Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bijan Robinson
(04-21-2023, 11:42 AM)OSUfan Wrote: Whatever you say sir. I will agree to disagree.

Why do fans think the draft is specifically for the year upcoming season?  A 1st Rd pick is a 5 year player.  Wright is now projected to be a Top 10 pick, if he is there we will likely take him.  LC likely has more impact on Wright than Jonah. We know Jonah is here for only 1 yr max, and could be gone before the season starts.  I do not understand your logic?

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 10:57 AM)Whatever Wrote: Possibly.  We'll have to wait and see what he does.  However, generally my misses are guys I thought would be good that disappoint, not guys I didn't like that turned out to be good, though there are some.  

You said Wright was a Day 3 pick, you never said he was good, in fact you stated the opposite.  Guy is now being projected Top 10...

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 12:26 PM)casear2727 Wrote: You said Wright was a Day 3 pick, you never said he was good, in fact you stated the opposite.  Guy is now being projected Top 10...

I see.  So projection outliers only count when they support your argument, right?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 02:03 PM)Whatever Wrote: I see.  So projection outliers only count when they support your argument, right?

Provide me one source that has projected Wright as a day 3 selection.   Other than you.....

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 12:25 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Why do fans think the draft is specifically for the year upcoming season?  A 1st Rd pick is a 5 year player.  Wright is now projected to be a Top 10 pick, if he is there we will likely take him.  LC likely has more impact on Wright than Jonah. We know Jonah is here for only 1 yr max, and could be gone before the season starts.  I do not understand your logic?

So make up your mind...either Jonah has something to do with the selection of Wright or he does not. Who said I was referring to a draft selection as a single season selection...piss poor assumptions for $500 Alex. The consensus ranking on Wright at this time is 17th so you stating him projected as a top 10 selection could be considered as over playing a single source putting him at #10, PFF or not.

Here is the cold hard reality that you do not seem to want to acknowledge as you try to impose your opinion on others:

* There is not trade leverage for the Bengals when it comes to Jonah unless a team becomes in need of a LT due to emergency which is very unlikely to happen prior to the draft.

* Teams that are not in an emergency know full well that Jonah is a mid range LT who will be a free agent in '24.

* At a $12.6 mil price tag and as a 1st round selection he is not going to be on the bench if he is on the roster and for him to sit out or not play to his capabilities would be completely foolish of him.

* The Bengals do like Carman and he performed very well when the cards were down last season so he is a very likely candidate for the starting job in '24.

* There are some very capable RT prospects deeper in the draft such as Matthew Bergeron, Wanya Morris, or Carter Warren.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 12:26 PM)casear2727 Wrote: You said Wright was a Day 3 pick, you never said he was good, in fact you stated the opposite.  Guy is now being projected Top 10...

PFF has him at 10. His consensus projection is 17....over playing your hand a bit sir.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 05:13 PM)OSUfan Wrote: So make up your mind...either Jonah has something to do with the selection of Wright or he does not. Who said I was referring to a draft selection as a single season selection...piss poor assumptions for $500 Alex. The consensus ranking on Wright at this time is 17th so you stating him projected as a top 10 selection could be considered as over playing a single source putting him at #10, PFF or not.

Here is the cold hard reality that you do not seem to want to acknowledge as you try to impose your opinion on others:

* There is not trade leverage for the Bengals when it comes to Jonah unless a team becomes in need of a LT due to emergency which is very unlikely to happen prior to the draft.

* Teams that are not in an emergency know full well that Jonah is a mid range LT who will be a free agent in '24.

* At a $12.6 mil price tag and as a 1st round selection he is not going to be on the bench if he is on the roster and for him to sit out or not play to his capabilities would be completely foolish of him.

* The Bengals do like Carman and he performed very well when the cards were down last season so he is a very likely candidate for the starting job in '24.

* There are some very capable RT prospects deeper in the draft such as Matthew Bergeron, Wanya Morris, or Carter Warren.

(04-21-2023, 05:15 PM)OSUfan Wrote: PFF has him at 10. His consensus projection is 17....over playing your hand a bit sir.

Do you have comprehension issues?

- I NEVER stated that Jonah has anything to do with who we draft, my stance has not changed.

- Mel Kiper just mocked Wright at #9. 9 is considered Top 10.

- I never said anything about consensus, I said he was recently projected Top 10.

- I never said anything about Jonah's situation, it's funny you think you are an expert on things we all know?  Once again you prove to be a less informed poster.

- I never mentioned trade leverage other than the Bengals will want value, nobody cares about your brilliant idea of a potential emergency need by another team, like.... really Mr. Obvious.?

- I have NEVER once said that Jonah is sitting the bench.

- You have no idea how they feel about Carmen, their comments have never changed.  We do know Carmen struggles on the right side and he has said so himself.

It is comical when you try to correct posters who know more than you.  You do it a lot.  Maybe get your head out of your ass and stop making things up?  Everything you said is pure speculation and projection of what YOU THINK I meant.  Do better.

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 08:19 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Do you have comprehension issues?

- I NEVER stated that Jonah has anything to do with who we draft, my stance has not changed.

- Mel Kiper just mocked Wright at #9. 9 is considered Top 10.

- I never said anything about consensus, I said he was recently projected Top 10.

- I never said anything about Jonah's situation, it's funny you think you are an expert on things we all know?  Once again you prove to be a less informed poster.

- I never mentioned trade leverage other than the Bengals will want value, nobody cares about your brilliant idea of a potential emergency need by another team, like.... really Mr. Obvious.?

- I have NEVER once said that Jonah is sitting the bench.

- You have no idea how they feel about Carmen, their comments have never changed.  We do know Carmen struggles on the right side and he has said so himself.

It is comical when you try to correct posters who know more than you.  You do it a lot.  Maybe get your head out of your ass and stop making things up?  Everything you said is pure speculation and projection of what YOU THINK I meant.  Do better.

So let's sum this up. Your opinions are to considered facts and those of others nothing but speculation. Your speculation is to be taken as fact but the opinions of others is them having their head up their ass. Does that pretty much capture you and your internet tough guy routine?

Have great life Billy B.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2023, 12:17 AM)OSUfan Wrote: So let's sum this up. Your opinions are to considered facts and those of others nothing but speculation. Your speculation is to be taken as fact but the opinions of others is them having their head up their ass. Does that pretty much capture you and your internet tough guy routine?

Have great life Billy B.

Again you show serious ignorance. You made claims as to how you believe I think.  You weirdly attempted to quote me of things I never said.

This comment here is is so stupid.  I simply stated that I never said the things you implied, has nothing to do with anything other than I never said these things.

You misconstrue my factual statements denying I sad the dumb shit you said I did, and try to create a straw man argument...

You are one big dummy bud, LOL 

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 12:25 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Why do fans think the draft is specifically for the year upcoming season?  A 1st Rd pick is a 5 year player Wright is now projected to be a Top 10 pick, if he is there we will likely take him.  LC likely has more impact on Wright than Jonah. We know Jonah is here for only 1 yr max, and could be gone before the season starts.  I do not understand your logic?

You are so right. Dax Hill’s draft is a red letter example and even Volson to a much lesser degree.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote