Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Biden's Economic policies are a plus
(09-08-2023, 10:38 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: [*]

No. The amount we produce is only one factor… the main one is that it is not keeping up with the demand. We currently import 25% of our oil needs. The Keystone pipeline would have produced 830,000 barrels a day before moron castrated it. That is not an insignificant number considering we use 20 million a day. Not to mention, employed 11,000 people. When you add to that the fact that Biden paused new leases on federal land, added a lot of red tape for permits, spent so much time shit talking oil companies to the point where Saudi Arabia laughs their asses off when he begs them to produce more because he’s coming from a place of weakness… I mean, the dude has crippled us. If you don’t realize that, then sorry, I can’t help ya there. 

It is mind blowing how much the media protects this guy. Trump made a typo on a tweet and they were saying he had dementia… Biden shakes hands with a ghost, all’s quiet on the western front. Trump says a positive thing about Putin, he’s “colluding.” Biden lets a spy balloon fly over military bases, all’s quiet on the western front again. He’s an absolute embarrassment in not only how he conducts himself but also his policies. I truly don’t get it. 
[*]

Well, yes, I am aware that demand is also part of it. I work in O&G, as does Stewy. Stewy in particular is a geoscientist. I manage our commodity system. I'm in our weekly supply demand meetings. The U.S. has always imported oil, but right now we are importing less of it than we have in nearly 30 years. Again, we are producing oil at an all-time high right now. That's straight from the EIA data. Nothing what you are saying refutes my original point - Biden's policies are not significantly affecting oil prices right now. I am under no illusion that he is some friend of the industry, but these things take time - a lot of time. Oil projects are very slowly to come online. I think that if we see high prices in 5-10 years, we can look back at the Biden presidency and find things to point to. However, they aren't affecting it right now. Increased demand after COVID, global production cuts, refineries going offline due to technical issues, delays at the Panama Canal, Russia invading Ukraine. These are all major global events that are affecting hydrocarbon prices around the world.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 01:46 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: [*]

Dude, you’re 100% wrong. I don’t listen to “right wing media.” Typical lib logic, you don’t like the message so you bash a pretend source. Talk to someone, anyone in the energy field. His policies have crippled the US’s energy system. BS on the EPA… on day one of his presidency HE, not the EPA, shut down the Keystone XL pipeline, there goes 832,000 barrels a day of production, not to mention cutting 11,000 jobs. He has suspended all new leases on federal land. He spent his entire campaign bashing oil and oil companies, then went to beg Saudi to produce more from a point of weakness to where they laughed him out of the room. Oil made this country a juggernaught and the dude wants to destroy all that for clean energy while bending over for China who, along with India, contributes 50% of carbon emissions. People who defend Biden’s energy plan are what China and Russia would call “useful idiots” to their cause (taking down the US in the biggest area that made it what it is today). If what the environmentalists “want” to happen actually happens, China and India will continue to kick our asses until they blatantly take over, just like we did after WW2 (because of oil).

Let me know when the world becomes a paradise because of all these wonderful things the EPA and Biden are working for. 
[*]

Wrong again no matter what your tin foil hat right-wing wacko news outlets tell you.  It's apparent you're not reading the court orders and just parroting right-wing nonsensical garbage. Again, the media you love has been ordered to pay $Trillons for the lies they spew. FYI, Biden withdrew an executive order when he took office to allow the SCOTUS to adjudicate the lawsuit brought by the EPA.  The SCOTUS agreed with the EPA and shut it down!

"The U.S. Supreme Court ruled on July 6, 2020 that construction on the Keystone XL pipeline project cannot begin. The justices upheld a lower court ruling in April that denied a key permit for the long-delayed project."  US Supreme Court Order to shut down XL portion of Keystone Pipeline

As far as jobs, all the XL pipeline would have done is just benefit the oil companies costing hundreds of blue-collar jobs in trucking,  railroads,  hotels, etc. Nice try,  but I hear Kroger has a sale on tin foil to line your hats.   Also, did you read about the Keystone disaster that happened in Kansas?  What if that happened over the largest North American aquifer? 
Reply/Quote

The U.S. Still Leads In Global Petroleum Production & Consumption

[url=The U.S. Still Leads In Global Petroleum Production & Consumption]The U.S. Still Leads In Global Petroleum Production & Consumption[/url]

August 2023-  The US leads global oil production and consumption.  FORBES
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 01:56 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: [*]

Well, yes, I am aware that demand is also part of it. I work in O&G, as does Stewy. Stewy in particular is a geoscientist. I manage our commodity system. I'm in our weekly supply demand meetings. The U.S. has always imported oil, but right now we are importing less of it than we have in nearly 30 years. Again, we are producing oil at an all-time high right now. That's straight from the EIA data. Nothing what you are saying refutes my original point - Biden's policies are not significantly affecting oil prices right now. I am under no illusion that he is some friend of the industry, but these things take time - a lot of time. Oil projects are very slowly to come online. I think that if we see high prices in 5-10 years, we can look back at the Biden presidency and find things to point to. However, they aren't affecting it right now. Increased demand after COVID, global production cuts, refineries going offline due to technical issues, delays at the Panama Canal, Russia invading Ukraine. These are all major global events that are affecting hydrocarbon prices around the world.
[*]

Cool. If you’re in oil, you should know better, that he is making a negative difference on American energy, and it will get worse if he gets another term. My entire family is in oil. My brother, dad, closest friend, sister in law, and brother in law. My father is a former pipeline construction worker, turned consultant for oil companies. He’s also an award winning author who recently published a book about oil and the energy plan for the US, including about Russian interference with social media that motivated environmental protesters to protest something they had no idea about. Refers to them as “useful idiots” for the Russian anti-American agenda, or the democrats pandering to the EPA for votes, even though the Democrats know the energy plan is impractical. Biden either truly buys into Russian propaganda, or more likely, acts as if he does to get votes. It goes beyond the prices “right now.” The dude has it out for oil and his energy plan makes zero sense. He’s killed thousands of jobs, my brother and sister in law got laid off and had to move to a different state to take a different job, for less money. Both OU/Texas and Harvard MBA grads, so they’re not exactly idiots. And who knows how much more oil we’d be producing if he weren’t in office. Definitely at least the 900,000 or so from the Keystone XL pipeline, which he shut down on day one, in addition to suspending new leases on federal lands. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 02:23 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: [*]

Wrong again no matter what your tin foil hat right-wing wacko news outlets tell you.  It's apparent you're not reading the court orders and just parroting right-wing nonsensical garbage. Again, the media you love has been ordered to pay $Trillons for the lies they spew. FYI, Biden withdrew an executive order when he took office to allow the SCOTUS to adjudicate the lawsuit brought by the EPA.  The SCOTUS agreed with the EPA and shut it down!

"The U.S. Supreme Court ruled on July 6, 2020 that construction on the Keystone XL pipeline project cannot begin. The justices upheld a lower court ruling in April that denied a key permit for the long-delayed project."  US Supreme Court Order to shut down XL portion of Keystone Pipeline

As far as jobs, all the XL pipeline would have done is just benefit the oil companies costing hundreds of blue-collar jobs in trucking,  railroads,  hotels, etc. Nice try,  but I hear Kroger has a sale on tin foil to line your hats.   Also, did you read about the Keystone disaster that happened in Kansas?  What if that happened over the largest North American aquifer? 
[*]

I get info from as many sources as I can, along with my family, who is almost solely involved with oil. My dad published a book on it. Quit with the ad hominems and grow up dude. I don’t watch MSM, which is a typical lib repartee whenever someone insults their overlords’ incompetence. What you don’t realize is, TC energy was in the process of reapplying for a permit and appeal the SC’s decision. Considering the makeup of the SC, it’s highly likely they would’ve succeeded. They then decided to shut it down when Biden took office, because of Biden’s decision to revoke the residential permit. I don’t know where you’re getting your info, but it’s surface level at best. 

I highly recommend you do multi-variable research before you participate in conversations with adults. Quit with the ad hominems like tin foil hat and grow up dude. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:28 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: [*]

I get info from as many sources as I can, along with my family, who is almost solely involved with oil. My dad published a book on it. Quit with the ad hominems and grow up dude. I don’t watch MSM, which is a typical lib repartee whenever someone insults their overlords’ incompetence. What you don’t realize is, TC energy was in the process of reapplying for a permit and appeal the SC’s decision. Considering the makeup of the SC, it’s highly likely they would’ve succeeded. They then decided to shut it down when Biden took office, because of Biden’s decision to revoke the residential permit. I don’t know where you’re getting your info, but it’s surface level at best. 

I highly recommend you do multi-variable research before you participate in conversations with adults. Quit with the ad hominems like tin foil hat and grow up dude. 
[*]

The facts with this situation were that President Biden withdrew the executive order for the XL portion of the Keystone Pipeline, to which the SCOTUS shut it down in July 2020 b/c it violated EPA laws. So what you're attempting to do is point a finger at President Biden for shutting down the XL portion when the SCOTUS ruled against it 6-months later, so that's what we call a moot point.  At first, you were trying to say President Biden shut down the entire Keystone pipeline... So was that a flat-out lie or you just didn't do your research? You should get your facts straight and stop with the tin foil hat conspiracies with half-baked facts and moot points.

Here's an article that I doubt you took the time to read from the North American Energy Pipeline website or else you wouldn't be spewing your nonsense.

https://www.napipelines.com/supreme-court-rules-against-keystone-xl-pipeline/
Reply/Quote
WaPo columnist rips Biden’s ‘economic’ strategy: ‘Best bet isn’t insisting economy’ is better than it is
Biden 'should talk more about the country’s long-term trajectory than about comforting statistics from the last quarter,' Matt Bai wrote on Monday
Gabriel Hays By Gabriel Hays Fox News
Published September 12, 2023 7:00am EDT

https://www.foxnews.com/media/wapo-columnist-rips-bidens-economic-strategy-best-bet-isnt-insisting-economy-is-better-than-it-is

This from liberal WAPO on Biden's economy push as great by Biden and his team.

A Washington Post columnist shredded President Biden’s economic messaging strategy in a recent piece, claiming that the president can’t just rely on telling people the economy is "better than you think it is."

The Washington Post’s contributing columnist Matt Bai advised the White House on Monday to adopt a new strategy for securing voters skeptical about his economic policies instead of touting "Bidenomics."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 02:17 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: [*]

The facts with this situation were that President Biden withdrew the executive order for the XL portion of the Keystone Pipeline, to which the SCOTUS shut it down in July 2020 b/c it violated EPA laws. So what you're attempting to do is point a finger at President Biden for shutting down the XL portion when the SCOTUS ruled against it 6-months later, so that's what we call a moot point.  At first, you were trying to say President Biden shut down the entire Keystone pipeline... So was that a flat-out lie or you just didn't do your research? You should get your facts straight and stop with the tin foil hat conspiracies with half-baked facts and moot points.

Here's an article that I doubt you took the time to read from the North American Energy Pipeline website or else you wouldn't be spewing your nonsense.

https://www.napipelines.com/supreme-court-rules-against-keystone-xl-pipeline/
[*]

Hey genius, Biden took office in 2021, not 2020, which means he took office AFTER the SC ruling. TC Energy then decided not to appeal AFTER Biden took office. Now that you know what year Biden was sworn in, read my post again, reflect, and reconsider who you think is the one spewing nonsense here.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 03:45 PM)TLSUfaninTN Wrote: [*]

Hey genius, Biden took office in 2021, not 2020, which means he took office AFTER the SC ruling. TC Energy then decided not to appeal AFTER Biden took office. Now that you know what year Biden was sworn in, read my post again, reflect, and reconsider who you think is the one spewing nonsense here.
[*]

OH Okay, I was hoping you caught that to even further show how much tin foil hat half-baked nonsense you're spewing on here.  The point you're attempting to make is moot. You're attempting to make the case that President Biden was somehow responsible for shutting down the XL portion of the Keystone when the SCOTUS ruled it illegal in the first place.  The SCOTUS shut it down in 2020 due to it violating EPA laws so there wouldn't have been an appeal.  So that we now know you're paying attention, are you upset President Biden didn't thumb his nose at the SCOTUS and issue an executive order causing more litigation, or are you just learning the facts as you go?

Thank GOD Biden withdrew the executive order or what happened in Kansas could have happened over the largest aquifer in North America.
Reply/Quote