Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Biden Asks For A Dead Congresswoman!
(09-29-2022, 01:54 AM)Housh Wrote: Biden is an idiot.

As a guy with no political affiliation becsus both parties are pure ass, i have to say that Trump was better. At least he still had his mind

Do you mean like when Trump called Apple CEO Tim Cook...Tim Apple?  or when he said he endorsed JD Mandel for Ohio Senate when he endorsed JD Vance, not Josh Mandel?

If you are going to use misspeaks as "proof" somebody has lost their mind, Trump has plenty to choose from.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 11:09 AM)pally Wrote: Do you mean like when Trump called Apple CEO Tim Cook...Tim Apple?  or when he said he endorsed JD Mandel for Ohio Senate when he endorsed JD Vance, not Josh Mandel?

If you are going to use misspeaks as "proof" somebody has lost their mind, Trump has plenty to choose from.

When Biden botches stuff It's attributed to his mental decline. When Trump botches stuff it's attributed to his inability to think about anyone but himself.  Trump will remember ever way someone kissed his ass before he bothers to learn the guys name. 

At any rate we can complain about old politicians but most of us would vote for a 99 year old politician in our side over a 40 year old on the other side.   

Trump Will be 78 in 2024 and how many of the current GOP voters who think a 78-82 year old is too old to be president would vote for a 56 year old Gavin Newsome over him? They'll vote for Trump because he'll "have the best minds around him." and that's what I heard people say about dumbass W Bush, or inexperienced Obama, or selfish Trump, so now we can apply to demented Biden and in 2024 we can apply it to demented and selfish and openly courting Qanon Trump.

They'll have the best minds around them, damn it...they always have. Hell, didn't Reagan spend cabinet meetings in his 2nd term sleeping while others did the work? Just prop him up in front of a camera to dispense some zingers and let's move on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 07:24 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Rolleyes

He said they should "peacefully and patriotically" make their voices heard, but that's trying to prevent a peaceful transfer of power?

Again, how do you figure?

Not to get off on a tangent that I'm sure we've been off on before, but if you maintain that Trump's message was one of peace and non-violence doesn't that put the blame for the insurrection upon his supporters?  You have a group of people who are dumb and/or violent enough to take an order to be peaceful and turn it into a violent insurrection...that really places the blame on Trump's supporters and their violent nature, doesn't it?

And Trump keeps teasing that he will pardon these people and they were unfairly prosecuted and treated.  It just doesn't add up since someone should be at fault for this debacle. 
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 11:36 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Not to get off on a tangent that I'm sure we've been off on before, but if you maintain that Trump's message was one of peace and non-violence doesn't that put the blame for the insurrection upon his supporters?  You have a group of people who are dumb and/or violent enough to take an order to be peaceful and turn it into a violent insurrection...that really places the blame on Trump's supporters and their violent nature, doesn't it?

And Trump keeps teasing that he will pardon these people and they were unfairly prosecuted and treated.  It just doesn't add up since someone should be at fault for this debacle. 

Oh you sweet, sweet summer child. 
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 11:38 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Oh you sweet, sweet summer child. 

Just cut the PC crap and call me a dumbass like I deserve.  Maybe I should just delete that post...we've been down this path before.

We can get back to the politicians we elected being so old  and senile that we shouldn't be allowed to elect them.  HOnestly, Biden has been such a walking gafee his entire political career that I'm surprised he doesn't do stuff like this more often.  But I am looking forward to seeing what policies Trump rolls out for 2024 since he made a bold statement at a recent rally that we need to keep our country gay.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 11:39 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Just cut the PC crap and call me a dumbass like I deserve.  Maybe I should just delete that post...we've been down this path before.

I'm trying a thing where I'm more supportive of people. This includes when they decide to get into an argument of logic against the illogical.

Edit: I got really strong Letterkenny vibes from your post btw. Reminded me of the Ma Hutchens discussion.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 11:41 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I'm trying a thing where I'm more supportive of people. This includes when they decide to get into an argument of logic against the illogical.

Edit: I got really strong Letterkenny vibes from your post btw. Reminded me of the Ma Hutchens discussion.

I have no idea what you're talking about, perhaps it's time I cancelled my own presidential bid.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 11:36 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Not to get off on a tangent that I'm sure we've been off on before, but if you maintain that Trump's message was one of peace and non-violence doesn't that put the blame for the insurrection upon his supporters?  You have a group of people who are dumb and/or violent enough to take an order to be peaceful and turn it into a violent insurrection...that really places the blame on Trump's supporters and their violent nature, doesn't it?

The people that marched more than likely just followed the first idiot into the Capitol because the security guards were opening gates and letting them in, which is obvious by the fact that they weren't violent and didn't do anything once in the building because they had no plans of violence or overthrowing anything.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 01:34 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The people that marched more than likely just followed the first idiot into the Capitol because the security guards were opening gates and letting them in, which is obvious by the fact that they weren't violent and didn't do anything once in the building because they had no plans of violence or overthrowing anything.

I find it hard to believe that Trump supporters would blindly follow an idiot.
Reply/Quote
Windmills cause cancer.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 01:34 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The people that marched more than likely just followed the first idiot into the Capitol because the security guards were opening gates and letting them in, which is obvious by the fact that they weren't violent and didn't do anything once in the building because they had no plans of violence or overthrowing anything.

So all those videos of them looting and defacing government property are them doing nothing?

And the assaulted police officers might disagree on the 'weren't violent' claim.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 02:40 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Windmills cause cancer.

I think the weirdest thing Trump ever said with 100% confidence as if it were not only true, but an issue of utmost importance was that people were flushing their toilets 10 or 15 times.  Did he crap in a urinal and get confused, or something? 
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 03:10 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: So all those videos of them looting and defacing government property are them doing nothing?

And the assaulted police officers might disagree on the 'weren't violent' claim.

Sounds like prime candidates for the current VP to throw money into a bailout fund to me!
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 01:54 AM)Housh Wrote: Biden is an idiot.

As a guy with no political affiliation becsus both parties are pure ass, i have to say that Trump was better. At least he still had his mind

[Image: cant-tell-if-czihx1.jpg]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Biden walks into a bar.

Bartender: Well hello sir, what’ll you have?

Biden: I’ll have a dead congresswoman.

Is that how this went down?

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 07:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Biden walks into a bar.

I sure hope so. 
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 07:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Biden walks into a bar.

Hopefully not followed with sex on the beach...  Nervous
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 04:32 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Sounds like prime candidates for the current VP to throw money into a bailout fund to me!

Didn't the last guy say he'd pardon them?

Wonder why he'd offer that if they weren't breaking any laws.
Reply/Quote

They don't really cover Trump's Jan 6 actions very well on Fox or Newsmax.

But there is way more to the insurrection than just Trump's speech.

For example there are WH efforts to coordinate with seven state RNCs to
create fake elector lists to provide to Mike Pence as he is ritually counting
ballots on Jan. 6.  Despite the public pressure from Trump to declare a
miscount and demand an investigation, in hopes of eventually throwing the
national election to the House, Pence refused and did his duty. But dozens of 
other Republicans were ready to accept the fake lists and invalidate the
election. And had been prepping for this during the week before Jan. 6

The Trump rally was timed to pressure Pence, the guy the mob wanted to hang.
And not all the rioters were at the rally. The Proud Boys were already positioned before
the Capitol building to instigate and lead the mob coming for Pence and Pelosi.
Other rioters possession of zip ties and use of military tactics doesn't suggest 
"no plans for doing anything." 

Trump, the only person who could have recalled the mob, watched the Capitol 
destruction on tv for 2 1/2 hours, as policemen were injured and a rioter died.
He saw (as you apparently did not) protestors storming over barricades with
bear spray and clubs, kicking and beating police on the ground--BEFORE they
broke into the Capitol. During that time T. received calls from Kevin McCarthy
and Sean Hannity and Laura Ingrahm begging him to call it off and save his
reputation. But the Commander-in-Chief refused. Stayed glued to the set as
dozens around him wrung their hands and shook their heads.
Reply/Quote

There was an insurrection?  I remember a 3-4 hour minor riot.  CNN reports it was "mostly peaceful".
Reply/Quote