Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Better...but, need to be better...
(09-25-2022, 08:26 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Andy Reid decided to go with a fake FG today and it cost the Chiefs. 

Really, all coaches have decisions like that in careers. It's like they're not psychics or something...

Call a play and it works = great call.

Call a play and it fails = bad call.

In reality, the players have to execute.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 05:52 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I’m very satisfied with the win. Perfect games don’t exist.

did you not see the Bills last Monday nite? That was close to perfection
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow looked way more like Joe Burrow today Joe

Higgins and Boyd got involved with some good catches. Perine had a good day. Hendrickson and Uzi and the D had a pretty solid game.

Joe Mixon ?? WTF ?? He just looks bad all the way around. It looks like he's running in quicksand.

Chase has a bad day, but he'll snap out of it.

It's something to build off of.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 05:38 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Definitely better, a far stronger start to the game was the difference. 2nd half the offence wasn't great and the defence made the big plays.

Gotta remember the Jets are toilet. Looking good against them doesn't make us a great team again all of a sudden. But we did the job today.

Thursday is a far bigger barometer. First game against a 'good' team this year, and one we probably need to win. 1-3 makes things difficult.

Jets are not "toilet". After today's game they are 11th on offense and 17th on defense. They have talent on that roster. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 09:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Jets are not "toilet". After today's game they are 11th on offense and 17th on defense. They have talent on that roster. 

Honestly I expected this one to come right down to the wire. So a 2 score win on the road against them is more than fine with me.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 08:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Really, all coaches have decisions like that in careers. It's like they're not psychics or something...

Call a play and it works = great call.

Call a play and it fails = bad call.

In reality, the players have to execute.

Your right. The only thing I really didn't like the first two games was I didn't see us helping out the tackles with having blockers chip the edge guy. I honestly think that might've been enough to turn those loses to wins.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 09:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Jets are not "toilet". After today's game they are 11th on offense and 17th on defense. They have talent on that roster. 

Everyone has talent, even the 0-16 teams had good players. There's not much point looking at rankings 3 games into a season, when the 32 teams of the league haven't played a remotely similar schedule to each other. By seasons end, I'd figure most have them not threatening to pick up double digits wins. Maybe 6? Maybe they'll prove me wrong.

I'm not telling you all that this is some garbage win lol, just that I think we'll need more to hang with the best teams. Ones we thought would be our new peers coming into the season. Hopefully today is a stepping stone towards that. Forum really needs to chill about 'negativity' sometimes. Like all of you, I'm obviously happier that we're 1-2 than 0-3 regardless of how.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 09:13 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Everyone has talent, even the 0-16 teams had good players. There's not much point looking at rankings 3 games into a season, when the 32 teams of the league haven't played a remotely similar schedule to each other. By seasons end, I'd figure most have them not threatening to pick up double digits wins. Maybe 6? Maybe they'll prove me wrong.

I'm not telling you all that this is some garbage win lol, just that I think we'll need more to hang with the best teams. Ones we thought would be our new peers coming into the season. Hopefully today is a stepping stone towards that. Forum really needs to chill about 'negativity' sometimes. Like all of you, I'm obviously happier that we're 1-2 than 0-3 regardless of how.

I can agree with that.

What makes the Jets "toilet"?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 09:16 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I can agree with that.

What makes the Jets "toilet"?

Lol, I think you're focusing too much on one word here. It's a colloquial phrase suggesting I don't think they're a good team. I think they'll finish as a 6 win team or something like that. Their sights are obviously set towards building for the future, building around Wilson etc. 

They have some decent players, and some good young talent in there. I thought we did a good job on their defence in the first half. 

They had old man Flacco at QB, a fact which brings fear to absolutely nobody anymore. But can't argue holding them to 0 TDs is good in any case.

I'd expect any of the contenders to go there and win, but I'm aware you still have to go there and do so. We did the job as required. Happy for it, but I want the team to improve on today.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 09:26 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Lol, I think you're focusing too much on one word here. It's a colloquial phrase suggesting I don't think they're a good team. I think they'll finish as a 6 win team or something like that. Their sights are obviously set towards building for the future, building around Wilson etc. 

They have some decent players, and some good young talent in there. I thought we did a good job on their defence in the first half. 

They had old man Flacco at QB, a fact which brings fear to absolutely nobody anymore. But can't argue holding them to 0 TDs is good in any case.

I'd expect any of the contenders to go there and win, but I'm aware you still have to go there and do so. We did the job as required. Happy for it, but I want the team to improve on today.

Flacco threw for 307 yards & 4 TD’s against the Browns last week.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 09:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Flacco threw for 307 yards & 4 TD’s against the Browns last week.

Yes, but I don't think most people are expecting that to be his norm... Picking one game's worth for a stat isn't really that relevant, even as much as this forum loves to bang on about Mike White.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 09:43 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Yes, but I don't think most people are expecting that to be his norm... Picking one game's worth for a stat isn't really that relevant, even as much as this forum loves to bang on about Mike White.

It just happened last week against a pretty good team. It’s absolutely relevant.

Reply/Quote
They absolutely need to be better. That is okay though, they got the dub pretty easily and have a lot to work on.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 09:11 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Your right. The only thing I really didn't like the first two games was I didn't see us helping out the tackles with having blockers chip the edge guy. I honestly think that might've been enough to turn those loses to wins.

The Jets don't play cover 2. I had a thread about that. The bad coaches don't adjust to the opponent.

Against the Steelers and Cowboys, the open stuff was underneath.

The Jets blitzed us which let our receivers have favorable matches.

I'd say if we threw underneath...we'd have won.

Turnovers killed us versus Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 09:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It just happened last week against a pretty good team. It’s absolutely relevant.

Not necessarily. It's relevant in the sense of 'this guy was pretty good last week, gotta make sure he's not good against us'. I doubt he gave Lou nightmares all week just because he was good against the Browns. If you're expecting Flacco to be great every week it's relevant, but I don't think anyone expected we'd see Flacco roll through the weeks with 300+ yards and 4 TDs regularly.

He was good last week, in part those stats are so good as the Browns completely melted down with 2 minutes to go. Is he a top 20 QB anymore? Top 25?

Missing the part where I said that we did a good job on him in any case. 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 05:32 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: I'm convinced Zac should not be calling the plays. The 4th and 1 and a sweep right when half the Jets were there. As has been said 1000 times take the 3 and make it a 30-12 game. Or, a Q sneak on 4th and 1, better chance. Evan isn't automatic but what a 20yd FG there? Like those odds there.

At least he did a good job of running the clock with Perine at the end there. Perine always seems to get an extra yard or so going forward.

Not only was it a poor play call (and they execute it like it is at practice speed), but why the F don't you kick an easy FG to go up 21 points there?  Situational football, again.  

Defense played great, without being dirty (f'n diving at Burrow's knees and hitting Tee head on was blatant) and offense looked much better as they didn't try to force it to anyone.  Would like to see more easy passes to the backs (CHRIS EVANS) and Hurst early in the game to negate an energized defensive front, but overall pretty solid.  
Reply/Quote
Thursday night I'll finally be able to watch a game all the way through because of Prime.

Hopefully, the first two games were like an extended preseason. For the Jets, it worried me that Uzi might have enough intel for them to run a good game, but that didn't happen. I'm just really glad to see a win because I was afraid they all thought it was 2019 all over again. Remember, last year there were also some bad early losses (Bears anyone?).
Reply/Quote
Exactly the performance we needed. Big step in right direction. Not perfect but no game is perfect.

A performance to build on.

A comfortable win when the run game wasn’t firing and your best receiver didn’t play great means when those 2 things improve then we will be even better.
Reply/Quote
I was at the game yesterday and this team has a ways to go. Too much of a work in progress for the fourth game. I would say at least 10 teams look better. Joe’s appendectomy and missed time, the OL’s lack of continuity with lots of things contributing, and just team rustiness. Hopefully they can escape the next 2 games which will be tough
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Agreed, still alot of work to do but they did what I was hoping to see and that is score early on a drive, mixing up some plays with different looks. They got an early lead and kept it. They led the entire game. And the 4th quarter late and how they ate minutes off the clock running Perine when everyone knew they were going to. At that point they were in total control, very nice to see. Icing would have been Evan hitting the 3, don't know if it was the snap or he just flat hooked it.
Reply/Quote