Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Biden losing Muslim voters
(12-07-2023, 12:04 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Here's a link to the Bureau of Labor statistics.  You can see the numbers for yourself, and that inflation has been below 4% since May 2023.  3-4% inflation is normal this is measured by the CPI (Consumer Price Index.) So the Biden administration has brought this number down from what he inherited from Trump.  So if you want to blame Biden for the 20% inflation that we experienced when he first took office, then please explain to all of us how Trump didn't create the perfect storm for hyperinflation.  Trump was responsible for all these things:

• Increased national debt by $ 8 trillion before COVID. Trump ran up our debt more than all the past administrations put together. 
  • Trump refused to balance our budget;
  • How about allowing Billionaires to not have to pay taxes and sticking the middle class with the bill?  
  • During COVID, printing Trillions back by nothing to protect the investor class.  
  • Engaging in corporate welfare by allowing corporations to escape tax liabilities and sticking the middle class with the bill
  • Manipulating the Federal Reserve and not allowing them to raise interest rates to tame down inflation.
https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/cpi.pdf

So for all of you who want to blame Biden, please explain how Trump isn't responsible for all the above-listed practices that didn't create an environment that was ripe for hyperinflation. Inflation isn't created overnight, and it sure isn't tamed overnight. Unfortunately, voter's memories are short and the "Buck stops" with the current admin and they'll usually take the blame for what's going on with the here and now. Unfair,  Yes, but is it realistic? No, but that's the way it is.

Please take the time to study the link with the economic data provided by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Also, what is the source of your survey polling numbers?

Trump has been out of office for 3 years, Congress continually worked and plotted against him the entire time he was in office, yet you still want to use him as a crutch for the current administrations shortcomings?

How about explaining why 78% of American voters view the economy negatively or why only 29% approve of Biden's handling of inflation without using 'something something Trump, something something' as a canned response?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Food prices are up 25 percent. Baby food is 30 percent. Still waiting for the transitory effect. Whose term was that again?
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 12:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Trump has been out of office for 3 years, Congress continually worked and plotted against him the entire time he was in office, yet you still want to use him as a crutch for the current administrations shortcomings?

How about explaining why 78% of American voters view the economy negatively or why only 29% approve of Biden's handling of inflation without using 'something something Trump, something something' as a canned response?
No canned response here only facts.  It appears you don't like the facts, but that doesn't mean they change.

What is the source of your survey?  Is it Fox News the network of admitted liars that had to pay $ 787.5 Billion for spreading disinformation to their viewers?

I did explain it.
  • Biden allowed the Federal Reserve to do its job by slowly raising interest rates to tame down inflation;
  • The Fed has to raise interst rates at a slow pace otherwise it'll create a recession, and guess what?  We didn't go into a recession;
  • I provided the links to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics so you could see the economic data for yourself;
  • It'll usually take around 3 yrs for the current admin policies to start taking effect, and now we're seeing Biden has the middle class back on its feet;
  • According to the economic data, Biden does have the economy humming along as the S&P 500 is currently up over 20% YTD so ppl are seeing their way up.
  • Gasoline is $2.39, since you wanted to blame Biden in 2021 when it was a lack of supply issue.
It appears you'd rather have some network who are admitted liars to tell you what to think rather than to do your own research and make an educated assessment.   I'll post the BLS link again for you so you can do your research before regurgitating the falsehoods from a network of admitted liars.  https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/cpi.pdf
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 12:34 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Food prices are up 25 percent.  Baby food is 30 percent.  Still waiting for the transitory effect.  Whose term was that again?

That's more BS from Fox. Just like they were saying before Thanksgiving a turkey cost $90.

As illustrated on Table A, 3rd page down on the Nov 2023 CPI numbers

Food is at 3.3%
Grocery is at 2.1%
Take out Food is 5.1%

Do your research and stop being told what to think by a network of admitted liars.
Your 401k should be up by over 20% YTD, and gas is $2.39 in Eastgate.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 12:47 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: No canned response here only facts.  It appears you don't like the facts, but that doesn't mean they change.

What is the source of your survey?  Is it Fox News the network of admitted liars that had to pay $ 787.5 Billion for spreading disinformation to their viewers?

I did explain it.
  • Biden allowed the Federal Reserve to do its job by slowly raising interest rates to tame down inflation;
  • The Fed has to raise interst rates at a slow pace otherwise it'll create a recession, and guess what?  We didn't go into a recession;
  • I provided the links to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics so you could see the economic data for yourself;
  • It'll usually take around 3 yrs for the current admin policies to start taking effect, and now we're seeing Biden has the middle class back on its feet;
  • According to the economic data, Biden does have the economy humming along as the S&P 500 is currently up over 20% YTD so ppl are seeing their way up.
  • Gasoline is $2.39, since you wanted to blame Biden in 2021 when it was a lack of supply issue.
It appears you'd rather have some network who are admitted liars to tell you what to think rather than to do your own research and make an educated assessment.   I'll post the BLS link again for you so you can do your research before regurgitating the falsehoods from a network of admitted liars.  https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/cpi.pdf

While the POTUS can fire the FED chair, he cannot stop the FED from raising interest rates.
Not in the part of Ohio that I live, we first saw $2.99 yesterday, and the fuel prices typically decrease, along with the rate of travel in Winter. Not like the POTUS can do much to influence a seasonal decrease in demand.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 01:00 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: That's more BS from Fox. Just like they were saying before Thanksgiving a turkey cost $90.

As illustrated on Table A, 3rd page down on the Nov 2023 CPI numbers

Food is at 3.3%
Grocery is at 2.1%
Take out Food is 5.1%

Do your research and stop being told what to think by a network of admitted liars.
Your 401k should be up by over 20% YTD, and gas is $2.39 in Eastgate.

My numbers are from Target since the beginning of the pandemic.  Inflation has eased but it has never corrected back and likely not to.  

And...I get my economic/investing and financial info from CNBC, not Fox. 
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 12:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Trump has been out of office for 3 years, Congress continually worked and plotted against him the entire time he was in office, yet you still want to use him as a crutch for the current administrations shortcomings?

Things are noticeably more expensive in people's day to day lives.  I stopped by the grocery store for a handful of extra items, mostly sides like rice, etc.  No proteins at all.  The bill was around $100.  I cannot imagine how bad things are for families who were paycheck to paycheck three years ago.  This is why all the, "the economy is great" messaging falls flat, and will continue to do so.  We're not yet at the point that the government can demand we ignore the evidence of our daily experience and own two eyes.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 01:13 PM)Goalpost Wrote: My numbers are from Target since the beginning of the pandemic.  Inflation has eased but it has never corrected back and likely not to.  

And...I get my economic/investing and financial info from CNBC, not Fox. 

Then why would you say food is up over 25% when the BLS data shows only take-out food is the highest at 5.1%?  CNBC didn't say that, I watch that network for investment news and they're reporting accurate CPI index numbers and touting the stock market index gains.

Also, I've found Target is a rip off and always has been the most expensive of any major grocery chain.  Go to Kroger, SAMS, COSTCO, or even Walmart. 
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 01:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: While the POTUS can fire the FED chair, he cannot stop the FED from raising interest rates.
Not in the part of Ohio that I live, we first saw $2.99 yesterday, and the fuel prices typically decrease, along with the rate of travel in Winter. Not like the POTUS can do much to influence a seasonal decrease in demand.

And he can't personally stop companies from making record profits off higher profits while telling consumers it's all inflation.

Nonetheless you asked for examples of "what he did" and have only responded to this one, narrow, topic that you readily admit Biden can't control himself.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 01:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: While the POTUS can fire the FED chair, he cannot stop the FED from raising interest rates.

You're in Jackson, Ohio? I call BS on that or you must be buying from John Clark oil.  I paid $2.34 in Portsmouth, Ohio this weekend on US 23 going south off US 32.  Then I noticed in Athens it was $2.79.

As far as firing the fed chair, that is exactly what Trump kept threatening to do if Jerome Powell dared to raise interest rates.  So that leads to the overheating of our economy thus creating an environment of hyperinflation.   Here's an article from the Wall Street Journal explaining just that.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-steps-up-attacks-on-fed-chairman-jerome-powell-1540338090
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 01:19 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Then why would you say food is up over 25% when the BLS data shows only take-out food is the highest at 5.1%?  CNBC didn't say that, I watch that network for investment news and they're reporting accurate CPI index numbers and touting the stock market index gains.

Yea, but you can't just quote this year's numbers without including what took place the last 3 years.  Inflation has eased but only on top of what now costs so much more.  
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 01:27 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: You're in Jackson, Ohio? I call BS on that or you must be buying from John Clark oil.  I paid $2.34 in Portsmouth, Ohio this weekend on US 23 going south off US 32.  Then I noticed in Athens it was $2.79.

As far as firing the fed chair, that is exactly what Trump kept threatening to do if Jerome Powell dared to raise interest rates.  So that leads to the overheating of our economy thus creating an environment of hyperinflation.   Here's an article from the Wall Street Journal explaining just that.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-steps-up-attacks-on-fed-chairman-jerome-powell-1540338090

Price at most stations in Jackson was $3.17 on Tuesday, $3.09 yesterday, and $2.99 today.  The only one that is regularly a few cents lower than the prevailing price around town is the gas at Walmart, which for some reason doesn't agree with my truck so well.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 01:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Price at most stations in Jackson was $3.17 on Tuesday, $3.09 yesterday, and $2.99 today.  The only one that is regularly a few cents lower than the prevailing price around town is the gas at Walmart, which for some reason doesn't agree with my truck so well.

More demands to deny the evidence of your own two eyes.  Hyper-partisanship really does illustrate how possible Ingsoc really is.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 01:32 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Yea, but you can't just quote this year's numbers without including what took place the last 3 years.  Inflation has eased but only on top of what now costs so much more.  

Listen Biden's Fed had to raise interest rates at a slow pace or otherwise it would cause a recession and that didn't happen.  It's something that has to be handled with extreme patience or things could get bad for all of us.  It usually takes 3 years for an admin's policies to take full effect. Do you think things change in our economy drastically overnight?

Biden stayed out of the Fed's way and let them do their jobs and allowed them to do what they thought was best, and it's working.  Inflation isn't created overnight nor is it solved overnight.

Wages are now outpacing inflation and the stock market indexes are starting to boom.  Here's another chart illustrating this.

https://www.bankrate.com/banking/federal-reserve/wage-to-inflation-index/
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 01:19 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Things are noticeably more expensive in people's day to day lives.  I stopped by the grocery store for a handful of extra items, mostly sides like rice, etc.  No proteins at all.  The bill was around $100.  I cannot imagine how bad things are for families who were paycheck to paycheck three years ago.  This is why all the, "the economy is great" messaging falls flat, and will continue to do so.  We're not yet at the point that the government can demand we ignore the evidence of our daily experience and own two eyes.

How much rice did you buy?

I bought a pound earlier this week for like 75 cents.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 01:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Price at most stations in Jackson was $3.17 on Tuesday, $3.09 yesterday, and $2.99 today.  The only one that is regularly a few cents lower than the prevailing price around town is the gas at Walmart, which for some reason doesn't agree with my truck so well.
Drive a half hour to Portsmouth and you'll pay $2.34 at First Stop on US23.  Sounds like Jackson's gas station is engaging in price gouging. 

Here I found this for you.  Click on the county and it may be worth a trip to fill up your truck.  Jackson prices are a ripp off compaired to some of the surrounding areas like Portsmouth and Chillicothe.

https://www.gasbuddy.com/gasprices/ohio
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 01:50 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: How much rice did you buy?

I bought a pound earlier this week for like 75 cents.

The actual bag of plain rice (bismati) wasn't super expensive.  But I got some pre packaged rice/couscous (Near East) and well as pasta sides.  I don't have the entire list, but it wasn't a ton of things and, like I said, no proteins at all.  No spices either.  Point being, the final price was surprising.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 01:58 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Drive a half hour to Portsmouth and you'll pay $2.34 at First Stop on US23.  Sounds like Jackson's gas station is engaging in price gouging. 

Here I found this for you.  Click on the county and it may be worth a trip to fill up your truck.  Jackson prices are a ripp off compaired to some of the surrounding areas like Portsmouth and Chillicothe.

https://www.gasbuddy.com/gasprices/ohio

When I have a reason to travel outside the county, I do take advantage of lower prices before coming home.  However driving to any of those places for the purpose of purchasing gas only is rather disingenuous as the 'savings' at the pump is absorbed in time and fuel spent for the trip.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 02:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When I have a reason to travel outside the county, I do take advantage of lower prices before coming home.  However driving to any of those places for the purpose of purchasing gas only is rather disingenuous as the 'savings' at the pump is absorbed in time and fuel spent for the trip.

I'm meaning on your way down US 32 or Route 50 to the Bengals games, which you should be attending.  This is in Clermont Co just off 32 right before you hit I-275 South on your way to the stadium.
Regular

$2.59
MARATHON Batavia
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 02:04 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: I'm meaning on your way down US 32 or Route 50 to the Bengals games, which you should be attending. 

When I moved back to Ohio from NC, I had envisioned attending several games per season.  As it turns out, I find myself working 45-50/wk at my day job, and putting another 10-15/wk in at my hobby venture (Ohio Valley Strongman Club).

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote