Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Ben Back For Week 8? Maybe Not.
Steelers just activated Murphy to take the QB2 spot in tomorrows game. Word is Ben is not that mobile, and having trouble moving laterally.

My question is this... Should the Steelers start Big Ben in week 8 regardless of his health?

As fans, we all think Ben should be there because, honestly, both Bengal fans and Steeler fans know the only way Pittsburgh beats Cincinnati this year is with Ben.

Now, the Steelers have a pretty decent record, and a good shot at the wildcard, is it worth risking the future health of Big Ben to get a win over Cincinnati? Sure, they want to win the division and homefield advantage is great, but the risk of injuring Ben for the remainder of the season seems like a reason to not let him play on November 1st.

Is one win against the Bengals worth the chance of injuring Ben for longer?

Immobile Ben has done plenty of damage before, but if he can't move in the pocket, it will be a long day.

We will just have to wait and see how his rehabbing is going next week. If he can't move that well though, do they start him, and is it worth it?
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2015, 09:56 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: ...both Bengal fans and Steeler fans know the only way Pittsburgh beats Cincinnati this year is if a large meteor shower wipes out Cincinnati's entire starting offense...

Fixed it for you.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
He'll play next week.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Man I would like to hear a steelers fan weigh in on this but they almost have to play him no matter what next week. They can't afford to fall back 4 games. Thing is Ben is gonna be unable to buy time like he has hurt us in the past. This could backfire on them and get Ben hurt again.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 06:36 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Man I would like to hear a steelers fan weigh in on this but they almost have to play him no matter what next week.  They can't afford to fall back 4 games.   Thing is Ben is gonna be unable to buy time like he has hurt us in the past.   This could backfire on them and get Ben hurt again.

Yeah, I'm sure that the Steelers realize this, as much as you and I do.  Their defense was a little suspect, even before Ben got hurt.  I'm guessing that they will keep him on the shelf, until he is as healed as he is going to get.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Bengals will beat whoever Steelers run out there
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 07:17 PM)kevin Wrote: Bengals will beat whoever Steelers run out there

As long as the Bengals are up for the game, as much as the Steelers will be, they should win going away.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 07:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As long as the Bengals are up for the game, as much as the Steelers will be, they should win going away.

Oh, the Steelers, that's all I heard last week, people on here saying how great the Steelers are....Here is some sad violin music for the Steelers who lost again today and to the Chiefs, who the Bengals beat.... Violin

and suddenly Steelers aren't looking all that unbeatable as people on here were talking....

Bengals will beat whoever Steelers run out there. Big Ben, no big deal, Bengals will win.  Get him out there. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 07:17 PM)kevin Wrote: Bengals will beat whoever Steelers run out there

You're certifiably insane if you think the Bengals are a demonstrably better team than the Steelers.  Both games will be good, but no way are you, or any other fan, really confident that you'll win either game.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 07:25 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You're certifiably insane if you think the Bengals are a demonstrably better team than the Steelers.  Both games will be good, but no way are you, or any other fan, really confident that you'll win either game.

The Bengals are going to have Steeler Fans talking draft day and draft picks very early this year.....Steelers are 4-3 and sinking quickly into the toilet to be flushed away....Bengals will go to 7-0 and Steelers will fall to 4-4.....and all these people acting like the Steelers are so great will be talking Steelers draft picks by Thanksgiving Day. ....So send out Big Ben, bring him on, Bengals will still beat the Steelers. 

Steeler fans need to know that Bengals beating Chiefs and Chiefs beating Steelers is like a division loss right there to the Bengals.....Chiefs help Bengals gain a game and Steelers fall back a game.  Maybe not a good day for Steeler fans to be talking smack talk, more of a day to cry into those terrible towels. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 07:31 PM)kevin Wrote: The Bengals are going to have Steeler Fans talking draft day and draft picks very early this year.....Steelers are 4-3 and sinking quickly into the toilet to be flushed away....Bengals will go to 7-0 and Steelers will fall to 4-4.....and all these people acting like the Steelers are so great will be talking Steelers draft picks by Thanksgiving Day. ....So send out Big Ben, bring him on, Bengals will still beat the Steelers. 

That's quite the convincing argument you've not even attempt to make.  Why don't you educate me and explain why you think that?  
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 07:41 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: That's quite the convincing argument you've not even attempt to make.  Why don't you educate me and explain why you think that?  

How do you like the taste of that Chiefs game today  Hilarious
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 06:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, I'm sure that the Steelers realize this, as much as you and I do.  Their defense was a little suspect, even before Ben got hurt.  I'm guessing that they will keep him on the shelf, until he is as healed as he is going to get.

My interpretation of Tomlin's post game press conference was that they don't anticipate having him available next Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 07:25 PM)kevin Wrote: Oh, the Steelers, that's all I heard last week, people on here saying how great the Steelers are....Here is some sad violin music for the Steelers who lost again today and to the Chiefs, who the Bengals beat.... Violin

and suddenly Steelers aren't looking all that unbeatable as people on here were talking....

Bengals will beat whoever Steelers run out there. Big Ben, no big deal, Bengals will win.  Get him out there. 

I'm just saying that they will be "up" for the game.  Make no mistakes about it, the Bengals will need to be on their "A" game.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 06:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, I'm sure that the Steelers realize this, as much as you and I do.  Their defense was a little suspect, even before Ben got hurt.  I'm guessing that they will keep him on the shelf, until he is as healed as he is going to get.

My interpretation of Tomlin's post game press conference was they don't anticipate having him next Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 07:51 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: My interpretation of Tomlin's post game press conference was they don't anticipate having him next Sunday.

Interesting. If he isn't able to move in he pocket it's a wise move to hold him out. But the risk of possibly giving away the division has to be on their minds. But a healthy Ben can make a run As a wild card as well. Especially if you would be playing the south winner.

It's a tough call: but I'm sure they don't want to see Geno and Dunlap all over bens legs
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 07:45 PM)kevin Wrote: How do you like the taste of that Chiefs game today  Hilarious

It was unfortunate, still, going 2-2 without your starting QB is nothing to be ashamed of.  You seem to have me confused with someone who's feeling you can hurt.  The Steelers, when healthy, have possibly the most talented roster in the league, the Bengals not so much.  Still, I'm sure you guys would go 2-2 with your backup, even 3rd string QB, right?  Your team does have a proven track record of handling adversity well.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 08:54 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It was unfortunate, still, going 2-2 without your starting QB is nothing to be ashamed of.  You seem to have me confused with someone who's feeling you can hurt.  The Steelers, when healthy, have possibly the most talented roster in the league, the Bengals not so much.  Still, I'm sure you guys would go 2-2 with your backup, even 3rd string QB, right?  Your team does have a proven track record of handling adversity well.

The Bengals have one of the most "demonstrably" talented rosters in the league - as their record shows. The Steelers have shoulda/wouldas to fall back on. I guess they "could" be one of the most talented rosters in the league, but we haven't seen it yet.

You are insane to think that the Bengals are not "demonstrably" (ie: demonstrated by record, common opponents, or anything else that plays into tie-breakers) better than the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 09:04 PM)TRsome Wrote: The Bengals have one of the most "demonstrably" talented rosters in the league - as their record shows. The Steelers have shoulda/wouldas to fall back on. I guess they "could" be one of the most talented rosters in the league, but we haven't seen it yet.

You are insane to think that the Bengals are not "demonstrably" (ie: demonstrated by record, common opponents, or anything else that plays into tie-breakers) better than the Steelers.

I'm sure this helps you sleep at night, too bad no one outside your deluded fan base thinks it.  You are your record, I'll give you that, but there isn't a single team in this league that would prefer to play a healthy Steelers squad to the Bengals.  Keep talking though, it'll make your inevitable playoff gagfest all the more enjoyable.  Hell, the Steelers might get lucky and draw you guys in the divisional round.  It's essentially the same thing as a bye week.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 09:29 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm sure this helps you sleep at night, too bad no one outside your deluded fan base thinks it.  You are your record, I'll give you that, but there isn't a single team in this league that would prefer to play a healthy Steelers squad to the Bengals.  Keep talking though, it'll make your inevitable playoff gagfest all the more enjoyable.  Hell, the Steelers might get lucky and draw you guys in the divisional round.  It's essentially the same thing as a bye week.

Deluded fan base. Ok. Take a step back and realize what you are arguing. You are saying that Bengals fans are deluded for arguing that the Bengals are clearly the better team. The 6-0 Bengals and the 4-3 Steelers.

Ok, ready? Now tell me again who the deluded fan base is.

There is not a team in the league that would say that they would rather play the Bengals than the Steelers. That is your own deluded fan base talking.

I get it. The Steelers fans are used to winning so they have this unshakable faith that their team is still better "if" things were just a little different. If Big Ben didn't get hurt, if Bell wasn't suspended... etc. etc. The reality is this:

A healthy Bengals team = 6-0
A healthy Steelers team = ??? (who cares?)

My point is made, and yours is stupid. Please follow it up with something else that we've already heard. The Bengals will lose in the playoffs, six rings, division champs - what else? Maybe after we win next week you can continue the chorus of how we haven't beaten a team with a winning record. (Steelers will be 4-4, if you didn't catch that.)
Reply/Quote