Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best thing that could have happened
(12-22-2019, 11:58 PM)Jpoore Wrote: A more athletic Tannehill is his floor I would say, and pat mahomes is his ceiling. As far as burrow I like the romp comparison

Love is too raw and has too many glaring weaknesses to set his floor anywhere near a decent starting QB.  He has great physical tools, but is very much a high risk prospect.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 06:01 PM)bengaloo Wrote: They have since updated the take on Burrow after he carved apart a slew of excellent defenses. Love, I just dont see it with him as a 1st or even 2nd round pick. But what do I know. Im a lowly fan. He just seem raw like he needs to develop. Transfering to a power 5 team in need of a QB for his senior year may be his best move.
People tend to overlook this fact. 1. He lost a ton of talent at Utah state after his stellar 2018 campaign. Also lost his hc, who was replaced by a defensive line assistant coach, who had no idea how to run a offense or develop a qb. As such his play suffered. He needs a year to develop, but his upside is worth a late 1st early 2nd round pick. His only real weakness is he tends to lock into receivers.
(12-23-2019, 06:45 PM)Whatever Wrote: Love is too raw and has too many glaring weaknesses to set his floor anywhere near a decent starting QB.  He has great physical tools, but is very much a high risk prospect.

People tend to overlook this fact. 1. He lost a ton of talent at Utah state after his stellar 2018 campaign. Also lost his hc, who was replaced by a defensive line assistant coach, who had no idea how to run a offense or develop a qb. As such his play suffered. His only real weakness Is he tends to lock into receivers. He’s gonna be an elite qb, just needs to sit a year. Similar to how Patrick mahomes needed to sit a year.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 09:20 PM)Jpoore Wrote: People tend to overlook this fact. 1. He lost a ton of talent at Utah state after his stellar 2018 campaign. Also lost his hc, who was replaced by a defensive line assistant coach, who had no idea how to run a offense or develop a qb. As such his play suffered. He needs a year to develop, but his upside is worth a late 1st early 2nd round pick. His only real weakness is he tends to lock into receivers.

People tend to overlook this fact. 1. He lost a ton of talent at Utah state after his stellar 2018 campaign. Also lost his hc, who was replaced by a defensive line assistant coach, who had no idea how to run a offense or develop a qb. As such his play suffered. His only real weakness Is he tends to lock into receivers. He’s gonna be an elite qb, just needs to sit a year. Similar to how Patrick mahomes needed to sit a year.

Love was getting adjustments and audibles from the sideline last year.  He has big issues aside from just locking onto receivers.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 10:47 PM)Whatever Wrote: Love was getting adjustments and audibles from the sideline last year.  He has big issues aside from just locking onto receivers.

So do most college qbs. That’s not new. So does burrow. He can make every throw, he’s elite at ball placement, and most of the ints this year we’re due to him forcing throws bc of no wr separation. He’s a franchise qb.
Reply/Quote
Like Burrow, PFF did a break down of Jordan Love.

https://www.pff.com/news/college-buyer-beware-on-utah-state-qb-jordan-love

Here is the conclusion.

Quote:Love’s 2019 season was full of plays in which he tried to be superman and lofted some horrendous passes. The more concerning part of his play is that his absolute worst throws were against average competition. After his good performance on national television in the Tropical Smoothie Cafe Frisco Bowl against Kent State, who owns the 113th-ranked defense in PFF’s Massey rankings, fans were ready to call Love the quarterback of their team’s future. Watching him at Utah State in 2019, it’s pretty evident that Love has great zip on the ball. As indicated earlier, Love hits his open receivers perfectly with a rocket or a feathery drop in the bucket. That and his athletic frame is a large reason why he’ll likely be among the first five quarterbacks taken in the draft. Other than Love’s “potential” and “perfect quarterback frame,” he has shown very little to warrant that though. If you’re going to vie for your team to draft Jordan Love, do so with caution.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2019, 11:22 AM)Synric Wrote: Like Burrow, PFF did a break down of Jordan Love.

https://www.pff.com/news/college-buyer-beware-on-utah-state-qb-jordan-love

Here is the conclusion.

That is so incorrect by pff. He had dimes with the toughest man coverage imaginable and he still hit them perfectly.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 03:58 PM)Jpoore Wrote: That is so incorrect by pff. He had dimes with the toughest man coverage imaginable and he still hit them perfectly.

PFF disagrees and former QB Bruce Gradkowski disagrees.

Quote:Love’s decision-making and accuracy on his horizontal lead passes (throws in which he is leading the receiver across the field, like crossers, slants, etc.) was significantly worse. PFF charts every single quarterback pass made at both the collegiate and professional levels in a process led by former NFL quarterback Bruce Gradkowski, and the findings on Love are a big red flag. He had seven interceptions on horizontal lead passes in 2019 that were solely his fault – not his receiver, not a great play by the defense, but a pass that was either an overthrow, underthrow, ball thrown behind the receiver, misread in coverage, etc. He had zero of these on horizontal lead passes in 2018.

Altogether, Love has produced a turnover-worthy play rate of 4.7% that ranks 109th among 136 FBS quarterbacks. When examining the past quarterback draft classes, one in particular produced a high number of big-time throws and a high number of turnover-worthy plays like Love in 2019: Sam Darnold in 2017. Darnold was drafted second overall and has pretty much been the same player at the NFL level – below average at best.

[Image: Love-INT.png]

Many these turnover-worthy plays of Love’s came on tight window passes where he has performed far below expectation (as indicated earlier), ranking 98th in PFF grade and tossing more interceptions than anyone else. When comparing Love’s tight window passing to quarterbacks who were drafted in the first three rounds of the last three NFL drafts as well the top choices from this year’s class mentioned earlier, the concern grows larger. Love has produced an uncatchable pass rate into tight windows higher than any of these quarterbacks at 44.4%.

[Image: Jordan_Love.png]
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 05:00 PM)Synric Wrote: PFF disagrees and former QB Bruce Gradkowski disagrees.

It doesn't look good for the trade down crowd that Eason, Herbert, and Hurts are also down there near Love on that chart.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 05:30 PM)Whatever Wrote: It doesn't look good for the trade down crowd that Eason, Herbert, and Hurts are also down there near Love on that chart.

The really impressive guy on that chart is the one of Bengals fans are writing off because of the Dalton comparison...Jake Fromm.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 06:43 PM)Synric Wrote: The really impressive guy on that chart is the one of Bengals fans are writing off because of the Dalton comparison...Jake Fromm.

Fromm isn't a guy I'd consider at #1, but he will be a solid pick for someone in the late 1st or 2nd.  He's low ceiling, but he has the 2nd highest floor in this class behind Burrow imo.  He'll log a lot of years in the NFL as either a mid tier starter or quality backup.
Reply/Quote
Dang! I came on here ready to discuss the best thing that could have happened. I was ready to discuss a plane crash with the Brown family and Kardashians on board or maybe dengue fever spreading through the front office.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 06:43 PM)Synric Wrote: The really impressive guy on that chart is the one of Bengals fans are writing off because of the Dalton comparison...Jake Fromm.

A simple viewing of the SEC championship game should tell you that he is miles way from Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 12:50 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Dang! I came on here ready to discuss the best thing that could have happened. I was ready to discuss a plane crash with the Brown family and Kardashians on board or maybe dengue fever spreading through the front office.

I was thinking along the lines of "Mike Brown announces retirement".  I don't think that it's healthy do wish death on people, though. (aside from true evil doers in the world)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 05:00 PM)Synric Wrote: PFF disagrees and former QB Bruce Gradkowski disagrees.

I disagree with all of this whole heartedly. His hc got replaced by a assistant dline coach who has no idea how to coach a qb. U give this mean a oc, he balls like he did last year
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 11:47 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I disagree with all of this whole heartedly. His hc got replaced by a assistant dline coach who has no idea how to coach a qb.  U give this mean a oc, he balls like he did last year

Sounds like you just talked yourself out of him then. 
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 11:47 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I disagree with all of this whole heartedly. His hc got replaced by a assistant dline coach who has no idea how to coach a qb.  U give this mean a oc, he balls like he did last year

They had a great 1-2 punch at RB last year, which allowed them to limit Love's attempts.  He threw 28 or fewer passes in 7 games last year.  This year, he's only had one such game.  He's being asked to carry the offense instead of the run game carrying him, and his cracks are showing because of it.  Their current OC, Mike Sanford, had a lot more success with DeShone Kizer at Notre Dame than he has with Love.  
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 12:50 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Dang! I came on here ready to discuss the best thing that could have happened. I was ready to discuss a plane crash with the Brown family and Kardashians on board or maybe dengue fever spreading through the front office.

I will never understand why it’s tolerated here to wish death on another human being over a football team.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 04:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I was thinking along the lines of "Mike Brown announces retirement".  I don't think that it's healthy do wish death on people, though. (aside from true evil doers in the world)
Was not wishing death just joking around with the Kardashian brown thing and the crazy intesity of some on here. I do see how it can be read as a bad post but surely was not meant that way. I do not take this team that serious and most of my post come from a laughing perspective as I post. Whether the brown family has a good team or not has zero effect on my life. Sorry to anyone who took my post as some crazy guy wishing death on people.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 02:26 AM)Whatever Wrote: They had a great 1-2 punch at RB last year, which allowed them to limit Love's attempts.  He threw 28 or fewer passes in 7 games last year.  This year, he's only had one such game.  He's being asked to carry the offense instead of the run game carrying him, and his cracks are showing because of it.  Their current OC, Mike Sanford, had a lot more success with DeShone Kizer at Notre Dame than he has with Love.  

But again that’s notre dame not Utah state... he needs to sit but he’s got too 6 nfl qb potential
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 06:16 AM)Jpoore Wrote: But again that’s notre dame not Utah state... he needs to sit but he’s got too 6 nfl qb potential

Love would be best suited for a team that has an aging starter who will be gone in a year or two so that Love has time to be groomed. Steelers or Chargers come to mind. Maybe Patriots or Saints if Brady and/or Brees doesn’t retire.

Love needs time to develop but he has the tools. That’s too risky for a team like the Bengals though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote