Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best way for us to win next year-fix the running game
(01-12-2017, 12:03 AM)jason Wrote: We're he drafted by the Bengals, Zeke Elliot wouldn't have had the year he just did. I don't like our running game either, but I think depth chart is more to blame than personnel. I don't want any offensive player at 9 but Williams. They should go stud DE in the first. O line should be fixed in free agency. It won't, but it should. If they do go RB, I'd prefer the dude at FSU

I would like a stud pass rusher at 9 myself.  If they go offense, you gotta grab Cook, he'll have a bigger impact on the offense than a WR, in my opinion, due to being a dual threat.  There's homerun potential every time he gets the ball.

(01-12-2017, 01:55 AM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: I keep finding myself watching the fournette film.im back and forth but his size/ speed/burst/violence is just amazing to me.He truly looks like a junior playing with 6th graders alot of the time.i think his burst unmatched from what i have seen in awhile.

J. Hill looked good behind those road graders at LSU too. Mellow  I like the film on Forunette, but I am becoming increasingly leery of guys from bama and Baton Rouge, for good reason.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 10:40 AM)Wyche Wrote: I would like a stud pass rusher at 9 myself.  If they go offense, you gotta grab Cook, he'll have a bigger impact on the offense than a WR, in my opinion, due to being a dual threat.  There's homerun potential every time he gets the ball.

J. Hill looked good behind those road graders at LSU too. Mellow  I like the film on Forunette, but I am becoming increasingly leery of guys from bama and Baton Rouge, for good reason.
When i watch hill at lsu vs fournette at lsu the only comparison i see is they played at lsu.Im not sure if people here have made there minds up about fournette because of hill ...i dont see how the two can be compared.On every hill run he gets what is blocked for him.fournette either outruns or runs over .mix that with vision and you have a dangerous player.The word that comes to mind is gamebreaker.Bigger Faster Stronger Smarter.Its an obvious upgrade for me at this point over hill.my problem is fournette is gonna be long gone by our pick after he owns the combine.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 10:40 AM)Wyche Wrote: I would like a stud pass rusher at 9 myself.  If they go offense, you gotta grab Cook, he'll have a bigger impact on the offense than a WR, in my opinion, due to being a dual threat.  There's homerun potential every time he gets the ball.

So no likie Big Whit & Dre K  Tongue

IMO if a star WR is there vs Cook, WR is the bigger need. Boyd is your possession WR, and you got nobody behind him to take the top off. You have your "out of the backfield" threat with Gio, so Cook would sit behind him. Mike Williams would pretty much start day one, especially if they don't resign Lafell. 

The Bengals are extremely one-dimensional when AJ's out. i don't have the exact stats ( I can dig those up shortly), but they are borderline awful when he doesn't play. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 02:35 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: So no likie Big Whit & Dre K  Tongue

IMO if a star WR is there vs Cook, WR is the bigger need. Boyd is your possession WR, and you got nobody behind him to take the top off. You have your "out of the backfield" threat with Gio, so Cook would sit behind him. Mike Williams would pretty much start day one, especially if they don't resign Lafell. 

The Bengals are extremely one-dimensional when AJ's out. i don't have the exact stats ( I can dig those up shortly), but they are borderline awful when he doesn't play. 
couldn't have said it better myself that would be a elite offense think Williams and green both would have 1000 yard seasons this year.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 02:35 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: So no likie Big Whit & Dre K  Tongue

To be fair you can say the team couldnt move the ball without Bernard also. I think Fournette would be awesome but I really think Carolina will take him. It sucks not having the luxury of just taking BPA with a #9 pick. Like I said in another thread, if you was to ask anyone mid season what position needs upgraded the most almost everyone would have said OT/C/DE/LB probably in that order. Where has that gone? we got a higher than expected pick now these skill positions are looking pretty tempting. I would love to get a play making WR or Hills replacement but thats just not how Brown rolls. He will stay the course and draft another OT (if he even thinks its an issue) who knows with him. I dont see him drafting a C at #9 and i get that, hell he's never drafted one higher than the 4th with Marvin there. Or Marvin and Brown will throw that CB curve ball at us at 9. Im just going to look at it this way, both lines suck and need help, they wont do it in FA so I expect us to pick a lineman offense or defense and I will be fine with it cause its a need and if we go skill player great, but they better have a plan. LOL they go CB I will break alot of shit.
Reply/Quote
I'm fine with taking Fournette or Cook at 9 and fixing the o-line via FA, although I seriously doubt it plays out like that. Would also like Hooker, but didn't they just give a good contract to Shaun Williams? So...hard to see that happening.

At this point I'd bet my money on the Bengals taking either a pass rusher or a tackle at #9. It's a lazy, cheap and conservative approach, but that's exactly how the Bengals roll.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 04:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm fine with taking Fournette or Cook at 9 and fixing the o-line via FA, although I seriously doubt it plays out like that. Would also like Hooker, but didn't they just give a good contract to Shaun Williams? So...hard to see that happening.

At this point I'd bet my money on the Bengals taking either a pass rusher or a tackle at #9. It's a lazy, cheap and conservative approach, but that's exactly how the Bengals roll.

I think Hooker could be an option for us. He's getting some Earl Thomas comparisons and who wouldn't want that in our secondary?

I doubt we take an OT, unless Whit actually leaves. I think they roll with a re-signed Whit at LT and Fisher/Winston at RT. Lap is on the pass rusher train and if he still feels that way in late March-early April, then I think it's safe to say that's the Bengals feeling.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 05:40 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I think Hooker could be an option for us. He's getting some Earl Thomas comparisons and who wouldn't want that in our secondary?

I doubt we take an OT, unless Whit actually leaves. I think they roll with a re-signed Whit at LT and Fisher/Winston at RT. Lap is on the pass rusher train and if he still feels that way in late March-early April, then I think it's safe to say that's the Bengals feeling.

True, I think we'll all be paying close attention to Lap's take as the draft approaches.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
We have to fix the O-line before it matters what splash player we get. Barry Sanders and Randy Moss won't make a difference if we roll with Bodine and Ogbuehi !
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 09:56 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: We have to fix the O-line before it matters what splash player we get. Barry Sanders and Randy Moss won't make a difference if we roll with Bodine and Ogbuehi !

Should we spend our first and second rd picks to fix it? 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 03:26 PM)TKUHL Wrote: To be fair you can say the team couldnt move the ball without Bernard also. I think Fournette would be awesome but I really think Carolina will take him. It sucks not having the luxury of just taking BPA with a #9 pick. Like I said in another thread, if you was to ask anyone mid season what position needs upgraded the most almost everyone would have said OT/C/DE/LB probably in that order. Where has that gone? we got a higher than expected pick now these skill positions are looking pretty tempting. I would love to get a play making WR or Hills replacement but thats just not how Brown rolls. He will stay the course and draft another OT (if he even thinks its an issue) who knows with him. I dont see him drafting a C at #9 and i get that, hell he's never drafted one higher than the 4th with Marvin there. Or Marvin and Brown will throw that CB curve ball at us at 9. Im just going to look at it this way, both lines suck and need help, they wont do it in FA so I expect us to pick a lineman offense or defense and I will be fine with it cause its a need and if we go skill player great, but they better have a plan. LOL they go CB I will break alot of shit.
Whoever we get at 9 needs to be an immediate impact player.if we take another cb then im gonna swing on marvin the next time i see him on the boat
.no more projects i think we all can agree the window is closing fast.its time to play for now instead of the future for once
Reply/Quote
RB and 9 is a bad idea. If you have Bodine and Ogbuehi/Fisher blocking for him, and Paul Alexander coaching the OL, it won't really matter who he is.

