Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Biden's Economic policies are a plus
(08-09-2023, 12:13 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Don't care and yes.  Been full time employed for the entire 31 years of my adult life with the exception of 6 months.

Response from the  Dems:  TRUUUUUUUMP!!!!!!!!

This goes beyond Trump.  The response to "not enough money" has always been to work more and ***** less.  I guess recently statements about needing to not eat avocado toast or buy coffee at starbucks have been added in there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 12:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This goes beyond Trump.  The response to "not enough money" has always been to work more and ***** less.  I guess recently statements about needing to not eat avocado toast or buy coffee at starbucks have been added in there.

I never said I "don't have enough money".  I rarely eat out and I don't drink caffeine/coffee/expensive drinks.

What I said to people saying how great things are recovering is "I'll believe it when I get my 700-800 dollars a month back that disappeared due to insane energy/food costs".

All 100% avoidable without an insane, over the top, worldwide hysterical overreaction to Covid.  Wanting to kill fossil fuels doesn't help either.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 12:23 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I never said I "don't have enough money".  I rarely eat out and I don't drink caffeine/coffee/expensive drinks.

What I said to people saying how great things are recovering is "I'll believe it when I get my 700-800 dollars a month back that disappeared due to insane energy/food costs".

All 100% avoidable without an insane, over the top, worldwide hysterical overreaction to Covid.  Wanting to kill fossil fuels doesn't help either.

One thing Trump did say was the cure..shutting things down...was worse than the illness.  But we really had no choice at the time without a vaccine.  There was death happening.  
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 12:23 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I never said I "don't have enough money".  I rarely eat out and I don't drink caffeine/coffee/expensive drinks.

What I said to people saying how great things are recovering is "I'll believe it when I get my 700-800 dollars back a month that disappeared due to insane energy/food costs.

All 100% avoidable without an insane, over the top, worldwide hysterical overreaction to Covid.

Well now we're talking apples and oranges I think you are dismissing specific USA economic responses to a global issue.  It takes many steps to climb a ladder, but only one step to fall really far, or something.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 12:29 PM)Goalpost Wrote: One thing Trump did say was the cure..shutting things down...was worse than the illness.  But we really had no choice at the time without a vaccine.  There was death happening.  

Shut things down for a couple weeks, maybe a month I agree with.  Long term shutdowns were horrible for so many people for so many reasons.   

I simply don't believe there would have been much more death with or without the lockdowns.

We are still suffering because of it and the vax is questionable.  We didn't need it to not lock down and it has caused it's own set of issues for a multitude of people.

On this particular issue he was 10000000000000% correct.
Reply/Quote
https://nypost.com/2023/09/04/credit-card-and-car-loan-defaults-hit-10-year-high-as-inflation-squeezes-families/amp/

In my small sample size, I'm seeing massive layoffs across the board on white collar jobs and I bet that's where a lot of this is coming from.

There's a shit ton of blue collar jobs but the tech jobs especially are drying up fast. KPMG, Chase, BCG, AT&T, Capital One...just to name a few...cutting jobs left and right and it's becoming increasingly cutthroat to land positions in in tech/finance sectors right now. My Linkedin is littered with people posting about how they're in the market after maybe a decade or two of work.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4187102-biden-campaign-unveils-new-tv-ad-during-nfl-season-kickoff/#:~:text=President%20Biden%27s%20reelection%20campaign%20unveiled,Lions%20and%20Kansas%20City%20Chiefs.

Our hero Biden being our friend now during football games.
Reply/Quote
More policies that will negatively impact the economy courtesy of Joe Biden and liberals. Green energy over affordable food prices for the lower and middle class.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/trucker-warns-bidens-epa-regulations-catastrophic-american-food-supply

Trucker warns Biden's EPA regulations would be 'catastrophic' for the American food supply
Truckers argue EPA regulations will promote electric vehicles at the expense of the American consumer
By Kendall Tietz Fox News
Published September 7, 2023 6:00am EDT

The new emission standards put forth by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) "are significantly more stringent," "cover a wider range of heavy-duty engine operating conditions" compared to previous standards and are aimed at reducing emissions of nitrogen oxides and other pollutants. The rule officially went into effect on March 27 of this year, but will be implemented for new trucks sold after 2027.

Despite the positive spin by the current administration, truckers say the agency's standards will promote green energy at the expense of the economy and the country's food supply. More than 95% of the trucking companies that make up the industry are small businesses operating about ten or fewer trucks, JKC Trucking Vice-President and Co-Owner Mike Kucharski told Fox News Digital.

The EPA estimates the technology required to meet the new rule’s standards will cost between $2,568 and $8,304 per vehicle, but the American Truck Dealers Association (ATDA) estimates it is more likely a $42,000 increase per truck. In total, the ATDA projects the associated costs of this new regulation on the country could reach $55 billion over the lifetime of the program.

"A new clean diesel long haul tractor typically costs in the range of $180,000 to $200,000," Kucharski said. "A comparable battery electric tractor costs upwards of $480,000, that's about a $300,000 upcharge, [which] is cost prohibitive for the overwhelming majority of motor carriers."

"This mandate is based on brand-new technology, number one, and they're supporting green energy" above the economy, he added. "I support green energy, but it's extremely frustrating because it's this new mandate that they are forcing... truckers are nonstop overregulated."

Todd Spencer, president at the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association (OOIDA), told Fox News Digital that the EPA's regulations are part of their "regulatory blitz on small-business truckers."

"This newest announcement is a blatant attempt to force consumers into purchasing electric vehicles while a national charging infrastructure network remains absent for heavy-duty commercial trucks," he said. "Professional drivers are skeptical of electric vehicle costs, mileage range, battery weight and safety, charging time and availability."

"The EPA's always pushing more and more regulations on us, and it's harder to do our job now," Kucharski said. "We're kind of sick of it, the administration and EPA jamming it down the truckers' throats."

"These regulations are not practical," he said. "Number one, costs, two, infrastructure - we're not ready for the infrastructure. Three, the testing and data - they're just doing the testing on these trucks right now. I really haven't even driven an electric truck or seen one in person."

Kucharski said the driving range of electric trucks is nowhere close to gas and diesel powered vehicles and is simply "not practical" right now.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Look i love the idea of green energy, but the tech and infra structure is not there yet!
And mandating it isn't gonna help. They need to keep developing, then run a series of testing and then find out what they need to do to setup the infra structure to handle it. Then mandate it and help out the market by assisting those that convert via tax breaks or freaking help with the purchases of those new Trucks (in this case), make it a much smoother transition. By constantly failing, it's just costing everyone money when it doesn't have to.

And get those GD Lobbyists out of it that are supporting companies with half baked ideas and getting tons of money from the Gov only to belly up in no time after everyone gets their pie and then create another new company with the same half-baked idea.

I have no idea how to get them (Lobbyists) out of these things. Stricter guidelines might help (IE won't get money til you've had successful testing for your idea, even then people will lie about it).
Reply/Quote
Looks like low and middle class hate Biden's policy decisions.

Thursday, September 7
Race/Topic (Click to Sort) Poll Results Spread
General Election: Trump vs. Biden CNN Biden 46, Trump 47 Trump +1
General Election: DeSantis vs. Biden CNN Biden 47, DeSantis 47 Tie
General Election: Ramaswamy vs. Biden CNN Biden 46, Ramaswamy 45 Biden +1
General Election: Haley vs. Biden CNN Biden 43, Haley 49 Haley +6
General Election: Pence vs. Biden CNN Biden 44, Pence 46 Pence +2
General Election: Scott vs. Biden CNN Biden 44, Scott 46 Scott +2
General Election: Christie vs. Biden CNN Christie 44, Biden 42 Christie +2
President Biden Job Approval CNN Approve 39, Disapprove 61 Disapprove +22

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2023, 07:20 PM)pally Wrote: Now think really really hard and maybe you can come up with a reason that gas prices were so low when Biden took office.  

And while transportation costs have contributed to food cost increases....the climate and natural disaster impact on food crops over the last 3 years have been monumental. Presidents can do a lot...but much of what hit the agricultural economy is out of their or anyone's control.

If you’re attributing low gas prices to Covid, here’s a month by month breakdown of gas prices in 2019. 

[*]January: $1.39

[*]February: $1.53

[*]March: $1.79

[*]April: $1.97

[*]May: $1.88

[*]June: $1.72

[*]July: $1.82

[*]August: $1.63

[*]September: $1.67

[*]October: $1.66

[*]November: $1.66

[*]December: $1.67

Nothing to do with Covid. Biden raised oil prices by shutting down a major pipeline the first day he was in office. Oil is a major backbone of this economy. We’re shooting ourselves in the foot while Russia and China have no plans on “going green” because they know it’s unrealistic. They’re not idiots like we are. 

Also, has anyone broken the news to you yet that the US dollar will most likely not be the standard international currency for much longer? But sure, Biden is killing it. 
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 07:07 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: If you’re attributing low gas prices to Covid, here’s a month by month breakdown of gas prices in 2019. 

[*]January: $1.39

[*]February: $1.53

[*]March: $1.79

[*]April: $1.97

[*]May: $1.88

[*]June: $1.72

[*]July: $1.82

[*]August: $1.63

[*]September: $1.67

[*]October: $1.66

[*]November: $1.66

[*]December: $1.67

Nothing to do with Covid. Biden raised oil prices by shutting down a major pipeline the first day he was in office. Oil is a major backbone of this economy. We’re shooting ourselves in the foot while Russia and China have no plans on “going green” because they know it’s unrealistic. They’re not idiots like we are. 

Also, has anyone broken the news to you yet that the US dollar will most likely not be the standard international currency for much longer? But sure, Biden is killing it. 
[*]

This has been beaten to death, but no, that isn't the reason. The Keystone Pipeline was not operational and was not supplying oil to the market. The United States right now is on track to drill more oil in a calendar year than we ever have in our history. It is recognized that oil is the backbone of the economy, hence high production. Oil prices started raising due to a production cut in the middle of COVID. Once lockdowns were released, demand recovered more than anticipated and the supply wasn't there to manage the prices. Oil reached a low price in April of 2020 and steadily climbed from that point on before spiking hard in February and March of 2022 - the Russian invasion of Ukraine. 

Hydrocarbon markets are volatile and there are many, many factors that influence them. They are a global market. Biden cancelling the Keystone, and many other Biden policies, are not affecting current hydrocarbon prices in any significant way. Now, 5-10 years down the road, they might be, but they aren't right now. The U.S.A. is producing at an all-time high. 
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 07:47 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: [*]

This has been beaten to death, but no, that isn't the reason. The Keystone Pipeline was not operational and was not supplying oil to the market. The United States right now is on track to drill more oil in a calendar year than we ever have in our history. It is recognized that oil is the backbone of the economy, hence high production. Oil prices started raising due to a production cut in the middle of COVID. Once lockdowns were released, demand recovered more than anticipated and the supply wasn't there to manage the prices. Oil reached a low price in April of 2020 and steadily climbed from that point on before spiking hard in February and March of 2022 - the Russian invasion of Ukraine. 

Hydrocarbon markets are volatile and there are many, many factors that influence them. They are a global market. Biden cancelling the Keystone, and many other Biden policies, are not affecting current hydrocarbon prices in any significant way. Now, 5-10 years down the road, they might be, but they aren't right now. The U.S.A. is producing at an all-time high. 
[*]

No. The amount we produce is only one factor… the main one is that it is not keeping up with the demand. We currently import 25% of our oil needs. The Keystone pipeline would have produced 830,000 barrels a day before moron castrated it. That is not an insignificant number considering we use 20 million a day. Not to mention, employed 11,000 people. When you add to that the fact that Biden paused new leases on federal land, added a lot of red tape for permits, spent so much time shit talking oil companies to the point where Saudi Arabia laughs their asses off when he begs them to produce more because he’s coming from a place of weakness… I mean, the dude has crippled us. If you don’t realize that, then sorry, I can’t help ya there. 

It is mind blowing how much the media protects this guy. Trump made a typo on a tweet and they were saying he had dementia… Biden shakes hands with a ghost, all’s quiet on the western front. Trump says a positive thing about Putin, he’s “colluding.” Biden lets a spy balloon fly over military bases, all’s quiet on the western front again. He’s an absolute embarrassment in not only how he conducts himself but also his policies. I truly don’t get it. 
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 10:38 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: [*]

No. The amount we produce is only one factor… the main one is that it is not keeping up with the demand. We currently import 25% of our oil needs. The Keystone pipeline would have produced 830,000 barrels a day before moron castrated it. That is not an insignificant number considering we use 20 million a day. Not to mention, employed 11,000 people. When you add to that the fact that Biden paused new leases on federal land, added a lot of red tape for permits, spent so much time shit talking oil companies to the point where Saudi Arabia laughs their asses off when he begs them to produce more because he’s coming from a place of weakness… I mean, the dude has crippled us. If you don’t realize that, then sorry, I can’t help ya there. 

It is mind blowing how much the media protects this guy. Trump made a typo on a tweet and they were saying he had dementia… Biden shakes hands with a ghost, all’s quiet on the western front. Trump says a positive thing about Putin, he’s “colluding.” Biden lets a spy balloon fly over military bases, all’s quiet on the western front again. He’s an absolute embarrassment in not only how he conducts himself but also his policies. I truly don’t get it. 

Where did you get those gas prices. Prices in 2019 were never less than $2.00

I’m sure that Stewy can explain this far better than I can but different types of crude oil are produced in different parts of the world. For example they have different sulfer levels in it. These different grades of crude are often used to produce different products. Not all refineries handle all types of crude. US refineries rely a lot on crude with low sulfer content. Some of that needs to be imported. Additionally, getting the crude out of the ground is significantly cheaper in Saudi Arabia than say Alaska. Therefore profit margins are often better, even factoring shipping costs, to import oil to refine than it is to use domestically produced oil.

The whole petroleum industry is complicated. It is a worldwide commodity that is affected by worldwide events. The shutdown of a relatively minor pipeline that existed only on paper is not going to affect prices in the long term. And those mythical 11000 jobs they claim would be produced were temporary construction jobs. Permanent jobs would have been fewer than dozen

If we want energy independence, we have to lessen our reliance on petroleum and other fossil fuels
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 01:17 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Shut things down for a couple weeks, maybe a month I agree with.  Long term shutdowns were horrible for so many people for so many reasons.   

I simply don't believe there would have been much more death with or without the lockdowns.

We are still suffering because of it and the vax is questionable.  We didn't need it to not lock down and it has caused it's own set of issues for a multitude of people.

On this particular issue he was 10000000000000% correct.

It may make me an asshole, but I don’t really care if there were more deaths without. I don’t think people realized what long term damage we were doing to kids, and the economy, by shutting it down. The dems basically treated it like they treat puberty blockers… they think it just pauses things and it goes back to normal when you want it to. The “culture war” got more pronounced, people went nuts, kids are testing poorly, the economy was decimated… the Covid shutdowns may have been the country’s “stick a fork in us we’re done” type situation, we just haven’t seen the entire scope of it yet. 

Anecdote: I’m a recovering alcoholic, 3 of my friends from rehab relapsed and died during Covid after almost a year of sobriety. Social isolation and lack of work over the span of 8 months were too triggering for them. Me personally, I had to move out of L.A. and start a new life (I’m a musician) after having put the blood, sweat, and tears in to make a successful living for 11 years there. Music isn’t exactly a “transfer when you get a job” type business either. It really screwed me. It didn’t seem to matter to anyone, like, no one gave a shit. But hey, at least a few 80 year olds got to live a few extra years. 

Trump was right about it. It doesn’t take a genius to see that shutting down the country as if it were the black plague would have dire consequences. 
Reply/Quote
Anyone who says Biden's energy policies did not hurt the price of gas has an agenda. The reality is we can all debate it in this forum, but the polling tells us Americans (Republicans, Democrats and Independents) blame Biden for the almost 16% inflation since he took office.

He curbed it over the summer, until in August it went up again to almost 4% while wage growth went up .2%. To put it simply, wage growth is 4% behind inflation. That 4% is mostly felt in the low and middle class households.

This is the Biden economy (even named it) and no matter how hard the left tries to say the economy is good, it is not, it is very bad and the voters blame Biden and the Democratic party for putting climate over the economy. For putting illegal immigrants over US citizens. For putting criminals over the police. Making himself more important than our soldiers who died, our Maui citizens who died. For lying and saying he would erase student debt on his campaign when he knew he needed Congress to do it. Biden bought those who had student debt in 2020, how many did he lose when he failed to deliver?

Biden may have appeased the far left, but the issue is he is losing more the middle class and if polling is close to being correct 8 to 12% of the black vote. He has a short time to fix the issues. One issue he can't fix is he is not aging well. We need a high energy President ready to work 16 hours a day, not 2 hours a day or goes on vacation more in one year than most Americans take in 10 years.

But hey, keep beating the drum our economy is great as the lower and middle class shake their heads in disgust.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 10:38 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: [*]

[*]

Where do you get this disinformation?  The Keystone Pipeline has always been pumping oil sand from Alberta down and was never closed.  You're talking about the XL portion of the pipeline which the SCOTUS shut down b/c it violated EPA law b/c it was crossing over the largest aquifer in North America.  Posted below are two links with the correct information.

US Supreme Court deals major blow to XL Pipeline
[*]
https://www.courthousenews.com/high-court-keeps-block-on-keystone-pipeline-work/
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:15 AM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: [*]

Where do you get this disinformation?  The Keystone Pipeline has always been pumping oil sand from Alberta down and was never closed.  You're talking about the XL portion of the pipeline which the SCOTUS shut down b/c it violated EPA law b/c it was crossing over the largest aquifer in North America.  Posted below are two links with the correct information.

US Supreme Court deals major blow to XL Pipeline
[*]
https://www.courthousenews.com/high-court-keeps-block-on-keystone-pipeline-work/
[*]

Yes, the Keystone XL pipeline. I just didn’t type XL. But, OK, I’ll be more careful to avoid the splitting of hairs next time. 

The EPA is garbage, btw. Nice idea in theory, I guess. Stop drilling, the world becomes a paradise… that’s a nice thought. Someone posted a thing in here yesterday about how there’s debate as to whether we even have control of climate change by shutting down oil pipelines (we have very little if any). 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 11:00 AM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: [*]

Yes, the Keystone XL pipeline. I just didn’t type XL. But, OK, I’ll be more careful to avoid the splitting of hairs next time. 

The EPA is garbage, btw. Nice idea in theory, I guess. Stop drilling, the world becomes a paradise… that’s a nice thought. Someone posted a thing in here yesterday about how there’s debate as to whether we even have control of climate change by shutting down oil pipelines (we have very little if any). 
[*]

Then take up your issue with the SCOTUS b/c they're the ones who shut the XL portion of the Keystone down b/c they upheld the EPA laws, not President Biden.  This was mostly due to the danger of what happened in Kansas when the pipeline spilled over 500,000 barrels of raw crude oil.  If that happened over the largest aquifer in North America, we'd be paying $50 for a gallon of water.  

Nice try with your right-wing disinformation but most of us know you're posting nonsense from right-wing media that's had to pay $Trillions due to the lies they spew.  Below is what none of the right-wing stations want you to know about when it comes to the Keystone pipeline.

https://kansasreflector.com/2023/04/21/massive-pipeline-spill-caused-by-crack-created-during-installation-third-party-review-concludes/
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 12:03 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: [*]

Then take up your issue with the SCOTUS b/c they're the ones who shut the XL portion of the Keystone down b/c they upheld the EPA laws, not President Biden.  This was mostly due to the danger of what happened in Kansas when the pipeline spilled over 500,000 barrels of raw crude oil.  If that happened over the largest aquifer in North America, we'd be paying $50 for a gallon of water.  

Nice try with your right-wing disinformation but most of us know you're posting nonsense from right-wing media that's had to pay $Trillions due to the lies they spew.  Below is what none of the right-wing stations want you to know about when it comes to the Keystone pipeline.

https://kansasreflector.com/2023/04/21/massive-pipeline-spill-caused-by-crack-created-during-installation-third-party-review-concludes/
[*]

Dude, you’re 100% wrong. I don’t listen to “right wing media.” Typical lib logic, you don’t like the message so you bash a pretend source. Talk to someone, anyone in the energy field. His policies have crippled the US’s energy system. BS on the EPA… on day one of his presidency HE, not the EPA, shut down the Keystone XL pipeline, there goes 832,000 barrels a day of production, not to mention cutting 11,000 jobs. He has suspended all new leases on federal land. He spent his entire campaign bashing oil and oil companies, then went to beg Saudi to produce more from a point of weakness to where they laughed him out of the room. Oil made this country a juggernaught and the dude wants to destroy all that for clean energy while bending over for China who, along with India, contributes 50% of carbon emissions. People who defend Biden’s energy plan are what China and Russia would call “useful idiots” to their cause (taking down the US in the biggest area that made it what it is today). If what the environmentalists “want” to happen actually happens, China and India will continue to kick our asses until they blatantly take over, just like we did after WW2 (because of oil).

Let me know when the world becomes a paradise because of all these wonderful things the EPA and Biden are working for. 
Reply/Quote