Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Better...but, need to be better...
(09-25-2022, 05:59 PM)Joelist Wrote: I am still not sure why Chase looked off today, and yes Mixon looks like he has lost a step. But also the plays called in the run game frequently don't suit the personnel. Note on that last long drive they changed it up just a little - instead of trying to get the edge every time they were running in the Tackle-Guard gap on the right side. That let Karras, Cappa and Collins do what they do best and with Perine not dancing and being that bit faster at hitting the hole the results were good.

Did Sauce stop him?
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 05:32 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: I'm convinced Zac should not be calling the plays. The 4th and 1 and a sweep right when half the Jets were there. As has been said 1000 times take the 3 and make it a 30-12 game. Or, a Q sneak on 4th and 1, better chance. Evan isn't automatic but what a 20yd FG there? Like those odds there.

At least he did a good job of running the clock with Perine at the end there. Perine always seems to get an extra yard or so going forward.

Maybe he knew Evan would hook the FGA like he did the FGA shortly thereafter. lol
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 05:59 PM)Joelist Wrote: I am still not sure why Chase looked off today, and yes Mixon looks like he has lost a step. But also the plays called in the run game frequently don't suit the personnel. Note on that last long drive they changed it up just a little - instead of trying to get the edge every time they were running in the Tackle-Guard gap on the right side. That let Karras, Cappa and Collins do what they do best and with Perine not dancing and being that bit faster at hitting the hole the results were good.

I think Sauce did a pretty good job on Chase. Felt like he was on him a lot today. I said going into this one it would probably be a big Boyd and Tee game, and it was.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 05:57 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: .Now,getting ready for Miami,who just beat the Bills,sending a statement that they are for real.

The Bills kicked the Dolphins up and down the field.  Miami was lucky to win.

Bills had 497 yards and 31 first downs.  Dolphins offense was shut down (212 yarsd 15 first downs)
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 05:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There's a chance...that Mixon...is...washed up.

I think Ezekiel Elliott is getting there too.

RB is a tough position.

I don' believe he is washed up, and still think he's the best back on the team. But his  running style drives me up the wall though. He runs like Le'Veon Bell, in that he takes the snap and hesitates waiting on the line to open lanes that our line does not open or they close quickly. He just needs to hit the hole and go like Perine does.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 06:01 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Did Sauce stop him?

he was effective, Chase did not have a good game.. he scored but it was blown coverage , he was uncovered in the end zone... 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 05:57 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Should have had 40+,but,we’ll take the win.Ther are still issues with this team.Now,getting ready for Miami,who just beat the Bills,sending a statement that they are for real.

Weren’t the Bills missing like 8 players before and during the game?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Perine showed why he is a reliable 2nd back today.. scored a TD in red zone, blocked well and ran well when he was called to take over for Mixon with solid running and no turnovers.. he holds onto the ball
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 06:01 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Maybe he knew Evan would hook the FGA like he did the FGA shortly thereafter. lol

That is all the more reason to kick it. Get as much game time snaps as we can for the holder snapper and kicker in games that it won't affect the win/loss. We might need to line up for a game winning field goal in a future game we got to work the bugs out.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 05:50 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Way to try and diminish what we did today. 

Lol, right... how does that diminish anything? It's being realistic. I've generally been quite high on the team despite the 0-2 start.

Today was good and fine, but no point running away with it and saying 'we're back'. While a comfortable win, it certainly wasn't flawless. Miami is far more a test of how real the team is this year. 

Sorry my reaction wasn't 'looks like we're going to the Super Bowl' I guess? 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 05:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think it's fairly realistic what was said. The Dolphins will be a bigger test. But a W is a W. We pretty much controlled the Jets from the start.

Its the NFL, anyone can beat anyone. Right now a win was important to us and we came thru. Why the need to down play it?
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 06:52 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Its the NFL, anyone can beat anyone. Right now a win was important to us and we came thru. Why the need to down play it?

Lol and where was I down playing it? There isn't just one reaction to a win... we'll likely have to be better than we were today, to beat the great teams. Why is suggesting that a bad thing?

If it makes you any happier, we should be 3-0 despite a poor start and I think we're a bit unlucky not to be.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 05:32 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: I'm convinced Zac should not be calling the plays. The 4th and 1 and a sweep right when half the Jets were there. As has been said 1000 times take the 3 and make it a 30-12 game. Or, a Q sneak on 4th and 1, better chance. Evan isn't automatic but what a 20yd FG there? Like those odds there.

At least he did a good job of running the clock with Perine at the end there. Perine always seems to get an extra yard or so going forward.

We need to run the QB sneak a lot more often when we have 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1. I like the idea of running it behind Karras and Cappa seems like a sure thing to me.

The real test for the head coach will be does he replace Mixon if he struggles with Perine or another back. This is something I have not seen from Zac really yanking guys for under preforming and to try to spark the team with a new guy that might be more hungry. Only place we have really seen this on offense is the O-line.
Reply/Quote
Agree with BBong totally. Zac made 2 bad back to back calls resulting in 0 points. Run Chase 30-40 yards E to W when they need 1 yd N and not attempting the FG for 3. Just to me Perine looks as capable as Mixon and is a better blocker.
Reply/Quote
Some good things and some bad things from today.

Don't love how ZT didn't kick the FG to get us to 30 points. That could have been text book how to blow a lead 101.

Offense still looks off. We cant run worth shit and we were fortunate to be blessed with good field position at times by our defense.

Mixon looks washed. His running style could also be an issue. I wish he would just commit to a hole and run hard at times. His patience is a good thing at times, but other times it's just too much.

I would say it's a step in the right direction but this is year three with some of these players and coach...so I don't know why we need "steps in the right direction". I still don't understand why the offense looks so sluggish, out of balance, and goes doormat at times.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
We showed serious issues week 1 and those were never the kind of things that we could just flip a switch overnight and fix. It’ll take time. This was a very promising step in the right direction but there is still plenty of room for improvement. Expect this team to get better each week (with this week being a potential exception because Thursday night football has always been a terrible product-I don’t care how it looks Thursday, just find a way to win and regroup for 10 days).
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 06:52 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Lol, right... how does that diminish anything? It's being realistic. I've generally been quite high on the team despite the 0-2 start.

Today was good and fine, but no point running away with it and saying 'we're back'. While a comfortable win, it certainly wasn't flawless. Miami is far more a test of how real the team is this year. 

Sorry my reaction wasn't 'looks like we're going to the Super Bowl' I guess? 
Who said, we're back or SB here we come? Make shit up much? We needed a win and they beat a team, that last week beat the Browns. I know the realist you are, would rather cry and whine like you were in the Game Day forum.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 08:10 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Some good things and some bad things from today.

Don't love how ZT didn't kick the FG to get us to 30 points. That could have been text book how to blow a lead 101.

Offense still looks off. We cant run worth shit and we were fortunate to be blessed with good field position at times by our defense.

Mixon looks washed. His running style could also be an issue. I wish he would just commit to a hole and run hard at times. His patience is a good thing at times, but other times it's just too much.

I would say it's a step in the right direction but this is year three with some of these players and coach...so I don't know why we need "steps in the right direction". I still don't understand why the offense looks so sluggish, out of balance, and goes doormat at times.

Andy Reid decided to go with a fake FG today and it cost the Chiefs. 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 08:10 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: We showed serious issues week 1 and those were never the kind of things that we could just flip a switch overnight and fix. It’ll take time. This was a very promising step in the right direction but there is still plenty of room for improvement. Expect this team to get better each week (with this week being a potential exception because Thursday night football has always been a terrible product-I don’t care how it looks Thursday, just find a way to win and regroup for 10 days).

Good post!
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 08:24 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Who said, we're back or SB here we come? Make shit up much? We needed a win and they beat a team, that last week beat the Browns. I know the realist you are, would rather cry and whine like you were in the Game Day forum.

Lmao, your first post was an atrocious take, but this one's somehow even worse.

I barely even posted in the Game Day thread today. I think I spoke more about the Buffalo-Miami game in there than I did our game.

Go ahead and find my 'whining and crying' in today's game day thread. I'll wait. Very ironic considering what you've posted in this thread so far.

So when you talk about 'making shit up', maybe look at yourself in the mirror and realise what an absolute mare you've just had here.

Reply/Quote