Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biden's Running Mate?
(06-09-2020, 09:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is why we can't have good things. 

I thought it was because of overtaxation of the working class.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
https://www.yahoo.com/news/bidens-vp-list-narrows-warren-043207016.html

Quote:Democrats with knowledge of the process said Biden’s search committee has narrowed the choices to as few as six serious contenders after initial interviews. Among the group still in contention: Sens. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts and Kamala Harris of California, as well as Susan Rice, who served as President Barack Obama's national security adviser.
He should reach out to Condi Rice. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-13-2020, 05:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/news/bidens-vp-list-narrows-warren-043207016.html

He should reach out to Condi Rice. 

That would suppress turnout in November. He can't put another centrist on the ticket or someone to the right of himself. If he did, it would result in voter apathy on the left, again, like what happened in 2016.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-13-2020, 06:10 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That would suppress turnout in November. He can't put another centrist on the ticket or someone to the right of himself. If he did, it would result in voter apathy on the left, again, like what happened in 2016.

And I disagree. It's not like someone is going to vote for Trump because Biden doesn't pick a Liberal enough running mate and I doubt there's going to be any shortage of turnout on either side. Now I know there are those just waiting to go against Trump if Biden selects a Centralist. He goes too far Left; they'll just hold their noses and select Trump. 

(06-13-2020, 06:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: And I disagree. It's not like someone is going to vote for Trump because Biden doesn't pick a Liberal enough running mate and I doubt there's going to be any shortage of turnout on either side. Now I know there are those just waiting to go against Trump if Biden selects a Centralist. He goes too far Left; they'll just hold their noses and select Trump. 

Aaaaah... I get the logic behind that point, I just wonder if you take into account that 50% or so are usually not voting at all. Voter turnout might be a bigger factor than the behaviour of centrists or moderate conservatives.

And I yet have to come across anyone who is actually an enthusiastic Biden supporter. He has a yawn factor to himself. If too many just stay home for lack of passion, the centrist votes might be a less important issue than the lack of turnout from more leftist segments.
(06-13-2020, 10:12 PM)hollodero Wrote: Aaaaah... I get the logic behind that point, I just wonder if you take into account that 50% or so are usually not voting at all. Voter turnout might be a bigger factor than the behaviour of centrists or moderate conservatives.

And I yet have to come across anyone who is actually an enthusiastic Biden supporter. He has a yawn factor to himself. If too many just stay home for lack of passion, the centrist votes might be a less important issue than the lack of turnout from more leftist segments.

bfine is just looking out for Biden!  LMAO!

All seriousness aside Biden has time to make the decision.  He's not going to pick someone right of himself and probably someone left.  Someone younger (obviously) and probably a female.  

The contrast between that person and Pence will be staggering.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-14-2020, 07:54 AM)GMDino Wrote: bfine is just looking out for Biden!  LMAO!

All seriousness aside Biden has time to make the decision.  He's not going to pick someone right of himself and probably someone left.  Someone younger (obviously) and probably a female.  

The contrast between that person and Pence will be staggering.

Once again; No idea why you're allowed to continue to do this. I mean I have some theories, but....

I say 99% chance Biden picks a female and I'll say 90% chance that female is a minority. I'm still thinking Harris, pure conjecture on my part.
(06-14-2020, 02:46 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I say 99% chance Biden picks a female and I'll say 90% chance that female is a minority. I'm still thinking Harris, pure conjecture on my part.

Well he's already said it's going to be a woman. A name I've heard picking up a little steam is Tammy Baldwin. As she is openly gay I'd love to see the VP debate between her and Pence. 

(06-14-2020, 02:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well he's already said it's going to be a woman. A name I've heard picking up a little steam is Tammy Baldwin. As she is openly gay I'd love to see the VP debate between her and Pence. 

While I can see an interesting series of debates between Baldwin and Pence, I just don't think Baldwin has much of a chance of being on the ticket. Pete Buttigieg , also a homosexual, polled very poorly with minorities in general and even close to 0% in the bible belt down south. I personally thought Pete was the best candidate the Democrats had going, but his poor support in the south ended his run. That being said, Biden may like Baldwin or another running mate more than the one he's ultimately going to pick, but he's going to go with a running mate that he thinks and his campaign thinks will garner him the most votes and gives him the best chance to win.
(06-14-2020, 03:07 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: While I can see an interesting series of debates between Baldwin and Pence, I just don't think Baldwin has much of a chance of being on the ticket. Pete Buttigieg , also a homosexual, polled very poorly with minorities in general and even close to 0% in the bible belt down south. I personally thought Pete was the best candidate the Democrats had going, but his poor support in the south ended his run. That being said, Biden may like Baldwin or another running mate more than the one he's ultimately going to pick, but he's going to go with a running mate that he thinks and his campaign thinks will garner him the most votes and gives him the best chance to win.

Good point on the black vote and Baldwin, but I cannot see anyone Biden picking that will pull votes away from the bible belt.