Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bet Bengals
Finally took the time to bet on Bengals.

500 - Bengals over 6.5 +115 = 575
200 - Bengals win Division 2000 = 4000
100 - Bengals win Conference 5000 = 5000
200 - Bengals win Super Bowl 10000 = 20000
All told $1000 bet with chance to win $30,575

As long as they win 7 games I will win $75.00 all told.

Go Bengals!

Anybody else betting on Bengals?
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 08:10 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Finally took the time to bet on Bengals.

Go Bengals!

But...if you're betting $1000, and you win $75...you don't really win $75.  Nervous

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 08:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: But...if you're betting $1000, and you win $75...you don't really win $75.  Nervous

If the Bengals win 7 games, he wins 575, if heloses the other bets he loses 500.  Net profit 75.
Pretty safe bet, IMO.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 08:36 PM)Nickslycat Wrote: If the Bengals win 7 games, he wins 575, if heloses the other bets he loses 500.  Net profit 75.
Pretty safe bet, IMO.

Maybe it's because i don't bet, but the math seems kind of funny to me.

He hands over $1000. Bengals win 7. He gets $575 back. That's -$425.

Am i doing this wrong?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 08:10 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Anybody else betting on Bengals?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 08:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: But...if you're betting $1000, and you win $75...you don't really win $75.  Nervous

I think the math works out like this...  He gets backs his initial bet of $500 and then $115 for each $100 spent.  So intial $500 bet + $575 in winnings = $1075 total. 

Regardless, I hope he's rich.  Betting on the Bengals is not a sound investment.  In the last 5 years they've hit the under every single time.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 08:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Maybe it's because i don't bet, but the math seems kind of funny to me.

Am i doing this wrong?

That's the same figure that I came up with.  I think that you're on the right track.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 09:04 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I think the math works out like this...  He gets backs his initial bet of $500 and then $115 for each $100 spent.  So intial $500 bet + $575 in winnings = $1075 total. 

Regardless, I hope he's rich.  Betting on the Bengals is not a sound investment.  In the last 5 years they've hit the under every single time.

Your math is correct.

As everyone knows I have been a big fan of the ZT regime and what they are trying to do.
If they cannot win 7 games in a 17 game season then I was wrong and I lose a $1000.

I am really betting on Joe Burrow being healthy.

I am very confident in not only Burrow being healthy but the Bengals OL ability to protect him.
Rather than just say that I thought I should put money down if I am that confident.

I bought 2 Season tickets for the Bengals. Section 210. That is on the Bengals side 50 yard line. 

It will be a great year or I will be like a lot of people on this board saying ZT must go.

For now I am all in. Go Bengals!
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 09:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's the same figure that I came up with.  I think that you're on the right track.

You not only get the $575 but you also get your $500 original bet back.

If they win 7 games I get $1075 back.
If they win the division I get above bet and additional $4200 back
If the win the conference I get above bets and additional  $5100 back
If they win Super Bowl I get above bets and additional $20,200 back

The Over/Under is the bet that pays for it all or loses it all.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 08:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Maybe it's because i don't bet, but the math seems kind of funny to me.

Am i doing this wrong?

You are wrong.

He gets $575 in winnings plus his original $500 back.  He does not have to bet $500 just to win $75. That is what he would be doing if he just got $575 back after giving them $500.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 09:19 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: You not only get the $575 but you also get your $500 original bet back.

If they win 7 games I get $1075 back.
If they win the division I get above bet and additional $4200 back
If the win the conference I get above bets and additional  $5100 back
If they win Super Bowl I get above bets and additional $20,200 back

The Over/Under is the bet that pays for it all or loses it all.

Ok, that makes sense.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 09:04 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Regardless, I hope he's rich.  Betting on the Bengals is not a sound investment.  In the last 5 years they've hit the under every single time.

Weren't you the one who posted the numbers showing that they paid on the over the 5 years before that?

The "realist" around here would have lost a lot of money betting on their so-called "reality" for a few years there.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 09:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.) Weren't you the one who posted the numbers showing that they paid on the over the 5 years before that?

2.) The "realist" around here would have lost a lot of money betting on their so-called "reality" for a few years there.

1.) Yes, I posted the entire decade of overs/unders.  You must not have taken the time to appreciate the point I was trying to make, even though I did my best in trying  explain it. 

The overall point was that Vegas is very good at setting lines.  Not only in the differential between their actual win total and the predicted win total, but also in the fact they hit the over 5 times and the under 5 times (an equal amount).

2.) The "realist" knows notto  bet the Bengals period, at least not in sizeable amounts.  Good or bad, you're better off finding a team you're impartial to then letting your letting emotion (positive or negative) cloud your judgement.

Fwiw, I've never placed on a bet for or against the Bengals.  It ruins the experience for me.  I even tend to avoid their players in fantasy football, unless they've dropped considerably.  I think it's a good rule of thumb to keep the fan experience seperate from the betting experience.  To each their own though...
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 09:47 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 1.) Yes, I posted the entire decade of overs/unders.  You must not have taken the time to appreciate the point I was trying to make, even though I did my best in trying  explain it. 

The overall point was that Vegas is very good at setting lines.  Not only in the differential between their actual win total and the predicted win total, but also in the fact they hit the over 5 times and the under 5 times (an equal amount).

2.) The "realist" knows notto  bet the Bengals period, at least not in sizeable amounts.  Good or bad, you're better off finding a team you're impartial to then letting your letting emotion (positive or negative) cloud your judgement.

Fwiw, I've never placed on a bet for or against the Bengals.  It ruins the experience for me.  I even tend to avoid their players in fantasy football, unless they've dropped considerably.  I think it's a good rule of thumb to keep the fan experience seperate from the betting experience.  To each their own though...

I actually do not bet much. I do like betting on stuff that I follow but I understand about the emotions being in the way. I have thought about betting against the Bengals but then I would not enjoy the game.The odds were too much to pass on it. Everyone is very high on the Browns to make the SuperBowl. I have watched the Bengals/Browns game multiple times and feel like we are as good if not better than they are. Not a big Baker Mayfield fan and I think the Browns line will not perform as well as they did last year. Time will tell if I am right.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 09:04 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I think the math works out like this...  He gets backs his initial bet of $500 and then $115 for each $100 spent.  So intial $500 bet + $575 in winnings = $1075 total. 

Ahhhh. That makes sense. I just remember the good ole days when you bet an amount of money and then you got money back by the odds. All this plus/minus stuff makes my head hurt. 

Reply/Quote
Was playing in pool tournament in Vegas in 2004 and figured I would make a championship bet on college.

Studied hard and decided that Auburn was my bet and put $100 down. Solid team with a fairly good schedule for being in SEC that year and figured going undefeated in SEC would get them their chance was my reasoning.

Anyway they go undefeated but oddly don't get their shot at Championship game and USC wins against big against Oklahoma to clinch it..

Auburn finished 2nd per winning their bowl game as well to stay undefeated.
7 years later they strip USC of title which made Auburn the champs.

Too late for me as the bet was null and void by then obviously.

Anyway as for bet by OP, if one has confidence in the over 6.5 which obviously he does.
Then its a good bet. He gets money back on the over bet and gets to roll the dice on house money on 3 long shot bets that would pay handsomely if hitting.
Even if we disagree and dislike his chances, we all will be winners if he is prophetic and Bengals "take it to the house". I for one will be rooting for him every step of the way.

Good Luck !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 09:47 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 1.) Yes, I posted the entire decade of overs/unders.  You must not have taken the time to appreciate the point I was trying to make, even though I did my best in trying  explain it. 

The overall point was that Vegas is very good at setting lines. 

Actually that would be the point if you said fans should not bet on ANY team.  

But you were just talking about the Bengals.  And the Bengals look like a 50/50 bet over the last ten years.  And if Vegas is good at setting the line that should work out to be the average for every team in the league.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 08:10 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Finally took the time to bet on Bengals.

Go Bengals!

I'm with you my man.  I'll be betting before the season starts And feel will win at least 9 games and maybe a playoff game or 2 but would put my money on burrow winning us a chip also.
Have to bet now because I feel with our schedule will be 4-0 to start so odds will go down.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2021, 05:40 AM)Amalone002 Wrote: I'm with you my man.  I'll be betting before the season starts And feel will win at least 9 games and maybe a playoff game or 2 but would put my money on burrow winning us a chip also.
Have to bet now because I feel with our schedule will be 4-0 to start so odds will go down.

Yes, I feel the odds will go down after preseason.

The offensive line will play better and I believe the Defense will play better as well.
All I am looking for out of the defense is at least NFL average. I think the Offense with a healthy Burrow can carry this team.

I think they are under valued that is why I placed the bet.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2021, 12:39 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Was playing in pool tournament in Vegas in 2004 and figured I would make a championship bet on college.

Studied hard and decided that Auburn was my bet and laid $100 down. Solid team with a fairly good schedule for being in SEC that year and figured going undefeated in SEC would get them their chance was my reasoning.

Anyway they go undefeated but oddly don't get their shot at Championship game and USC wins against big against Oklahoma to clinch it..

Auburn finished 2nd per winning their bowl game as well to stay undefeated.
7 years later they strip USC of title which made Auburn the champs.

Too late for me as the bet was null and void by then obviously.

Anyway as for bet by OP, if one has confidence in the over 6.5 which obviously he does.
Then its a good bet. He gets money back on the over bet and gets to roll the dice on house money on 3 long shot bets that would pay handsomely if hit.
Even if we disagree and dislike his chances, we all will be winners if he is prophetic and Bengals "take it to the house".  I for one will be rooting for him every step of the way.

Good Luck !

Thanks,

You are right as long as they cover the over it is house money.
They AFC Championship and Super Bowl may be a sucker bet it brings excitement to the season.

If they start off strong I may have to start looking into Hotel rooms for the Super Bowl in Los Angeles.

It could be ZT and the Bengals going against Sean McVay and the LA Rams. Doesn't it hurt to dream a little.

Go Bengals!

BTW - That Auburn bet would have been a tough pill to swallow. Do you remember what the payout would have been?
Reply/Quote