Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Callahan a no go
Sounds like it Allen put a end to the mystery. Too bad. Would have softened the blow from losing Pollack.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/25/redskins-bengals-bill-callahan-blocked-zac-taylor/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Saw that the other day, and thought it was interesting that Allen said Callahan should be back instead of would be back.

Just have to wait and see what decision they make when the time comes.
Reply/Quote
Sherman would be just as good if not better
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 12:25 AM)jj22 Wrote: Sounds like it Allen put a end to the mystery. Too bad. Would have softened the blow from losing Pollack.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/25/redskins-bengals-bill-callahan-blocked-zac-taylor/

And Kirk said Marvin wasn't going any where.  If Bill really wants to join his son here, it would be a dick move to stop him.  My guess is no one has asked and people are speculating.  Let's wait and see until it's official.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 12:03 PM)Stewy Wrote: And Kirk said Marvin wasn't going any where.  If Bill really wants to join his son here, it would be a dick move to stop him.  My guess is no one has asked and people are speculating.  Let's wait and see until it's official.

That whole blocking thing has never made much sense to me.  How happy is a guy gonna be if you're forcing him to work for you when he wants to go somewhere else?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 12:28 PM)McC Wrote: That whole blocking thing has never made much sense to me.  How happy is a guy gonna be if you're forcing him to work for you when he wants to go somewhere else?

This can also be a ploy by the skins to try and get some compensation.  I think they obviously know he will bolt to the Bengals job next year.  They may ask for a 7th rounder or something.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 01:24 PM)Whatever Wrote: This can also be a ploy by the skins to try and get some compensation.  I think they obviously know he will bolt to the Bengals job next year.  They may ask for a 7th rounder or something.

Sound logical.  Guess it wouldn't be the first time.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 12:03 PM)Stewy Wrote: And Kirk said Marvin wasn't going any where.  If Bill really wants to join his son here, it would be a dick move to stop him.  My guess is no one has asked and people are speculating.  Let's wait and see until it's official.

It was also a dick move when we stopped Vance Joseph from taking a big promotion elsewhere. I'm not saying it's right, just saying it depends on the team. Some of them are dicks. Plus Bill is a fantastic o-line coach that really did great work in Washington. I'm sure they aren't thrilled with the thought of losing him. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 01:24 PM)Whatever Wrote: This can also be a ploy by the skins to try and get some compensation.  I think they obviously know he will bolt to the Bengals job next year.  They may ask for a 7th rounder or something.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they wanted compensated for letting him leave. If that's the case, we should have 3 6th round comp picks. I would gladly give one of those for Callahan.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 02:45 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Sherman would be just as good if not better

Both are great Line coaches, i think Sherman would be the next man up if Bill is a no go.

(01-26-2019, 02:05 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I wouldn't be at all surprised if they wanted compensated for letting him leave. If that's the case, we should have 3 6th round comp picks. I would gladly give one of those for Callahan.

Same here Holic.

Comp picks, lol. I think one of them worked out in the last draft, but not many over the course of the years.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 03:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Both are great Line coaches, i think Sherman would be the next man up if Bill is a no go.

Same here Holic.

Comp picks, lol. I think one of them worked out in the last draft, but not many over the course of the years.

I say we give them a 7th round pick, and 2 Offensive Tackles of our choosing.....
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 04:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I say we give them a 7th round pick, and 2 Offensive Tackles of our choosing.....

Let me guess which 2 lol
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 04:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Let me guess which 2 lol

Whitworth and Zeitler.

Oh wait......

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 09:44 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Whitworth and Zeitler.

Oh wait......

Whew! For a moment I thought you might suggest trading away our best bench warmer(s) Ogbuihi and his partner in crime, Fisher..  Good thing cooler heads prevailed! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 04:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I say we give them a 7th round pick, and 2 Offensive Tackles of our choosing.....

The funny part is, we only have one offensive tackle, currently on the team.  

Talk about giving the new regime a "blank slate" to work with..  ThumbsUp

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 12:28 PM)McC Wrote: That whole blocking thing has never made much sense to me.  How happy is a guy gonna be if you're forcing him to work for you when he wants to go somewhere else?

Called doing what is best for your company and not setting a bad precedent.  Example I sign a 2 year contract the company has invested in me, then into my 2nd year i want to leave, well first you signed a contract and second timing the company has missed out on other hires. Simple answer is that person or company that wants him should offer to buy out the contract .
Reply/Quote
As each day goes by without an OL coach, it's another day closer to...
THE RETURN OF PAUL ALEXANDER!!!
:paul:
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2019, 03:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: As each day goes by without an OL coach, it's another day closer to...
THE RETURN OF PAUL ALEXANDER!!!
:paul:

If I didn’t like your posts I would suggest the mods drop the ban hammer on you for merely raising the thought!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 12:25 AM)jj22 Wrote: Sounds like it Allen put a end to the mystery. Too bad. Would have softened the blow from losing Pollack.

hmmm well can always trade for him if need be
Reply/Quote
I don't think this story is over yet.

Reply/Quote