Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best survial gun
(08-18-2015, 01:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The kick was never an issue for here. Her biggest issue was being able to rack in while maintaining muzzle control. It is not the easiest

What do you mean by "rack in".  Are you just talking about loading the first round in the chamber?  Is it really easier with a 40 than a 9MM?

Generally when making multiple shots the 9mm is going to be more accurate.

Also doesn't the 9 hold more bullets than the .40?

Obviously I am not a gun expert.  But I do find them interesting.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 03:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What do you mean by "rack in".  Are you just talking about loading the first round in the chamber?  Is it really easier with a 40 than a 9MM?

Generally when making multiple shots the 9mm is going to be more accurate.

Also doesn't the 9 hold more bullets than the .40?

Obviously I am not a gun expert.  But I do find them interesting.

I think he means that her biggest issue with the .40 is cambering the first round.  It holds 15 rounds...Plenty enough and has greater stopping power than does the 9mm if you can handle the kick and remain on target.  Generally this is the up front issue for women when considering between the .40 and 9mm
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 03:18 PM)Benton Wrote: Safe Action system. Which is to say, the only safety is to use the action (fire it).

If you're regularly in situations where you're having to discharge your weapon on a regular basis — warzones, zombie apocalypse, have a teenage daughter — then it's not a big deal. But for the majority of people who don't fire their gun every time they touch it, I don't like it. Too easy to have an accident.

Exactly. And Glock has worked in concert with PDs to hush up the accidental discharges by cops, but there have been more than a few of them. Not good press for either party.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 01:45 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: What ever gun you can still find bullets for....

This....
http://www.chiappafirearms.com/product/2696

You're welcome.
ThumbsUp

I'd probably throw a 9mm Ruger P-series pistol in the mix, for multiple shot self defense situations. They are nearly indestructible and hold 15 (or 30 with the super extended mags).
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 01:35 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: This....
http://www.chiappafirearms.com/product/2696

You're welcome.
ThumbsUp

I'd probably throw a 9mm Ruger P-series pistol in the mix, for multiple shot self defense situations. They are nearly indestructible and hold 15 (or 30 with the super extended mags).

well they said survival so i was think post SHTF situations.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 02:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well they said survival so i was think post SHTF situations.

Same here... I was acknowledging you.
One needs to be able to use whatever ammo they can scrounge up.
Now... back to playing Fallout....
Smirk
Reply/Quote
Ruger 10/22. Sure, you will only piss off a bear if you hit one with it, but anything else you would need it for it will do just fine. Durable, reliable, and accurate.

Of course, my sword, seax, and spear do just fine. Ninja
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 02:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well they said survival so i was think post SHTF situations.

Actually, the thread title says survial.

Still not sure who the gun is supposed to be survial to?
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
BFG9000
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 09:16 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: BFG9000

Yeah. It's pretty quick loading, easy to aim and can obliterate just about anything in the galaxy. Just need to make sure you have enough left in your energy pack. ThumbsUp
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 08:54 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Ruger 10/22. Sure, you will only piss off a bear if you hit one with it, but anything else you would need it for it will do just fine. Durable, reliable, and accurate.

Of course, my sword, seax, and spear do just fine. Ninja

Nobody wants to hear about your seax.

Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 11:33 PM)Benton Wrote: Nobody wants to hear about your seax.

Mellow

Its name is Wasp-sting.

Mellow

I may or may not be looking forward to Last Kingdom airing in October. Ninja
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote