Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beware The Ides Of March
I see now nothing will happen on resigning Bengals players until March. At the Senior Bowl these agents, scouts, owners, coaches besides looking at the Senior Bowl players will all have lists of Free Agents and discuss possible moves. These agents are not allowed to get into tampering, but they can come real close. From what I read, March 1st the Bengals can declare a Franchise Tag player, and they well better tag one the first day. March 9th the old season ends and new season begins and Free agency starts plus many other things. It is at this point Bengals better move fast if they are to keep any of these players, Kirkpatrick, Whitworth, Zeitler, Peko, Burkhead, LaFell and many others.

So I thought Bengals could be getting these players re-signed now. From what I read on internet, they now must wait until March. March Madness often means basketball, but it now also means having to wait until March to see if we lose so many players that should have been signed going in 2016 season. The madness of all the players we lost last March and the players we could lose this March. I call that also March Madness. Having just lost Hall, Nelson, Jones, Sanu, Andre Smith we can not afford another loss of top players in back to back years and expect to be as deep as were were as a play-off season team 5 straight years. It could indeed be the window on that team closing shut and Bengals very much in rebuilding mode which may take years.

So, I now see it is pointless to talk free agency and resigning until March. Who we do not resign will have great impact on who we have to draft. So let Bengals go to Senior Bowl and chat up Free agency. I see us losing key players. I don't see us bringing in other teams key players. I see us losing more than we get in Free agency. Do we get to keep any of these unsigned Bengals. We will find out in March Madness if we have veterans to be competitive in 2017 or not...This team can NOT lose three offensive line starters in 12 months time and expect to be able to block and be competitive. Only one Franchise Tag. Use it well Bengals, use it well.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
id be surprised if whit isn't back. Zeitler is a question mark. Smith needed to go. It was past time to find a replacement for him.
so, at most, I'm seeing us being down one starter oline (either whit or zeitler).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote