Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Biden Separating Migrant Children
(02-08-2021, 06:39 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Are you serious?!  

That's LITERALLY every one of your posts in this thread has been doing!

The irony is hilarious! 

Believe me it is.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
I'm not even sure why anyone entertains these threads. Not like OP is going to acknowledge the flaws in his arguments no matter how many times you guys point them out.
Reply/Quote
At least when we complained about trump it was for actual real things. Not made up bullshit. Dude was and is a lying fraudster conman.

Now the hardcore Trump fans are getting back to what they do best. Whining crying and complaining about the scary liberals.

Keep em coming. One of these days we may get a legit concern. Until then. Keep pretending you are a faux news “reporter” dishing “facts”.

On another note. I hear Biden’s broken foot is healed already. Starting to think he has a Wolverine-like mutant healing factor.
Reply/Quote
Biden probably personally sniffs every deviant border junping kid before locking them up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Brad, really?
[Image: Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 06:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Shouldn't all minors be treated the same?  

No.

Trumps policy was zero tolerance, and that's what was enforced. It included infants. There's a world of difference between taking a baby away from its caregiver and a 13-17 year old who walked around a collapsed wall.

Also, last I'd heard (and this hay have changed), there were still more than 500 kids they had no idea where they belonged, many because they're too young to give any identifying info (ask a 2-3 year old what it's mom's name is, the kid is probably going to say "mom"). Some of those have been detained for a couple years now.

Trump's policy was just really poorly thought out. Biden's policy isn't the same.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 06:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Why would anyone re-enter the country to show up for an immigration hearing (wouldn't that be counter productive?) or what would prevent them from just blowing the whole thing off if they were released in this country?

In real life, you're correct that not everyone is detained until their court appearance, but, like I asked above, what's the alternative?

In that case they're released into the country. Some blew it off, but that's also why the Obama administration focused on deportations. Many did go to their hearings because they were either seeking asylum and/or wanted to be legal residents. 

The alternative is what they were doing before. 

Quote:If the vast majority were unaccompanied minors, then why's it so bad that some were separated from their families?  Shouldn't all minors be treated the same?  What's to prevent people from pretending their related just so they stay together?  Wouldn't that be beneficial to traffickers?  

All of these questions were addressed in my post. Unaccompanied minors have no relatives with them, so you can only place them in a facility without family. They also tended to be older. The zero tolerance policy took kids as young as infants away from parents without a plan for reuniting them. Sometimes in different states. Being ripped from families has a huge emotional and mental impact on people. You treat unaccompanied minors and minors with family differently because of the fact that one group has family and the other doesn't. The Obama administration's policy was to look for trafficking and remove children from those situations, rather than removing children from all adults. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 09:24 PM)Benton Wrote: No.

Trumps policy was zero tolerance, and that's what was enforced. It included infants. There's a world of difference between taking a baby away from its caregiver and a 13-17 year old who walked around a collapsed wall.

Also, last I'd heard (and this hay have changed), there were still more than 500 kids they had no idea where they belonged, many because they're too young to give any identifying info (ask a 2-3 year old what it's mom's name is, the kid is probably going to say "mom"). Some of those have been detained for a couple years now.

Trump's policy was just really poorly thought out. Biden's policy isn't the same.

I seem to remember the shithead sayin' "Good" when that was brought up during the final debate.... About the hundreds of children that'll probably never be reunited with their family. It's easy to see why so many evangelicals got behind that "man".
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 10:34 PM)jason Wrote: I seem to remember the shithead sayin' "Good" when that was brought up during the final debate.... About  the hundreds of children that'll probably never be reunited with their family. It's easy to see why so many evangelicals got behind that "man".

He's like if Jesus and Lincoln both got into one of those teleporer pods from The Fly and combined into one perfect person. 
Reply/Quote
Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 10:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He's like if Jesus and Lincoln both got into one of those teleporer pods from The Fly and combined into one perfect person. 

Didn't he turn I to a hideous monster?

Jeff goldblum I mean. Felt like I should clarify. Trump locked up the monster thing years ago.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2021, 01:53 AM)Benton Wrote: Didn't he turn I to a hideous monster?

Jeff goldblum I mean. Felt like I should clarify. Trump locked up the monster thing years ago.

The resemblance is uncanny though.
[Image: the-fly-movie-1000x600.jpg]
Reply/Quote