Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Ced Injured, Fisher moved to RT
(08-15-2016, 08:31 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Never a good sign when you draft a guy already hurt in the first round, and then in his second year he's hurt again.

Not saying injury prone, just not a good started trend.

(08-16-2016, 12:25 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: A couple things with your post.

1.  he had an injury in college so as of last year he never had an injury as a Bengal last year and he played late in the year
2.  Lets clarify injury vs. hurt, he had a for sure injury last year coming into camp from college and could not play, im not sure if he is actually injured and totally out of playing or just hurt and being held out of practice/playing to be safe and let him heal a bit more, there is a difference between being hurt and injured. 

Is that not exactly what I said? I didn't say he got drafted and then was hurt, I said he was already hurt when he was drafted.

- - - - - - - - -
As for #2, Hobspin, well known spinner of positive angle propaganda has said he'll likely miss at least a couple weeks, and his availability for Week 1 is in question. 

"It’s believed that Ogbuehi, in his first year starting, has a toe issue and may be out for a at least couple of weeks after he and Fisher led the offense with 39 snaps each against the Vikings. It’s unclear if he’ll be ready for the Sept. 11 regular season opener, so keeping a fourth tackle on the final 53-man roster is obviously still in the mix."

If the positive propaganda spinner is saying that already, it means he'll probably almost certainly miss at least a regular season game, if not games.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 10:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This simply is not treu.

Last year the Bengals were the healthiest team in the entire league.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2016/2015-adjusted-games-lost

He noted major injuries. I'd call losing Andy late in the season and unavailable for the playoffs major. 

As to the new injury, SON OF A . . . !!!
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 12:25 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: A couple things with your post.

1.  he had an injury in college so as of last year he never had an injury as a Bengal last year and he played late in the year
2.  Lets clarify injury vs. hurt, he had a for sure injury last year coming into camp from college and could not play, im not sure if he is actually injured and totally out of playing or just hurt and being held out of practice/playing to be safe and let him heal a bit more, there is a difference between being hurt and injured. 

Good points. 
Reply/Quote
The people that were pissed about drafting two tackles instead of a WR now realize that might not have been the worst decision.

I was one of them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not a good training camp as far as injuries.
Reply/Quote
Still have Winston on the team incase everybody forgot. He's not great, but he is a solid vet.
Reply/Quote
AJ Green needs to hook Ced up with his shoe guy....
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 10:53 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Didn't Ogbuehi play better at RT than LT in college?

Yes he did, in his last year he switched to LT and struggled, but later on in the year he started showing consistency and started to dominate as a LT. Almost every RT that switches to LT struggles their first year if they have never played the LT position before.

Right now, Ced is the best RT we have, Whit is the best LT we have, so Fisher is the swing man. Once Whit is done playing, I believe it will be Ced at LT and Fisher at RT.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 10:15 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Yes, God forbid they get much needed experience via playing time.

(08-15-2016, 10:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, terrible decision!!!

Hold them all out till the regular season!!! Shocked
Well, one of them won't be getting more game experience now and very well may be out until the beginning of the season.  You wishes have come true!
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 08:53 PM)tlotharw Wrote: Well, one of them won't be getting more game experience now and very well may be out until the beginning of the season.  You wishes have come true!

Oh, I see how this works.

***** and moan about how Marvin never plays any of the young guys to give them any experience then ***** and moan when he does play them

Basically just whine no matter what he does.

You are so clever.  How did you ever come up with this posting style?  It is sooooo original.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 08:53 PM)tlotharw Wrote: Well, one of them won't be getting more game experience now and very well may be out until the beginning of the season.  You wishes have come true!

I mean, if the dude couldn't last a full preseason game without injury, what makes you think he would have done better in regular season? You have to get ready for the season somehow, and Ogubehi has been behind compared to all other offensive lineman starters.

Even Fisher has more experience than him.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Personally, I like Fisher at RT more than Ogubehi. Just personal preference.

Was never high on Ogubehi, but I definitely don't want him injured. But prefer Fisher at RT.

Reply/Quote

Just assinine.

These guys needed snaps, it is bad luck as much as anything that they get injured getting in their snaps.

You just do not throw young players to the wolves like you wish we did!
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 09:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just assinine.

These guys needed snaps, it is bad luck as much as anything that they get injured getting in their snaps.

You just do not throw young players to the wolves like you wish we did!

They did throw young players to the wolves just like you wish they did.  Asinine, by the way.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 11:12 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Your QB being out cripples your whole offense. Your QB being out is about the same as all your weapons being hurt. Saying we were the healthiest team in the NFL is a joke, and anyone with any sense will know that.

To be fair, our QB injured himself not our training staff or a reflection on the team. Dalton's boneheaded forward shovel pass that turned into an INT and the resulting tackle by Dalton was all on Andy.

Outside of Andy we were amazingly healthy last year.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2016, 10:56 AM)pdub2005 Wrote: To be fair, our QB injured himself not our training staff or a reflection on the team. Dalton's boneheaded forward shovel pass that turned into an INT and the resulting tackle by Dalton was all on Andy.

Outside of Andy we were amazingly healthy last year.

You could say that about anyone getting injured. Plus how do you know that Dalton called that play? Yeah, he audibles a lot, but I don't remember him doing it on that play. To say that it was on all Dalton is very bias.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 11:02 PM)tlotharw Wrote: They did throw young players to the wolves just like you wish they did.  Asinine, by the way.

Zeitler and Boling had 30 snaps.

Obugehi and Fisher had 39 snaps.

That sure seems like throwing those players into the wolves, huh?

Oh, and Vigil played in 36 snaps. So was he thrown into the wolves too?

I'm not sure what exactly you're trying to say here. Players need reps and actual game time experience so that they're ready for the NFL.

Ogubehi only has 11 snaps in his NFL career. 50 if you count preseason.

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 11:02 PM)tlotharw Wrote: They did throw young players to the wolves just like you wish they did.  Asinine, by the way.

I said assinine on purpose. Cool

Throwing the young players to the wolves would be to not play them in the Preseason and just throw them out there
in the regular season with no meaningful snaps. You have a different definition.

(08-18-2016, 03:15 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Zeitler and Boling had 30 snaps.

Obugehi and Fisher had 39 snaps.

That sure seems like throwing those players into the wolves, huh?

Oh, and Vigil played in 36 snaps. So was he thrown into the wolves too?

I'm not sure what exactly you're trying to say here. Players need reps and actual game time experience so that they're ready for the NFL.

Ogubehi only has 11 snaps in his NFL career. 50 if you count preseason.

Exactly. Wolf knows whats up.
Reply/Quote