Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Lazor As Next Bengals Head Coach ?
(12-05-2017, 05:00 AM)kevin Wrote: Stop and think before you say no.....Zampese offense in 2016 and start of 2017 was awful.  Bill Lazor since week 3 seems to know what he is doing.  I've heard announcers Jon Gruden and Tony Romo and others very impressed by the improvements and play calling under Lazor. ....Bengals once could have made Bill Walsh the head coach when Paul Brown left but they didn't.....This Lazor at age 45 might just be the guy.  I know he has only been with Bengals since week 3, but maybe that's in his favor.

Bill Lazor is only good for the first half it seems
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 05:17 AM)kevin Wrote: RIGHT.....Hue isn't going to win a game this year and is setting a record for a head coach with most losses his first 2 years.....So this pathetic loser fired by Raiders and Browns needs to be in Cincinnati....In that case, just sign Marvin Lewis to a lifetime contract, because Marvin is better than Hue. 

This Lazor may be an offensive type like Paul Brown, Bill Walsh, Forrest Gregg, Sam Wyche or Jay Gruden....but I don't want Hue or Zampese back here. 

Why Bengals fans think Hue is a great coach is amazingly Bengalized, and BRownized and Ohioized.  

I'd take Jay Gruden over Hue...

Id look at hue as a OC maybe if lazor goes...  but no way to you hand him the reigns.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:17 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Hue’s path is to come back as an OC and Marvin stays one more year.

I really think Mike will make a push for McDaniels.   Then after that the fallback options are marvin or Pauly.

I don't think Marvin wants to come back. He's beat down.
Reply/Quote
I heard Ben McAdoo is available.

Nervous Popcorn

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:59 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We scored 3 points in the 2nd half against the Steelers. 3!!! After 17 in the 1st half.

He seems to go away from what works.

We need to fire everyone associated with this team. EVERYONE!

Is it possible to hire a quality coach who has never even heard of the Bengals?  If so then that's the guy I want.  That's how little I want anyone who has ever been associated with this crapfest.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:23 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't think Marvin wants to come back. He's beat down.

I don’t think marvin wants to coach any longer. He only comes back out of necessity. But honestly the bengals will be the best open job out there on the market.

I really think we could get McDaniels even wouldn’t cost a lot. With Tobin in place and our roster where it’s at we are close.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 09:25 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I'm not willing to pin that on Lazor. Disappearing for halves at a time is sure sign of a Marvin coached team.

A few Dolphins fans I know called it "Pulling a Lazor" 
Reply/Quote
If Vance Joesph gets fired, he might land here.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 05:00 AM)kevin Wrote: Stop and think before you say no.....Zampese offense in 2016 and start of 2017 was awful.  Bill Lazor since week 3 seems to know what he is doing.  I've heard announcers Jon Gruden and Tony Romo and others very impressed by the improvements and play calling under Lazor. ....Bengals once could have made Bill Walsh the head coach when Paul Brown left but they didn't.....This Lazor at age 45 might just be the guy.  I know he has only been with Bengals since week 3, but maybe that's in his favor.

Outside of the first two games, the Bengals are averaging 19.6 points a game. Which is literally only .7 higher than what they are now.
They've only scored 3 offensive touchdowns two times this year. Both times were against the Browns.

Still have one of the lowest ranking offenses in the NFL. Overall, points, passing, and rushing. All bottom 10.

Only top 10 thing about the team on offense is passing touchdowns. IN which, they are tied for the 10th spot.

In weeks 7-11, a 4 game stretch, the Bengals did not have 100 rushing yards in the 2nd half. Combining ALL 4 games, the Bengals did not have 100 rushing yards.
And Andy Dalton was their leading rusher.

The Bengals average 3.4 YPC. The ONLY player above a 3.3 YPC in Gio Bernard with a 4.2. And he only has 10 more carries than Jeremy Hill. And Hill hasn't played since October.

The Bengals average 5.9 points in the 2nd half. Worst in the NFL. Lazor's offense has been held scoreless in the second half in two games. And has been held without a touchdown in 4 of his 10 games in the second half.

Lazor cannot adjust at half-time. Even the Steelers coaches made that remark last night. They said the biggest difference in BOTH games was adjusting to what the Bengals did in the first half. And Lazor can't adjust.

Sure. One could say "Well he didn't have Eifert!". But the Bengals have offensive pieces.

Heck. There's been times pointed out that he has two receiving routes literally in the same area. That happened on the last 3rd down last night. Gio and Kroft were in the same area and only 3 yards apart down the field.

Lazor isn't good and needs to go as well. And you can tell I thought about this.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:17 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I really think Mike will make a push for McDaniels. 

He will NEVER get him. Zero chance. He has a better chance of getting Vince Lombardi to be HC here.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
No reputable coach will come here without a written guarantee in the contract that the ownership will not interfere in the operation of the team and that the coach decides which players are obtained (draft and free agency) and who plays.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 09:46 PM)Joelist Wrote: No reputable coach will come here without a written guarantee in the contract that the ownership will not interfere in the operation of the team and that the coach decides which players are obtained (draft and free agency) and who plays.

At the start of each HC interview, Mike should just toss these on the table and ask: "Get the picture?"

[Image: hh-2010.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 05:17 AM)kevin Wrote: This Lazor may be an offensive type like Paul Brown, Bill Walsh, Forrest Gregg, Sam Wyche or Jay Gruden....but I don't want Hue or Zampese back here. 

First off, if your selling it this hard, tell us why you believe what you stated the above? You have some very awesome names up there and before I give you the time of day in this hope of yours, you're going to have to make me/we believe? Sell it!

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 05:00 AM)kevin Wrote: Stop and think before you say no.....

no
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 08:51 PM)Utts Wrote: He will NEVER get him. Zero chance. He has a better chance of getting Vince Lombardi to be HC here.

Bengals job will be the best job open.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:33 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Bengals job will be the best job open.

I don't think that matters. He doesn't have to rush into a HC spot, especially not one where he'd be setup to fail. He will have plenty of options over the next few years. Who knows, he could wind up HC in New England.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:34 PM)Utts Wrote: I don't think that matters. He doesn't have to rush into a HC spot, especially not one where he'd be setup to fail. He will have plenty of options over the next few years. Who knows, he could wind up HC in New England.

He could. He could also be passed over for someone like Saban.

Bengals job provides job security and a proven personnel department that drafts talent consistently.

Who knows if he leaves. I’m just saying the bengals job is a.good one .
Reply/Quote
If you want to know if the 2nd half struggles are Lazor's fault, just look at his tenure here and compare it to his 27 game stint as Dolphins OC:

With Dolphins: 10.1 points in first half, 12.6 points in second half
With Bengals: 14.2 points in first half, 6.8 points in second half

Seems he got better in the 2nd half in Miami and gets (far) worse in the 2nd half here.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 09:46 PM)Joelist Wrote: No reputable coach will come here without a written guarantee in the contract that the ownership will not interfere in the operation of the team and that the coach decides which players are obtained (draft and free agency) and who plays.

Very few coaches in the NFL have that power.  I don't know why you think it would be a necessity here.
Reply/Quote

Horsehockey. There are 32 of these HC jobs IN THE WORLD. The only reason a prospective HC would turn this one down is for a better one. Most teams looking for new coaches need a rebuild. This team is close in talent, what it needs is new coaching. This would be a dream job. You come in an immediately have a top 10 QB (Dalton haters can argue, but I believe he is top 10), a top 2 receiver, All Pro Defensive tackle, a shiny brand new running back who many say was the best all around back in the draft, a stable of 1st rounders in you cornerback position, a tight end who is top 5 (if he can ever stay healthy, but an up and coming replacement on the field now).... a good coach here could be deep in the playoffs within a year....
Reply/Quote