Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Lazor needs to be fired
I admit I was disappointed in the lack of real adjustment in the playbook to losing all the TEs. Part of it was we couldn't hide the bad OL any longer but part of it was not really embracing power running - which among other things would have required a fullback.

That said, he did lead the charge in getting rid of Piano Man and as others have noted the offense has shown the exact same tendencies under multiple coordinators and even QBs. It does make you wonder if Marvin was pulling strings to some extent.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I felt Lazor overall did a nice job, name another team that was effective without their top te majority of seadon then lose all pro WR And OB for a good amount of season, have a line with 1 returning starter and be effective. As for Mixon he lead afc in rushi g attempts so was not under used
Reply/Quote
When Zimmer was our DC, I was worried every off season that he'd be signed away. And then he was and I was really sad.

I felt the same way about Hue as our OC and Gruden as our OC.

I felt, to some extent, that way about Vance Joseph, but more as a new DC rather than a new HC.

I don't feel that way about Lazor at all. I wouldn't be absolutely devastated if he remained our OC, but I would definitely prefer he be fired.

He's absolutely NOTHING special.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 07:11 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Bill Lazor knew Ross couldn't catch anything past 20 yrds except for that lucky pre-season game, thus he had to put AJ Green to catch slant passes which helped us get those first downs with the help of Boyd who also was instrumental in moving the chains and putting in us in the red zone to conveniently and finally give lazy bones Ross a chance to catch an easy TD.

Lazor is an OK coach, and fortunately, not as bad as Bratkowski. Still wondering why Hart and the other penalty churner got to play as much as they did though.

Of the four passes over 20 yards, Ross had two of them.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 07:03 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If we're going to clean house, Bill Lazor should be fired.

IMO, he was the second biggest disappointment (first being Teryl Austin) from a coaching staff perspective. I know this team had injuries, but his offense was just bad and sometimes head scratching. Time after time this team would throw on first down, get an incompletion, and then run the ball on second down. His offense was as predictable as Brat's from years back.

His lack of creativity involving Ross in the offense, especially when AJ went down, was inexcusable. There were times during games and during the season when Joe Mixon seemed to disappear.

This team only had four passing plays over 20 yards this year for Pete's sake. Thats inexcusable with guys like Green and Ross on your team.

Im just not impressed with Lazor and its baffling how hes being interviewed as a head coach candidate.

Holy Sh$t! Only 4 passing plays over 20 damn yards????? Did I read that correct.....I knew we had an historically bad D but damn, our Offense couldn't have finished much better. That's insane. Smh smh
Reply/Quote
When we scored 126 points in our first four games it seemed like Lazor was our savior, but we really were not playing that well on offense. We scored 34 points against the Colts, but only gained 330 yards. And after playing one of the best halves of football I have ever seen from a Bengals team our offense disappeared in the second half against the Ravens.

Still it all seemed great after having the worst offense in the entire league in '17. But our offense was never really that impressive. Even when we were 5-3 at the halfway point with a healthy Dalton and Green our offense was 18th in yards gained.
Reply/Quote
Lazor came out of the gate hot this year, but his offense really faltered once injuries to Green and Eifert hit. I'm not sure Lazor is that good at adjusting with new personnel. I wouldn't be opposed to Hue being OC again but only if the new HC was also in support of that. I don't want the Bengals FO dictating who stays and who goes, it should be the HC's decision.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 12:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Lazor came out of the gate hot this year, but his offense really faltered once injuries to Green and Eifert hit. I'm not sure Lazor is that good at adjusting with new personnel. I wouldn't be opposed to Hue being OC again but only if the new HC was also in support of that. I don't want the Bengals FO dictating who stays and who goes, it should be the HC's decision.

Im going to go ahead and agree with this. He just cant make adjustments. How many times do you remember over the past 2 years where we would score points on the opening drive and them falter the rest of the game when the scripted plays/drives were done with? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Dump Lazor,Hue as OC,Marv as DC,Mike McCarthy as HC.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 12:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When we scored 126 points in our first four games it seemed like Lazor was our savior, but we really were not playing that well on offense.  We scored 34 points against the Colts, but only gained 330 yards.  And after playing one of the best halves of football I have ever seen from a Bengals team our offense disappeared in the second half against the Ravens.

Still it all seemed great after having the worst offense in the entire league in '17.  But our offense was never really that impressive.  Even when we were 5-3 at the halfway point with a healthy Dalton and Green our offense was 18th in yards gained.

that's the thing with Lazor he had some great halves but I don't remember an entire great game.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 04:06 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Dump Lazor,Hue as OC,Marv as DC,Mike McCarthy as HC.

I hope like hell you're joking......
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 04:06 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Dump Lazor,Hue as OC,Marv as DC,Mike McCarthy as HC.

I cant think of 1 example that has a HC taking a lesser position on the same team..

If we want marvin as DC he will be HC/DC like the later part of this past season.
Reply/Quote
Firing seems a bit harsh. Maybe the team could just censure him. Or give him a less desirable parking space.
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 06:33 PM)Toy Cannon Wrote: Firing seems a bit harsh.  Maybe the team could just censure him.  Or give him a less desirable parking space.

Preferably in another city. 

Hue wouldn't be a bad choice for OC in a vacuum.  But, for the good of the franchise, he has to leave and stay gone.  Having him here is too much of a temptation for Mike to eventually make him HC.  I badly want to hear the news that Hue was hired elsewhere for whatever. 

No other team in the league would even consider him as their HC. Williams and Kitchens made him look really bad by turning it around the second he left. They doomed any chance he ever had at another HC gig.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Fire Lazor and then fire the guy that fired him!!
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 07:03 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If we're going to clean house, Bill Lazor should be fired.

IMO, he was the second biggest disappointment (first being Teryl Austin) from a coaching staff perspective. I know this team had injuries, but his offense was just bad and sometimes head scratching. Time after time this team would throw on first down, get an incompletion, and then run the ball on second down. His offense was as predictable as Brat's from years back.

His lack of creativity involving Ross in the offense, especially when AJ went down, was inexcusable. There were times during games and during the season when Joe Mixon seemed to disappear.

This team only had four passing plays over 20 yards this year for Pete's sake. Thats inexcusable with guys like Green and Ross on your team.

Im just not impressed with Lazor and its baffling how hes being interviewed as a head coach candidate.
Agreed, we gave him a chance, time to move on before he ruins our Offense.

Dalton and Green were one of the biggest play QB/WR combos in the NFL before the last couple years. To only have 4 passing plays over 20 yards is just mind boggling with these guys even if the O-line sucked.

(01-01-2019, 07:07 PM)Big Boss Wrote: If he's a casualty of the regime change, so be it. Injuries or not, he's done nothing to show that he's too valuable to let go. Let the new HC pick his guy.
Yep, let the new HC pick all his coaches, this is the only way someone can have complete control over their team and become something like a Belicheck.

Wouldn't surprise me if the new HC kept Van Pelt and Pollack here, actually would be surprised if the new HC moved on from them.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 10:25 PM)Joelist Wrote: I admit I was disappointed in the lack of real adjustment in the playbook to losing all the TEs. Part of it was we couldn't hide the bad OL any longer but part of it was not really embracing power running - which among other things would have required a fullback.

That said, he did lead the charge in getting rid of Piano Man and as others have noted the offense has shown the exact same tendencies under multiple coordinators and even QBs. It does make you wonder if Marvin was pulling strings to some extent.

Great point there Joelist.
Reply/Quote
Bill Lazor is better than Ken Zampese. That’s all I have to say about that.
Reply/Quote
Even before the injuries there were some questionable games. 10 Points versus the Chiefs terrible defense with a healthy Dalton , Green, Boyd and Mixon. The second half of the Tampa game was embarrassing went 3 and out the entire second half until the final drive. Eifert getting injured hurt the offense but people act like Lazor built the entire offense around just the TE position which is crazy considering Eifert's injury history. Uzomah was serviceable this season people were acting like we had Daniel Coats playing tight end with all the injuries. The offensive line was a problem , I think Lazor is ok at best. If we bring in a new offensive minded head coach he will want to bring in his own coaches to implement his own system.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 12:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When we scored 126 points in our first four games it seemed like Lazor was our savior, but we really were not playing that well on offense.  We scored 34 points against the Colts, but only gained 330 yards.  And after playing one of the best halves of football I have ever seen from a Bengals team our offense disappeared in the second half against the Ravens.

Still it all seemed great after having the worst offense in the entire league in '17.  But our offense was never really that impressive.  Even when we were 5-3 at the halfway point with a healthy Dalton and Green our offense was 18th in yards gained.

When you look at Erickson's return numbers, it makes it realistic to argue that had some effect on the yards.  Maybe that's why the points scored didn't match up with points scored.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote