Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best chase scene.
Old school......"Bullitt", "The French Connection"

Comedy....."The Blues Brothers", "Raising Arizona" (my personal favorite)

Other....."Ronin", "Quantum of Solace" (although Bond movies probably deserve their own category.
Reply/Quote
Raising Arizona is probably the most memorable. Gone in 60 Seconds would have to be up there for me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think Ronin is #1 overall (and is in many "rankings" I've seen). Awesome flick.

I thought the on in "The Rock" was pretty good, too.

I've started The French Connection a few times but have never been able to get into it...definitely have to get around to it as it's a classic.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
The 2nd matrix movie... the highway scene...

The first Jason Bourne movie had a pretty good one.
Reply/Quote
Oh, and Mad Max.

Which one? All but Thunderdome.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 06:02 PM)Benton Wrote: Oh, and Mad Max.

Which one? All but Thunderdome.

Facepalm

How the hell did I start a thread about chase scenes without mentioning mad Max?
Reply/Quote
Not the best, but an interesting one:

[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Death Proof
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 06:24 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Not the best, but an interesting one:

did you see spiderman in this movie?
Reply/Quote
Blues Brothers.

I remember one that I thought was great, but haven't seen it in so long I'm not sure if it really was. It was in "To Live and Die in LA".

I am limited in that I don't watch a ton of action movies so I've seen far less chase scenes than the average american male.

Oh there is this show that came out called "The People VS OJ Simpson". I don't know if anyone saw it, but there was this crazy chase where the main character (OJ Simpson) is running from the police, but they are driving below the speed limit. The whole show kind of lost credibility with me there.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 05:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Old school......"Bullitt", "The French Connection"

Comedy....."The Blues Brothers", "Raising Arizona" (my personal favorite)

Other....."Ronin", "Quantum of Solace" (although Bond movies probably deserve their own category.

Bullitt is a classic and Steve McQueen is definitely the king of cool

i liked the car chase in bad boys 2.  the Haitians are "hurling cars" at them while they pursue in a Ferrari.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 01:43 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Blues Brothers.

I remember one that I thought was great, but haven't seen it in so long I'm not sure if it really was.  It was in "To Live and Die in LA".

I am limited in that I don't watch a ton of action movies so I've seen far less chase scenes than the average american male.

Oh there is this show that came out called "The People VS OJ Simpson".  I don't know if anyone saw it, but there was this crazy chase where the main character (OJ Simpson) is running from the police, but they are driving below the speed limit.  The whole show kind of lost credibility with me there.

I heard this show was based on true events....but I'm skeptical.   I mean who would be named "OJ".  I find that hard to believe. Ninja
Reply/Quote
Death Race 2000
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 09:38 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Death Proof

Good call there.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2016, 11:08 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Death Race 2000

Winner. 

I saw that at the Drive In with my father before i had any clue who Sylvester Stallone was.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I always think of the granddaddy of them all with the French Connection and for more modern times love the Bourne movie chases.
Reply/Quote