Poll: Will this suck
Probably
Most likely
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Trouble Little China
Is getting a remake staring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Jack Burton.

Can't say I am pleased. Nothing against Johnson, but come on...remakes have to stop at some point and this will suck. The 80's campiness of it was what made it so fantastic...

I just hope the Rock has paid his dues and has his check in the mail...
Reply/Quote
Well it won't be as good as the original, but I've been wanting to see a remake of it on a big budget, so I'll give it a chance.
Reply/Quote
Just heard about it last night.

BTLC is one of my favorite movies. If done right, it could be a fun movie.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 03:23 PM)Benton Wrote: Just heard about it last night.

BTLC is one of my favorite movies. If done right, it could be a fun movie.

I just have trouble seeing The Rock (as great as he can be) capturing the Jack Burton role like Kurt did. Plus part of what makes it so great is that 80s corny campy style...if they can re-create that, then sure
Reply/Quote
I know one cool guy who is excited about it, but I think it might be because the first one sucked so bad he actually liked it. He is kind of a crap art connoisseur. If he actually liked the first one it could be a sign dementia starts in childhood.  
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
I don't see how it works. BTILC worked because Russell's character is supposed to have an over inflated sense of ego based on his appearance. The rock is way too big for this role.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 04:14 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I don't see how it works.  BTILC worked because Russell's character is supposed to have an over inflated sense of ego based on his appearance.  The rock is way too big for this role.

Agree......and agree with the OP about the campiness from the 80s.  This is one that is better left in the archives, in my opinion.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 04:18 PM)Wyche Wrote: Agree......and agree with the OP about the campiness from the 80s.  This is one that is better left in the archives, in my opinion.

All I want to do now is watch it again and forget they are about to destroy it.

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 04:22 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: All I want to do now is watch it again and forget they are about to destroy it.

Well, if you weren't so far away, we could guzzle a sixer and give it a look......of course I have it in my collection... Smirk

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 04:29 PM)Wyche Wrote: Well, if you weren't so far away, we could guzzle a sixer and give it a look......of course I have it in my collection... Smirk

I'll be in Detroit this weekend....that's a bit closer and I mean geez...you could do a little more to help facilitate this, instead of just siting on you arse like you all ways do.  Good for nothing.........

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 04:41 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I'll be in Detroit this weekend....that's a bit closer and I mean geez...you could do a little more to help facilitate this, instead of just siting on you arse like you all ways do.  Good for nothing.........

I could fire up the smoker.....

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 06:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: I could fire up the smoker.....

If that's what I think it is..... Wub

Reply/Quote
Just NO. As cheesy as the effects were back in the 80s, those movies should be left the way are be cause THAT was entertainment. What? The new directors/producers of today can't think of their own shit so they have to rehash the old movies?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 10:21 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Just NO. As cheesy as the effects were back in the 80s, those movies should be left the way are be cause THAT was entertainment. What? The new directors/producers of today can't think of their own shit so they have to rehash the old movies?

It was The Rock that pitched this to the studio. It's one of his all-time favorite movies and I'm sure he's going to have a blast making. Probably tap into his wrestling persona for some inspiration.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 10:04 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: If that's what I think it is..... Wub

If you are thinking hickory smoked deliciousness, then you are thinking right......

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 10:53 PM)Wyche Wrote: If you are thinking hickory smoked deliciousness, then you are thinking right......

I think he was referring to "sausages".  If you catch my drift.   Ninja
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
"You know what Jack Burton always says..."
"Who?"
"Jack Burton...Me"

Best line in the movie though was when he said to Gracie Law, "I know, there's a problem with your face".

That cracks me up.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 10:45 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: It was The Rock that pitched this to the studio. It's one of his all-time favorite movies and I'm sure he's going to have a blast making. Probably tap into his wrestling persona for some inspiration.

that's my hope. If anyone can pull off an over confident guy who manages to pull off small miracles with some humor, the Rock is up there.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 04:14 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I don't see how it works.  BTILC worked because Russell's character is supposed to have an over inflated sense of ego based on his appearance.  The rock is way too big for this role.

I have no idea what you mean....

[Image: the-rock.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 02:38 AM)Benton Wrote: that's my hope. If anyone can pull off an over confident guy who manages to pull off small miracles with some humor, the Rock is up there.

How is the Rock overconfident?  If I was that big I think it would be nearly impossible.

Reply/Quote