Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.8 Average
Best WR corp almost cost us that game
(12-24-2022, 08:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: A W is a W.

“Never going to apologize for a win” - Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 08:01 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Throw to Chase was a force one with pressure, CB was sitting on it. Boyd and Burrow seemed on wrong thinking  he sat Burrow thought he would side. MAC is what cost us pts. He is almost cost us his 2nd loss

Chase did not sit, he went vertical.  Burrow called an audible for a quick out, the CB was watching the backfield as Chase ran by him and Burrow threw immediately.

Boyd inexplicably slowed his route and watched the ball go by...

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 08:13 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: “Never going to apologize for a win” - Joe Burrow

Here is Boyd forgetting he is in a football game...

Here is the play before the interception and the interception itself.  Play 1, see Burrow make the throw before Chase cuts?  Now watch the interception, Burrow makes the same throw to the same spot at the same time and Chase runs on by....

Neither of these are on Burrow.

Reply/Quote
The negativity on this board right now is unreal. We got a big win on the road against the best coach of all time, with his team fighting for their playoff lives.

The Chiefs needed OT last week to beat the lowly Texans. Shit happens. But good teams find a way to win no matter what.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 08:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The negativity on this board right now is unreal. We got a big win on the road against the best coach of all time, with his team fighting for their playoff lives.

The Chiefs needed OT last week to beat the lowly Texans. Shit happens. But good teams find a way to win no matter what.

Why is this negative?  Our WRs made some huge mistakes in the game, it happens.  Just a discussion.  No one on this thread is being negative towards the team.  Not every game is going to be lollipops and bunnies....

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 08:29 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Here is Boyd forgetting he is in a football game...

Here is the play before the interception and the interception itself.  Play 1, see Burrow make the throw before Chase cuts?  Now watch the interception, Burrow makes the same throw to the same spot at the same time and Chase runs on by....

I never said they were.  Mellow 
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 08:34 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I never said they were.  Mellow 

I thought I was responding to Essex, my screwup big guy.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 08:01 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Throw to Chase was a force one with pressure, CB was sitting on it. Boyd and Burrow seemed on wrong thinking  he sat Burrow thought he would side. MAC is what cost us pts. He is almost cost us his 2nd loss

(12-24-2022, 08:29 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Here is Boyd forgetting he is in a football game...

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 08:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The negativity on this board right now is unreal. We got a big win on the road against the best coach of all time, with his team fighting for their playoff lives.

Yep, and the Bengals haven't won in NE since the 80's...another streak broken.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 08:36 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I thought I was responding to Essex, my screwup big guy.

Ah, I was confused. LOL
Reply/Quote
The pick six should be moot if Sharping didn’t hold the play before. They converted the 1st down instead it’s the 3rd - 11.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:48 PM)M.W. Wrote: The play before that on 2nd and 2 he took a sack... Why not run the ball? You are up by 22 in the 3rd qtr.  That would negate the sack and the pick 6.  Nope pass with a 22 point lead in the 3rd qtr on 2nd and 2 - WTF?

They obviously had no confidence in the run game.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:53 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: There is plenty of blame to go around. This is one they were very lucky to win.
Chase with a poor game, Evan sucked, D played a pretty soft second half until the end etc.

They should feel very fortunate to pull this one out.
They worked really hard to lose this one.

Lucky to win?

It took extreme luck for the Pats to be even in that game.

And yet the Bengals still won.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 09:09 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They obviously had no confidence in the run game.

They are averaging more than 1 yard per carry..  It isn't a confidence factor in the run game. It's ignorance, run the ball pick up the first down... Better than a pick 6 even if Joe B doesn't get more passing yards.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 08:01 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Throw to Chase was a force one with pressure, CB was sitting on it. Boyd and Burrow seemed on wrong thinking  he sat Burrow thought he would side. MAC is what cost us pts. He is almost cost us his 2nd loss

Did you watch the game?  Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:32 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I think last years game vs LV was the biggest since ‘88 because it was the playoffs and we knew they had a good chance to break the streak.

Also last year vs KC was huge…this one you know both teams are good and playoff bound so I would put it behind those 2.

True that Clark. The Raiders Playoff game in Cincy was the biggest game since this one in Cincy.

Who rules the AFC? We will see next weekend. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 10:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True that Clark. The Raiders Playoff game in Cincy was the biggest game since this one in Cincy.

Who rules the AFC? We will see next weekend. Mellow

MNF 
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 10:09 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: MNF 

Ahh yeah, BTW, is it also on ABC? Not just espn?
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:54 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Seemed obvious Burrow saw the blitz pre-snap and called an audible, "Palmer"?.  It was a quick throw and Chase just kept on running.  I could be wrong... but Im thinking Joe knew what he was doing.

Saw the same thing. It was either "Palmer" or "Bomber" he was yelling before the snap. I don't think Ja'Marr got the memo. Burrow was clearly throwing to a spot and under pressure.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 10:20 PM)Wyche Wrote: Saw the same thing. It was either "Palmer" or "Bomber" he was yelling before the snap. I don't think Ja'Marr got the memo. Burrow was clearly throwing to a spot and under pressure.

Yeah, i've heard "bomber" a few times this year.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote