Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Whit trolls Florio/PFT
Ok so its now a tangential connection to the Bengals, but its nice to see Florio called out for his wrong stories

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
well PFT is the RUMOR mill not FACT mill lol
Reply/Quote
Love it! PFT's original reporting and content is such trash, especially when 95% of a story is Florio's trash, non-fact based opinions that he presents as gospel truth.

However, it's such a great snapshot / conglomerator of league news that I can't stop looking at it at least a few times a day.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 09:37 AM)pally Wrote: Ok so its now a tangential connection to the Bengals, but its nice to see Florio called out for his wrong stories

I don't like Floria but Whit kind of fanned the flame on this one. Saying "it's been a busy day answering phones" after discussing Tyron Smith going down and saying people need to talk to his wife about playing again sounds like he's indicating the Cowboys reached out. 

It did sound like Whit "strongly suggested" he got a call from the Cowboys.
Reply/Quote
Whit said his phone blew up....he never said the Cowboys called. And his phone did blow up with people asking him about the Cowboys. The problem Florio has is a very long history of making assumptions about what someone said or meant without ever clarifying.

Prime example...

Reporter pre-draft: Joe Burrow, you are the presumed #1 pick, do you want to play for the Bengals
Burrow: I'm excited for the chance to be in the NFL for whoever drafts me
Florio: Joe Burrow doesn't want to play in Cincinnati

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 12:14 PM)pally Wrote: Whit said his phone blew up....he never said the Cowboys called. And his phone did blow up with people asking him about the Cowboys. The problem Florio has is a very long history of making assumptions about what someone said or meant without ever clarifying.

Prime example...

Reporter pre-draft: Joe Burrow, you are the presumed #1 pick, do you want to play for the Bengals

But read exactly what Whit said. He brought up the situation with Smith, then said "they". It is perfectly reasonable to assume based on his wording that 'they' are the Cowboys FO personnel. It might very well be a legit misunderstanding and was not someone from Dallas, but it was Whit who created it, not PFT. Whether he meant it or not, his words directly implied it was Dallas.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 09:37 AM)pally Wrote: Ok so its now a tangential connection to the Bengals, but its nice to see Florio called out for his wrong stories

Love it Big Whit! Hilarious Rock On

(08-26-2022, 12:14 PM)pally Wrote: Whit said his phone blew up....he never said the Cowboys called.  And his phone did blow up with people asking him about the Cowboys.  The problem Florio has is a very long history of making assumptions about what someone said or meant without ever clarifying.

Prime example...

No doubt Pally. Cannot believe some Bengal fans on here are giving Florio any benefit of the doubt ever.

Let alone here talking about what Whit only knows...

I will trust Whit over Florio people.... every frickin' time. Mellow
Reply/Quote