Bengals' Rushing YPC Rankings...
2016: 23rd
2015: 23rd
2014: 12th
2013: 27th-t
2012: 20th
2011: 27th
2010: 32nd
2009: 24th
2008: 30th
2007: 28th-t

That's right, in the last DECADE, the Bengals have been above 20th place in rushing YPC all of once. [b]They have been in the bottom ten a whopping eight times.[b/] That's the greatness that is Paul Alexander in action, right there. Just ask Fred. He's probably the best most respected OL coach of all time. Likely going to go to the HoF both as a OL Coach and a Piano Player. Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 10:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: RB and 9 is a bad idea. If you have Bodine and Ogbuehi/Fisher blocking for him, and Paul Alexander coaching the OL, it won't really matter who he is.

Bengals' Rushing YPC Rankings...
2016: 23rd
2015: 23rd
2014: 12th
2013: 27th-t
2012: 20th
2011: 27th
2010: 32nd
2009: 24th
2008: 30th
2007: 28th-t

That's right, in the last DECADE, the Bengals have been above 20th place in rushing YPC all of once. [b]They have been in the bottom ten a whopping eight times.[b/] That's the greatness that is Paul Alexander in action, right there. Just ask Fred. He's probably the best most respected OL coach of all time. Likely going to go to the HoF both as a OL Coach and a Piano Player. Ninja
Who was the rb those years ?? An elite player? Maybe having a rb who is a true gamebreaker would change that.The predictable play calling doesnt help im sure
Reply/Quote
Fournette at 9 and an OL in the 2nd....then add a lineman in FA .i think this would go a long way towards getting better
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 10:48 PM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: Fournette at 9 and an OL in the 2nd....then add a lineman in FA .i think this would go a long way towards getting better

We have to address a couple spots at a minimum in free agency to have any chance IMHO. Upper tier guys

Whether it's an O-lineman, LB, DE ??? We can't rely on draft alone to fix this team. Whit, Geno, AJ, Andy don't have that kinda time left with window open.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2017, 12:04 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: We have to address a couple spots at a minimum in free agency to have any chance IMHO. Upper tier guys

Whether it's an O-lineman, LB, DE ??? We can't rely on draft alone to fix this team. Whit, Geno, AJ, Andy don't have that kinda time left with window open.

I agree i think we should go for some bigger FA this year .I know that it is highly unlikely
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2017, 12:04 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: We have to address a couple spots at a minimum in free agency to have any chance IMHO. Upper tier guys

Ty we do this every year, it's very common for us to try to address everything in the draft by our fans, we should be looking in free agency for a couple spots we have the money, also we will never have the perfect team, and good player at every position it just don't work like that. Look at the patriots, they don't have a great defense but their offense is one of the best. 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 07:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: True, I think we'll all be paying close attention to Lap's take as the draft approaches.

Agreed. It was either draft day or 1-2 days before the draft, but Lap said we should look at WJ3 as a possibility if all 3 WRs were gone. Again, WJ3 wasn't thrown around too much so some people dismissed it. Well, Lap was right again.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 01:55 AM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: I keep finding myself watching the fournette film.im back and forth but his size/ speed/burst/violence is just amazing to me.He truly looks like a junior playing with 6th graders alot of the time.i think his burst unmatched from what i have seen in awhile.

If you want to see how he will look in the pros, with an "average" OL, just watch his games against 'Bama..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 10:14 PM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: Should we spend our first and second rd picks to fix it? 

First round maybe, second round definitely. Bengaldom, without a better offensive line -- and coach -- this team will peak at 8-8 into the near future. This season I watched a lot of other teams play and the best teams run the ball at will and pass at will because their offensive lines dominate every possession. 39 year old Tom Brady would be a crash test dummy behind the Cincinnati line and Ezekiel Elliott would be considered a bust.

I saw too many three-and-outs and stalled drives because the piano man's music was in the wrong key.
Reply/Quote