Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Best message board in the NFL
Over the last 7 plus years. I've read the board much more than I've posted because I never have much free time, but I'm so glad this place is here. Also glad there are so many good members that make this the best place to talk Bengals football on the internet.

I've visited a lot of teams boards over the years checking on what their fans are saying when we play them,, and I honestly think this might be the best actual message board still left, even better than the official ones that are still around.

Anyways, I just hope this board is around long after FB and Twitter goes down the toilet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Agreed

Love this board.
Reply/Quote
I wonder if the Bengals would try to bring their boards back if Twitter goes belly up.
Reply/Quote
So many other boards are impossible to navigate.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 11:49 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So many other boards are impossible to navigate.

Steeler boards are the worst. Not only are they jumbled and cluttered, but they're ugly as shit.   Sick
Reply/Quote
The only thing that could make it any better is if Holic got us a dark mode. :cool:

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 12:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The only thing that could make it any better is if Holic got us a dark mode. Cool

Agree. I prefer dark. Also, and this is a really minor preference kind of thing,, but I wish the tiger at the top was a little meaner looking. He looks like he just woke up from a nap. LOL
Reply/Quote
This place rocks!! Bengalholic and his merry band of admins and mods have done a great job of keeping the board a quality place to discuss the Bengals. And while over the years we have had our moments, never once has there been the need for a pinned thread titled “Don’t Be a Jerk” like there is on one of the Ravens boards. And as one of the token female members, I really appreciate you guys never ever making me feel uncomfortable in this male dominated board. There are some boards out there for other fandoms I wouldn’t think of mentioning my gender.

The Bengals Board is the best

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 03:14 AM)pally Wrote: This place rocks!! Bengalholic and his merry band of admins and mods have done a great job of keeping the board a quality place to discuss the Bengals. And while over the years we have had our moments, never once has there been the need for a pinned thread titled “Don’t Be a Jerk” like there is on one of the Ravens boards. And as one of the token female members, I really appreciate you guys never ever making me feel uncomfortable in this male dominated board. There are some boards out there for other fandoms I wouldn’t think of mentioning my gender.

The Bengals Board is the best

Don’t forget our wonderful message board supporters. Like you.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 12:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The only thing that could make it any better is if Holic got us a dark mode. Cool

If you are using the chrome browser you can force dark mode across all websites using chrome flags. 

Enter "chrome://flags" into Google Chrome's address bar and enable the "Auto Dark Mode for Web Contents" flag to force Google Chrome to display all websites in dark mode. You can also use a browser extension to force sites into dark mode.

https://www.howtogeek.com/446198/how-to-force-dark-mode-on-every-website-in-google-chrome/
Reply/Quote
Been here since 2005 (the mothership). It really is the GOAT board.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 12:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The only thing that could make it any better is if Holic got us a dark mode. Cool

Use Dark Reader. I am not sure what browser or phone you have but I use Dark Reader on Chrome and my iPhone. I don’t even remember what the stock website looks like, I haven’t seen it in years at this point. It also makes every site dark mode.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 11:17 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: Over the last 7 plus years. I've read the board much more than I've posted because I never have much free time, but I'm so glad this place is here. Also glad there are so many good members that make this the best place to talk Bengals football on the internet.

I've visited a lot of teams boards over the years checking on what their fans are saying when we play them,, and I honestly think this might be the best actual message board still left, even better than the official ones that are still around.

Anyways, I just hope this board is around long after FB and Twitter goes down the toilet.

I've said it many times.  This board has been my escape.  Being surrounded by a bunch of other crazy Bengals Fans is awesome.  Greatly appreciate the members and the mods that help keep the board going.  
Reply/Quote
Yep GOAT board. Here’s my yearly post! Who Dey baby!!!!
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 10:14 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Use Dark Reader. I am not sure what browser or phone you have but I use Dark Reader on Chrome and my iPhone. I don’t even remember what the stock website looks like, I haven’t seen it in years at this point. It also makes every site dark mode.

omg!! this is so ***** sweet! thanks!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 12:18 AM)Eraserhead Wrote: Agree. I prefer dark. Also, and this is a really minor preference kind of thing,, but I wish the tiger at the top was a little meaner looking. He looks like he just woke up from a nap. LOL

We were sleeping for like 30 years so he's still groggy
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 11:02 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: omg!! this is so ***** sweet! thanks!

Yep, you got it man!
Reply/Quote
I’m a tech idiot. Little help?

I use my iPhone. Do you all just Google thebengalsboard.com or some app. lol

Been here many years and well just haven’t gotten around to asking lol

Thanks in advance.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 11:35 AM)Whacked Wrote: I’m a tech idiot. Little help?

I use my iPhone. Do you all just Google thebengalsboard.com or some app. lol

Been here many years and well just haven’t gotten around to asking lol

Thanks in advance.

Dark reader on chrome is a free extension:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh?hl=en-US

It looks like the same extension on iOS is $4.99?
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/dark-reader-for-safari/id1438243180?platform=iphone

KillerGoose can confirm.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 11:41 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Dark reader on chrome is a free extension:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh?hl=en-US

It looks like the same extension on iOS is $4.99?
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/dark-reader-for-safari/id1438243180?platform=iphone

KillerGoose can confirm.

Yep and yep. Those are both it. I normally refuse to pay for apps, but I use dark mode on everything so I shelled out the $5. 
Reply/Quote