Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Bill Belichick is showing you that coaching matters. Don't settle.
He's showing you that coaching in the NFL can be an absolute WEAPON, just like having an all-pro QB can be a weapon.

Don't settle for inadequate coaching. Ask yourself this, is our coaching staff an asset? Do they lift this team up or hold them back?

I was reminded of this when we took a timeout during a freaking TWO POINT CONVERSION then a delay of game then a missed XP.

Clown show.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 05:15 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He's showing you that coaching in the NFL can be an absolute WEAPON, just like having an all-pro QB can be a weapon.

Don't settle for inadequate coaching. Ask yourself this, is our coaching staff an asset? Do they lift this team up or hold them back?

I was reminded of this when we took a timeout during a freaking TWO POINT CONVERSION then a delay of game then a missed XP.

Clown show.

I like the Parcells line of coaches, Belichik being the best of them. Seems like they have only 2 rules:

1. If you are a princess or drama queen, no matter how much you make or who you know, the bench is your throne.
2. Don't be stupid.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 05:15 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He's showing you that coaching in the NFL can be an absolute WEAPON, just like having an all-pro QB can be a weapon.

Clown show.

Zac is not the type to blame the refs, but that was 95% on the refs.

They DON'T reset the play clock, when it should have been (TWICE), but when it was down to 4, they reset it and then Evan has to rush his kick, 'cause he doesn't know it was reset: missed XP.

There are a few things to blame Zac about on Sunday, but this is one he took credit for that isn't on him at all; Mixon being pissed at the DOG was because the clock wasn't pumped, not because of the penalty.

And I see everyone creaming their pants over Belichick: if Bass makes the kick he missed, the Bills have another 30 yarder or so to WIN THE GAME, instead of going for a TD (which they had as well, but Knox couldn't catch a cold last night).

It had much less to do with coaching (and McDaniels is the one that calls plays anyways, so why is Belichick getting all the love?) and significantly more to do with superb execution by the oline, with McDermott taking 3 quarters to get an extra LB in there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 05:25 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Zac is not the type to blame the refs, but that was 95% on the refs.

They DON'T reset the play clock, when it should have been (TWICE), but when it was down to 4, they reset it and then Evan has to rush his kick, 'cause he doesn't know it was reset: missed XP.

There are a few things to blame Zac about on Sunday, but this is one he took credit for that isn't on him at all; Mixon being pissed at the DOG was because the clock wasn't pumped, not because of the penalty.

And I see everyone creaming their pants over Belichick: if Bass makes the kick he missed, the Bills have another 30 yarder or so to WIN THE GAME, instead of going for a TD (which they had as well, but Knox couldn't catch a cold last night).

It had much less to do with coaching (and McDaniels is the one that calls plays anyways, so why is Belichick getting all the love?) and significantly more to do with superb execution by the oline, with McDermott taking 3 quarters to get an extra LB in there.

I take offense to this. I don't cream my pants over any man other than Brad Pitt in the 2009 thriller "Fight Club". And Joe Burrow. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 05:21 PM)Interceptor Wrote: I like the Parcells line of coaches, Belichik being the best of them. Seems like they have only 2 rules:

1. If you are a princess or drama queen, no matter how much you make or who you know, the bench is your throne.
2. Don't be stupid.

Always kind of appreciated Belichick's approach to RB fumbles. Stevenson fumbled and lost it in Week 1 and didn't touch the ball again until Week 5. Hasn't fumbled since and he got 24 carries last night and you could tell he was going to protect that ball. 

Obviously a whole lot harder to do when you have a big name RB making big $, but I think it's a good approach when you just have some guys at RB.

All that aside, it's bullshit that the Patriots only had 1 "down" year and went right back to the #1 seed. I was wanting/expecting/anticipating their fans to experience a decade of suffering.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

No problem. Bill Belichick-like coaches are sooooooooooooooooooo easy to find, right? Rolleyes Also, after Bill's first 3 seasons, his record was 20-28. Hell, he had 1 winning season in his first 6 seasons. It's not like he started off as the GOAT. It took him quite a while and during his 2nd stint as head coach before he was considered a great head coach.

Yes, having a great head coach is ideal, but saying we need to find Belichick-like coaches is like saying we need to find Brady-like QBs or James Brown-like 

(12-07-2021, 05:15 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Don't settle for inadequate coaching. Ask yourself this, is our coaching staff an asset? Do they lift this team up or hold them back?

It's not like we have a choice. We have no control over who the coaches are.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
We should make the Pats give us Belichek
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 05:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We should make the Pats give us Belichek

Yeah, we shouldn't settle for anything less.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 05:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Always kind of appreciated Belichick's approach to RB fumbles. Stevenson fumbled and lost it in Week 1 and didn't touch the ball again until Week 5. Hasn't fumbled since and he got 24 carries last night and you could tell he was going to protect that ball. 

Obviously a whole lot harder to do when you have a big name RB making big $, but I think it's a good approach when you just have some guys at RB.

All that aside, it's bullshit that the Patriots only had 1 "down" year and went right back to the #1 seed. I was wanting/expecting/anticipating their fans to experience a decade of suffering.

And last night his QB went 2-for-3 for 19 yards. Nice stats on the winning side against that type of defense. 
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 05:31 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No problem. Bill Belichick-like coaches are sooooooooooooooooooo easy to find, right? Rolleyes Also, after Bill's first 3 seasons, his record was 20-28. Hell, he had 1 winning season in his first 6 seasons. It's not like he started off as the GOAT. It took him quite a while and during his 2nd stint as head coach before he was considered a great head coach.

Yes, having a great head coach is ideal, but saying we need to find Belichick-like coaches is like saying we need to find Brady-like QBs or James Brown-like 

Yep, we've learned the past few days that the absolute best we can do is get rid of Tiger Teeth.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 05:29 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I take offense to this. I don't cream my pants over any man other than Brad Pitt in the 2009 thriller "Fight Club". And Joe Burrow. 

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

TBF, you aren't creaming your pants; that was moreso for the tons of Twitter people and pundits who have lost their minds over the coaching performance.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 05:31 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No problem. Bill Belichick-like coaches are sooooooooooooooooooo easy to find, right? Rolleyes Also, after Bill's first 3 seasons, his record was 20-28. Hell, he had 1 winning season in his first 6 seasons. It's not like he started off as the GOAT. It took him quite a while and during his 2nd stint as head coach before he was considered a great head coach.

Once upon a time, we had a choice for Bill Walsh.  Cry
[Image: 636324394124931191-Bill-Walsh2.jpg?width...&auto=webp]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote

I agree with your point of "yeah, lets just go get a Bill Belichick".

That said, your point of early record and first 6 seasons... he was with the Browns. 20-28 with the Browns is like 40-8 with a real team.  Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 05:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I agree with your point of "yeah, lets just go get a Bill Belichick".

That said, your point of early record and first 6 seasons... he was with the Browns. 20-28 with the Browns is like 40-8 with a real team.  Ninja

[Image: HOF_plaque.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Well, Bill Bellicheck is not coming through that door..
Reply/Quote
Ah good idea, can’t believe nobody ever thought of us getting our own Bill B….they grow on trees so do us a favor and run out to your back yard and grab one for us ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Hoody is also showing a rebuild can quickly occur.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 05:15 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I was reminded of this when we took a timeout during a freaking TWO POINT CONVERSION then a delay of game then a missed XP.

Clown show.

Last year the Pats lost to the Seahawks because Bill did not use a timeout at the end of the game properly.

Not saying that Taylor is anywhere close to Belichick as a coach, but it is silly to act like Taylor is the only one that makes these type of mistakes.
Reply/Quote

How can you not be impressed by what Belichick has done in a Yr or so since Brady left? That D is stout as hell and his two star CBs are undrafted Free Agents!  Then he goes out and drafts a a perfect game manager type of QB like Mac Jones also has these impressive RBs like Stevenson that are mid rounders not to memtkon that moose FB and the O line is top tier....he built it for December /Jan football. They look to be headed deep into the playoffs and not looking into rear view mirrow anymore on losing GOAT.     
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 05:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We should make the Pats give us Belichek

Get that done b. We're counting on you.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote