Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biden On Transgender In His Town Hall...........
He just said "a young man that became a woman."

I thought transgender people were born the sex that they identify as?

Wouldn't he know that if he were pro-lgbt??
Reply/Quote
Meh, I put this with ACB saying sexual preference.

But I'm sure the LBGT community and their supporters will condemn it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Obsessed.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 10:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He just said "a young man that became a woman."

I thought transgender people were born the sex that they identify as?

Wouldn't he know that if he were pro-lgbt??

Brad, I think this is a good question.

Sex is biological. Gender is a social construct, so you identify with a gender that is not associated with your sex. That said, there is a biological basis to being trans, but it has to do with brain chemistry/structure rather than your genitals. 

Biden's phrasing is not the "PC" way of saying it (you'd say "transition'), but I don't think anyone doubts his credentials as an ally, especially after his comments about trans women of color being murdered, something many people do not comment on. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I was surprised that Biden was coherent and intelligent tonight.

Granted that I only watched the last hour or so, but is he taking Adderall or something?

It was a complete 180 from what I've seen.

The third debate just got interesting.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 10:53 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Brad, I think this is a good question.

Sex is biological. Gender is a social construct, so you identify with a gender that is not associated with your sex. That said, there is a biological basis to being trans, but it has to do with brain chemistry/structure rather than your genitals. 

Biden's phrasing is not the "PC" way of saying it (you'd say "transition'), but I don't think anyone doubts his credentials as an ally, especially after his comments about trans women of color being murdered, something many people do not comment on. 

If Trump had said that, it would be all over the news and internet and there would be an uproar.  See the hypocrisy?  

I was impressed with his knowledge (even if he did understate it because he admitted that he thought it was higher) of the number of trans women that have been murdered.  

I think Biden won back a lot of voters tonight.

I'm not sure that I believe the polls that say he's ahead of Trump, but I think tonight will do A LOT for him.  For the first time, I'd be worried if I were Trump.

Like I said, the debate next Thursday just got A LOT more interesting.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 11:20 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If Trump had said that, it would be all over the news and internet and there would be an uproar.  See the hypocrisy?  

I was impressed with his knowledge (even if he did understate it because he admitted that he thought it was higher) of the number of trans women that have been murdered.  

I'm not sure that I believe the polls that say he's ahead of Trump, but I think tonight will do A LOT for him.  For the first time, I'd be worried if I were Trump.

Probably, but intent matters too, which impacts whether or not it is hypocritical. The Trump administration has been quite combative against the trans community. If he said it dismissively then I could see the outrage given his actions.

Agreed on the stakes on the final debate.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 10:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I was surprised that Biden was coherent and intelligent tonight.

Granted that I only watched the last hour or so, but is he taking Adderall or something?

It was a complete 180 from what I've seen.

The third debate just got interesting.

Sweet baby Jesus. Adderall doesn’t help people with dementia.

Ask yourself, “Does windmill noise cause cancer?”

If your answer is “no” then you should stop believing Trump’s lies.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 11:20 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If Trump had said that, it would be all over the news and internet and there would be an uproar.  See the hypocrisy?  

Well, the difference isn't always in what is said, but in what is done.

Biden was part of the administration that expanded transgender protections; Trump tried to repeal those. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-rule-transgender-health-blocked-11th-hour-n1237044

If Biden flubs up and says something offensive (which, these days everyone is going to get offended), but works to provide protections and access that's different than Trump flubbing up but trying to repeal protections and access.

Actions speak louder than words. And Trumps actions have said he's not big on providing access to some groups at the same level as others.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 02:16 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Sweet baby Jesus. Adderall doesn’t help people with dementia.

Ask yourself, “Does windmill noise cause cancer?”

If your answer is “no” then you should stop believing Trump’s lies.

It helps you focus, which Biden obviously has had issues with.

Dementia isn't his only problem because he also has trouble putting together a string of coherent thoughts before the town hall.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 02:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It helps you focus, which Biden obviously has had issues with.

Dementia isn't his only problem because he also has trouble putting together a string of coherent thoughts before the town hall.

Maybe Trump should be taking Adderall then.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 02:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It helps you focus, which Biden obviously has had issues with.

Adderall can overload the brain with dopamine causing the opposite effect in people who don’t have ADHD.

Let me see if I can summarize your position:

1) Biden can’t string coherent words together means he has dementia.

2) Biden strings words together so well he must be on Adderall.

3) The Adderall which is working so well that Biden seems like he is taking a PED isn’t working because Biden can’t string words together so he’s gotta have some medical condition in addition to the dementia.
Reply/Quote
[Image: Donald-Trump-reading-glasses-YouTube-screen-grab.jpg]

OMG!!!

Trump has to wear glasses to read.

That is cheating.

How can you vote for a blind man to be president, Brad?  He has to wear glasses in order to even read.
Reply/Quote

No.

"Won back"???  The polls jumped in his favor after the first debate--the one where Trump separated him from his "radical base."

Trump doesn't trust the polls unless they are in his favor. Why should you?
Reply/Quote