Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Better...but, need to be better...again
(10-15-2023, 07:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tee otoh seems to get caught more often than not.

That's because Tee's arms are like 6ft long, each.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 05:23 PM)Synric Wrote: Bengals have to find a rushing offense if they want to compete late in the season. There is zero rushing scheme right now.

This end of game with just over 2:00 min left and 1 and 10. We could barely run 20 seconds off the clock. That was pathetic. At least make them use there timeouts we could not even do that.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 12:05 AM)chopperbobby Wrote: This end of game with just over 2:00 min left and 1 and 10. We could barely run 20 seconds off the clock.  That was pathetic.  At least make them use there timeouts we could not even do that.

The reason you dont make them use their timeouts in that situation is because if the Bengals dont get the first down, Seattle still has plenty of time to score even without the timeouts so the timeouts are a non factor.  The most important thing at that point is for the Bengals to be able to get the 1st down.  If they dont get the 1st down, Seattle gets the ball with over 2 minutes left in the game.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 05:23 PM)Synric Wrote: Bengals have to find a rushing offense if they want to compete late in the season. There is zero rushing scheme right now.

That would require a good OL coach/run game coordinator, and Frank Pollack is neither. 
Reply/Quote
I fee like I'm whining, when I'm happy that the Bengals are at 3-3 heading into the bye. But..
If the Bengals had shown up to the first game of the season ready to play we could be at 5-1 among the leaders of the NFL and 2 games up in the division. Before today the Bengals had a less than 20% chance to make the playoffs per the oddsmakers. Today the Bengals had 77 yards of offense after the 1st quarter in 8 possessions. If our defense disappeared as often as our offense does, we'd already be talking about the draft.
As a result, I'm not looking for the offense to came alive and become top 5. I'm just looking for them to become better, competent at moving the chains, getting the defense get off the field and scoring 2+ touchdowns (right now the offense has scored 8 TDs in 6 games).
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 02:20 AM)puddycat Wrote: I fee like I'm whining, when I'm happy that the Bengals are at 3-3 heading into the bye. But..
If the Bengals had shown up to the first game of the season ready to play we could be at 5-1 among the leaders of the NFL and 2 games up in the division.  Before today the Bengals had a less than 20% chance to make the playoffs per the oddsmakers.  Today the Bengals had 77 yards of offense after the 1st quarter in 8 possessions.  If our defense disappeared as often as our offense does, we'd already be talking about the draft.
As a result, I'm not looking for the offense to came alive and become top 5.  I'm just looking for them to become better, competent at moving the chains, getting the defense get off the field and scoring 2+ touchdowns (right now the offense has scored 8 TDs in 6 games).it is k
it is crazy to think we were burrow's fluke INT away to winning that BAL game and being 4-2.
Reply/Quote
A lot of teams are struggling offensively. Out of 28 teams that have played this week, only 5 have managed to score over 21 points.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 01:59 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: And probably not something of urgency to Zac in the upcoming draft. We have to fix this line first. I think getting rid of Pollack would be the best step in the right direction.

(10-16-2023, 12:46 AM)GodFather Wrote: That would require a good OL coach/run game coordinator, and Frank Pollack is neither. 

The Bengals moves in FA don’t match the poor success in the OL. It’s obvious that Zac needs an OL coach who is smart and scheme savvy and a good evaluator. It’s not Zac’s strength.1 Pollack is none of those.
Mike Brown loves Pollack as does Zac. But it’s time to cut bait.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 09:30 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The Bengals moves in FA don’t match the poor success in the OL. It’s obvious that Zac needs an OL coach who is smart and scheme savvy and a good evaluator. It’s not Zac’s strength.1 Pollack is none of those.

Couldn't agree more. Which is why I think Zac Kromer from the Rams would be a great fit.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 01:28 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Couldn't agree more. Which is why I think Zac Kromer from the Rams would be a great fit.

Or Sherrone Moore the OL coach of the Wolverines. But yeah, need to bring in a new OL coach. Pollack isn't getting it done.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 01:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Or Sherrone Moore the OL coach of the Wolverines. But yeah, need to bring in a new OL coach. Pollack isn't getting it done.

Don't know the guy because I don't follow college ball too much. However, coaches coming over from college to pro's have not been as successful as we would hope. Which is why I didn't consider it.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 01:52 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Don't know the guy because I don't follow college ball too much. However, coaches coming over from college to pro's have not been as successful as we would hope. Which is why I didn't consider it.

I getcha, I don't know much about Kromer lol

You would think the only OL coaches that would come here would be for making the jump to the pros over college and not 
lateral moves switching from one OL coaching job in the NFL to another. Having Burrow here might entice someone though
or just pay the guy a lot of dough, probably both. Hate seeing the Stains having Brian Callahan's dad as their OL coach.

Want that guy here damn it all.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 02:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I getcha, I don't know much about Kromer lol

You would think the only OL coaches that would come here would be for making the jump to the pros over college and not 
lateral moves switching from one OL coaching job in the NFL to another. Having Burrow here might entice someone though
or just pay the guy a lot of dough, probably both. Hate seeing the Stains having Brian Callahan's dad as their OL coach.

Want that guy here damn it all.

It wouldn't be a lateral move. He's an assistant offensive line coach and his bio is amazing. He's been coaching in the NFL for 7 years. Zac knows him and they've worked under McVays system together. I just don't see any negatives in this pic.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 01:52 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Don't know the guy because I don't follow college ball too much. However, coaches coming over from college to pro's have not been as successful as we would hope. Which is why I didn't consider it.

i am a pretty big Michigan fan so have followed Moore pretty closely there. And although everyone is right, you can never really tell how a college coach (especially OL) will transfer to the NFL, he is definitely worth a look. The results speak for themselves, but most importantly because (although Michigan recruits very good players, don't get me wrong) he does a great job of taking good players and making them great/elite. Olu Oluwatimi, who won the Rimington last year, was a transfer. 

What you get in Moore is a guy who constantly and consistently develops players and gets the most out of them. Now, I cannot say that he is ready to leave Michigan or anything like that, or that he's better than the guys others have suggested, but in terms of his ability to mold and shape guys into great offensive lineman is really something I would love to see us do.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 09:30 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The Bengals moves in FA don’t match the poor success in the OL. It’s obvious that Zac needs an OL coach who is smart and scheme savvy and a good evaluator. It’s not Zac’s strength.1 Pollack is none of those.

I agree 100% and don't understand what there is to love? He's done nothing to warrant the love from those guys.
Reply/Quote

I get that but Moore is pretty good and RPO’s and the Zone Read came from college. Zac didn’t hire Pollack not that he was opposed but Pollack’s relationship with the Bengals was before Zac. Zac’s reputation in the coaching circles is solid as the staff finally is in place. I’m sure he will get some good candidates if they do move on.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote