Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bijan Robinson
I have seen multiple scenarios lately where Bijan Robinson falls to the Bengals at #28. Along with these scenarios I have seen many simulations where he is sitting there at #28. I do not think this is an indictment of his abilities as much as it is about the makeup of the first round prospects and the league itself. There are several first round receiver prospects and we all know it continues to become more of a passing league. Couple that with the QBs and edge rushers and it is very possible that this happens.

I am not a big fan of high first round selections on RBs but if this kid drops to #28 I just do not see how you pass on the selection.
Reply/Quote
I'd be happy with Robinson at pick 28 but I think he's getting taken in the top 15 this year. The dude is an elite talent.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would take him in a flash at 28. There is little chance that he will be there though.
Reply/Quote
Darnell Wright would be the only player that could maybe make me move off Bijan Robinson and that is just because of my perceived team need, positional value, and a chance to set the OL up for a few years.

If I had to pick another for just the Bengals it would be Michael Mayer and that is just because they love drafting home grown players.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 09:31 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'd be happy with Robinson at pick 28 but I think he's getting taken in the top 15 this year. The dude is an elite talent.

I do not think he will be there either but stranger things have happened in the draft and all of the scenarios that have him sliding do make sense and are no doubt plausible. Again, I do not think it will happen but I would be thrilled.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 09:43 AM)Synric Wrote: Darnell Wright would be the only player that could maybe make me move off Bijan Robinson and that is just because of my perceived team need, positional value, and a chance to set the OL up for a few years.

If I had to pick another for just the Bengals it would be Michael Mayer and that is just because they love drafting home grown players.

If the Bengals are staring at Bijan and Wright they are taking Bijan. 

They are looking for the exact reason to part company with Joe Mixon and this is the absolute way to do that. The reality of '23 is that Jonah is going to be the RT unless he just decides to flat sit out the season which would be complete career suicide. As much as I like the selection of Wright I don't think they make the selection just so he can sit for the '23 season. Trading Jonah is highly unlikely because the value is not there for another team unless they come into a situation of emergency need for a LT. Every team knows what Jonah is and that he will be a free agent in '24.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 09:50 AM)OSUfan Wrote: If the Bengals are staring at Bijan and Wright they are taking Bijan. 

They are looking for the exact reason to part company with Joe Mixon and this is the absolute way to do that. The reality of '23 is that Jonah is going to be the RT unless he just decides to flat sit out the season which would be complete career suicide. As much as I like the selection of Wright I don't think they make the selection just so he can sit for the '23 season. Trading Jonah is highly unlikely because the value is not there for another team unless they come into a situation of emergency need for a LT. Every team knows what Jonah is and that he will be a free agent in '24.

All we know for sure about Jonah is he has requested a trade and the team has talked to him but RT is still the biggest question mark for the fans. 

If both Wright and Bijan is sitting there (which it's likely neither will be) and they take Wright I know the Jonah talks didnt go well lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I want nothing to do with rb before rd3 at earliest. Unless charboneet falls to 60 and even then I’d be looking elsewhere
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 05:25 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I want nothing to do with rb before rd3 at earliest. Unless charboneet falls to 60 and even then I’d be looking elsewhere
If the 9th ranked prospect fell to #28 and if was a position you seriously needed to upgrade at and you passed on it you should never work in the league again.
Reply/Quote
Would definitely select Bijan at #28 if for some odd reason he falls

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 09:14 PM)OSUfan Wrote: If the 9th ranked prospect fell to #28 and if was a position you seriously needed to upgrade at and you passed on it you should never work in the league again.

The 9th ranked prospect is not as good without a line in front of him.  Whereas as 100th (overall) RB prospect would/could flourish behind a great OL.

Where was Mixon tanked prior to The Slap?
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 11:07 PM)spazz70 Wrote: The 9th ranked prospect is not as good without a line in front of him.  Whereas as 100th (overall) RB prospect would/could flourish behind a great OL.

The RT prospects many are stumping for at 28, Wright and Jones, are both limited in the run game.  You aren't fixing the run blocking by taking either of those guys.  

The back makes a huge difference.  People want to point at KC, but next highest RB behind Pacheco averaged .6 fewer YPC.  

Beyond that, Robinson is a much better receiver and pass blocker than Mixon is.  Kid is a true 3 down back that will also pay dividends on passing downs.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 11:07 PM)spazz70 Wrote: The 9th ranked prospect is not as good without a line in front of him.  Whereas as 100th (overall) RB prospect would/could flourish behind a great OL.

they improved the line, the run game got worse. Know why? Mixon stinks

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 09:14 PM)OSUfan Wrote: If the 9th ranked prospect fell to #28 and if was a position you seriously needed to upgrade at and you passed on it you should never work in the league again.
If I passed on a player who plays the most easily replaceable position in sports? Rb play is entirely dependent on blocking chrome, coaching, personnel, oline play, etc etc. it’s rarely if ever just about the player.
(04-19-2023, 11:28 PM)Whatever Wrote: The RT prospects many are stumping for at 28, Wright and Jones, are both limited in the run game.  You aren't fixing the run blocking by taking either of those guys.  

The back makes a huge difference.  People want to point at KC, but next highest RB behind Pacheco averaged .6 fewer YPC.  

Beyond that, Robinson is a much better receiver and pass blocker than Mixon is.  Kid is a true 3 down back that will also pay dividends on passing downs.
Did you Just say jones is limited in the run game? ?
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 12:00 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: they improved the line, the run game got worse. Know why? Mixon stinks

Actually running game ranked the same in run block win rate at 10th.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 12:44 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Actually running game ranked the same in run block win rate at 10th.

Lmao ok. 29th in yards per carry. that's abysmal. the yards per carry got worse from 2021 to 2022. 

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
It would be nice to get a Rudi (4th) and a Burkhead (6th) in this draft. We already have untapped potential with Trayveon (6th) and Cap (6th).

Mixon, Williams, and Evans is a good group. I like the top RBs. But I think we can get great production from a ton of different options at RB. Burrow helped CEH get drafted in the 1st.

We really will be dependent on the draft to supply some of our premier positions with our impending mega contract salary cap issues. With the way some of these contracts are blowing up and others not.

I'd get on board quick. But I would hope we pass.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 12:42 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Did you Just say jones is limited in the run game? ?

Yup.  He can't pull.  He struggles on reach blocks.  He struggles on getting to the second level.  There's a lot more to run blocking than just drive blocking.  
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 09:42 AM)Whatever Wrote: Yup.  He can't pull.  He struggles on reach blocks.  He struggles on getting to the second level.  There's a lot more to run blocking than just drive blocking.  

Well, since Daniel Falele took over the league last year, he's paved the way for oversized, oafish dudes to have body positivity and lumber their way onto NFL rosters en masse.  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 09:42 AM)Whatever Wrote: Yup.  He can't pull.  He struggles on reach blocks.  He struggles on getting to the second level.  There's a lot more to run blocking than just drive blocking.  

He can’t pull but did it consistently and with major success in college? He dominated georgias dline…. He gets to 2nd level.
Reply/Quote