  This is very uncharacteristic and something that most likely wont happen again the rest of the season.  Not surprised you didnt catch the essence of the post.  I'll await the next smartass comment.

Retract the claws Tiger. Simply pointing Tee had a great game and doesn't belong in an "almost cost us the game" thread. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Lesson learned. You don't coast in the 2nd half when you have a big lead, no matter the opponent and QB9 was dealing and a couple of his WRs let him down big time. 

There was some questionable calls on O and D as well today but i can't fault them too hard for not taking NE seriously. 

Next week they need to be dialed in, with the biggest game in Cin since, arguably, the '88 game against the Bills. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:55 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Im definitely not mad at the guys, just very uncharacteristic of them to have so many negative plays.  I doubt we see this many screwups by the trio again the rest of the year.

Best to get it all out of their system against NE and dial in the rest of the year. 

No harm, no foul. 

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Tee Higgins had 8 catches for 128 yards and 1 TD while "Mossing" folks all-day. In no reality (this one or an alternate) did he almost cost us the game.

Not even a little. 

But Ja'Marr almost did.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Lesson learned. You don't coast in the 2nd half when you have a big lead, no matter the opponent and QB9 was dealing and a couple of his WRs let him down big time. 

There was some questionable calls on O and D as well today but i can't fault them too hard for not taking NE seriously. 

Next week they need to be dialed in, with the biggest game in Cin since, arguably, the '88 game against the Bills. 

Yeah, reminded me of the Marv days for a second there and I didn't like it. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Retract the claws Tiger. Simply pointing Tee had a great game and doesn't belong in an "almost cost us the game" thread. 

If I take Tee out I cant use my "Best WR Corp" or "Trio" language in my post, all of which adds excitement, suspense, and thrilling contextual content for my readers.

Tee dropped a TD, wasnt that big a deal, I dont disagree, but my artistic commentary takes priority.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Lesson learned. You don't coast in the 2nd half when you have a big lead, no matter the opponent and QB9 was dealing and a couple of his WRs let him down big time. 

I think last years game vs LV was the biggest since ‘88 because it was the playoffs and we knew they had a good chance to break the streak.

Also last year vs KC was huge…this one you know both teams are good and playoff bound so I would put it behind those 2.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:32 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I think last years game vs LV was the biggest since ‘88 because it was the playoffs and we knew they had a good chance to break the streak.

Also last year vs KC was huge…this one you know both teams are good and playoff bound so I would put it behind those 2.

Yep. I was thinking RS and the Chiefs game last year was the biggest until next Monday night. Big Grin

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:32 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I think last years game vs LV was the biggest since ‘88 because it was the playoffs and we knew they had a good chance to break the streak.

Probably this, but those two were big question mark type of games, could we actually pull out wins....  This is the first game in season to really determine who is the biggest ass-kicker in the conference, in a long while. Both have already beaten the Chiefs... kind of an unnamed title of sorts..?

Reply/Quote

For everyone saying we needed a loss before the end of the year to give us a wakeup call and humble us. This was that loss we just didn't lose the game and got away with a close one.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:39 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Probably this, but those two were big question mark type of games, could we actually pull out wins....  This is the first game in season to really determine who is the biggest ass-kicker in the conference. Both have already beaten the Chiefs... kind of an unnamed title of sorts..?

That's why it reminds me of '88. Bills came in #1 seed and with only 1 loss and the Bengals were on their level, talent and play wise. Bengals won that one and ended up getting the #1 seed and then on the the SB. 

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:56 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Burrow audibled on the pick 6. Looked like maybe a back shoulder but Chase didn’t have outside leverage. Chase fumble part of the game. Irwin’s pass was inches from him.

The play before that on 2nd and 2 he took a sack... Why not run the ball? You are up by 22 in the 3rd qtr.  That would negate the sack and the pick 6.  Nope pass with a 22 point lead in the 3rd qtr on 2nd and 2 - WTF?
Reply/Quote
This Bengals team left points on the field today.A lot of them.I agree with you about our wide receivers.That wasn’t Joe Borrow’s fault.
Reply/Quote

Throw to Chase was a force one with pressure, CB was sitting on it. Boyd and Burrow seemed on wrong thinking  he sat Burrow thought he would side. MAC is what cost us pts. He is almost cost us his 2nd loss
Reply/Quote
A W is a W.
Reply/Quote