Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Lazor to Washington
Looks like Bill Lazor will potentially be the QB coach in Washington. If this happens Dalton being dealt could be more of a possibility. Think Gruden would overpay for him. I would take a 2nd and 3rd for him. That would give us plenty to trade up in the 1st.
Reply/Quote
Scenarios like these are a pipe dream usually, but we can't pretend that Jay Gruden isn't on the hot seat. He will be looking for an NFL ready QB. Doesn't have to be Dalton.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 06:17 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Looks like Bill Lazor will potentially be the QB coach in Washington.  If this happens Dalton being dealt could be more of a possibility. Think Gruden would overpay for him.  I would take a 2nd and 3rd for him.  That would give us plenty to trade up in the 1st.

Honestly, if I were fielding trade offers for Dalton, it's a 1st round pick or nothing.  You'd be giving them a proven, day one starter.  I'd take that over an unproven college player in a weak draft class.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 06:17 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Looks like Bill Lazor will potentially be the QB coach in Washington.  If this happens Dalton being dealt could be more of a possibility. Think Gruden would overpay for him.  I would take a 2nd and 3rd for him.  That would give us plenty to trade up in the 1st.

Yeah, right, the Redskins only gave Alex Smith $71 million GUARANTEED on his contract last year.  I am sure they are ready to walk away from that.  I mean they would only have $42 million dead cap space this year.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 06:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, right, the Redskins only gave Alex Smith $71 million GUARANTEED on his contract last year.  I am sure they are ready to walk away from that.  I mean they would only have $42 million dead cap space this year.

Alex Smith's career is in doubt after his recent injury. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 06:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, right, the Redskins only gave Alex Smith $71 million GUARANTEED on his contract last year.  I am sure they are ready to walk away from that.  I mean they would only have $42 million dead cap space this year.

(01-30-2019, 06:55 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Alex Smith's career is in doubt after his recent injury. 

Yeah Fred, you're a bit behind on the news. It's already looking pretty guaranteed that Smith won't play in 2019 already, assuming he ever plays again.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I would require a first round pick for Dalton, personally Wink
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 06:55 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Alex Smith's career is in doubt after his recent injury. 

(01-30-2019, 07:08 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah Fred, you're a bit behind on the news. It's already looking pretty guaranteed that Smith won't play in 2019 already, assuming he ever plays again.

He's not retiring and his contract is Guranteed even if he did so no matter what the Redskins can't aquire a QB unless they find a third team that would be willing to take on his contract.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I'm sure they'll now overpay for Andy. He finished 15th, 17th, and 26th in passer rating while working will Lazor
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 07:21 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He's not retiring and his contract is Guranteed even if he did so no matter what the Redskins can't aquire a QB unless they find a third team that would be willing to take on his contract.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here ? It's already been stated it's highly doubtful Smith will play next season. Like Leonarleap said who knows if he'll ever be able to return ?

It's not about Smith's contract, they're not going to play without a QB and I doubt they're going to run some PS player out there.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 06:17 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Looks like Bill Lazor will potentially be the QB coach in Washington. If this happens Dalton being dealt could be more of a possibility. Think Gruden would overpay for him. I would take a 2nd and 3rd for him. That would give us plenty to trade up in the 1st.

They are in a pretty tight spot with Alex Smith's contract but they need a QB and Dalton is proven in the NFL.

1st round pick or nothing for Dalton, his numbers and regular season success would dictate this IMO.
Reply/Quote

He interviewed....so did Ken Zampese

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 07:38 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here ? It's already been stated it's highly doubtful Smith will play next season. Like Leonarleap said who knows if he'll ever be able to return ?

It's not about Smith's contract, they're not going to play without a QB and I doubt they're going to run some PS player out there.

The only way they can aquire a QB under is by draft; they can't trade for Dalton because Smith money is guaranteed for the next two years. For example they can't cut him because it would cost them 50 million in cap space next season.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/redskins-have-no-real-options-deal-alex-smiths-2019-salary
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Why would Bengals trade a 3 time pro bowl QB for a second round pick?

A first and 2nd round pick should be minimum to get Bengal's attention, otherwise have them pound salt.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 06:17 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote:  If this happens Dalton being dealt could be more of a possibility. 

Dalton isn't going anywhere. Duke already said Andy is going to be a big part of 2019 as the Bengals QB.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 07:43 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: The only way they can aquire a QB under is by draft; they can't trade for Dalton because Smith money is guaranteed for the next two years. For example they can't cut him because it would cost them 50 million in cap space next season.

36.6 mil dead cap 2019 but you have to remember while that sucks for the salary cap that money doesnt actually leave the owners pocket and Alex Smith doesnt get anything.

I wonder if they could restructure lower the cap hit and give him a big chunk of money as a bonus plus injury settlement.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 07:48 PM)Synric Wrote: 36.6 mil dead cap 2019 but you have to remember while that sucks for the salary cap that money doesnt actually leave the owners pocket.

I wonder if they could restructure lower the cap hit and give him a big chunk of money as a bonus plus injury settlement.

Smart owners always find ways.  Then again, this IS Dan Snider we're talking about.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 07:43 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: The only way they can aquire a QB under is by draft; they can't trade for Dalton because Smith money is guaranteed for the next two years. For example they can't cut him because it would cost them 50 million in cap space next season.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/redskins-have-no-real-options-deal-alex-smiths-2019-salary

Sounds like they're pretty screwed
Reply/Quote
Washington will find away if need be. They've been way over the cap many of times. It really depends if Washington feels they have enough of a team to contend. If they think there in rebuilding mode no way they make a deal.
Reply/Quote
Just can't see the benefit of trading Andy and leaving the brand new HC with no QB for his first year. How could a new coach ever agree to that? So now you HAVE TO draft a QB or sign some scrub who has already proven not to be a legit starter to try to be your starter. What a way to start a new regime.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote