Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billings?
Any word on Billings? I assume rehab is going well for them to finally let Peko go. I don't think they kicked tires on any DT's either. So are these good signs.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 07:15 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Any word on Billings? I assume rehab is going well for them to finally let Peko go. I don't think they kicked tires on any DT's either. So are these good signs.

I have no news on Billings. But, I like the idea of Peko moving on. Now, if Rey Maualuga would do the same...
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 09:31 PM)Derrick Wrote: I have no news on Billings. But, I like the idea of Peko moving on. Now, if Rey Maualuga would do the same...

If we take Foster you can say buh bye to Rey. I hope Whatever
Reply/Quote
He was healthy during the season. The team just didn't want to use IR return on him because it was going to be like week 12.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 09:49 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: He was healthy during the season. The team just didn't want to use IR return on him because it was going to be like week 12.

Really! Didn't know that. That's awesome. It was an ACL right.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't get our hopes up for Foster. I would like the pick too but I just don't see them taking a LB at #9.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 10:06 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Really! Didn't know that. That's awesome. It was an ACL right.

Not even.  It was just a torn meniscus.  Very painful, but once healed, he should be as good as new.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 10:08 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I wouldn't get our hopes up for Foster. I would like the pick too but I just don't see them taking a LB at #9.

Well if Thomas isn't there, I'd like for us to trade down and take Taco, but otherwise Foster is my guy at #9. The image of Burfict and Foster for opposing teams is scary.
Reply/Quote
Seems I recall reading Mr Owczarski say in the ask Jim thread that Billings was being pushed around by the second team OL in camp.

Hopefully maybe he was already injured a little at the time and becomes the beast we all think he will be. .

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 11:02 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Seems I recall reading Mr Owczarski say in the ask Jim thread that Billings was being pushed around by the second team OL in camp.

Hopefully maybe he was already injured a little at the time and becomes the beast we all think he will be. .

I thought I read somewhere that he wasn't living up to expectations before he got hurt.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully we don't see the sequal to Ogbuehi in Billings.

Coming off of a major injury? - check.

Unknown prospect? - check.

Basically the only viable option unless someone comes out of nowhere. - check.

I'm thrilled we have Billings but if we can't stop the run we are sitting on the outside of the post-season looking in again.
Reply/Quote
I hope he does good but I'm nervous about him with no experience. But Peko was not the answer either.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 12:18 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Hopefully we don't see the sequal to Ogbuehi in Billings.

Coming off of a major injury? - check.

Unknown prospect? - check.

Basically the only viable option unless someone comes out of nowhere. - check.

I'm thrilled we have Billings but if we can't stop the run we are sitting on the outside of the post-season looking in again.

We'll probably take a big space eater in the fourth or fifth, maybe even earlier if it falls the right way.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I really wanted the kid Pitt picked. I think his name is Hargreaves. But I was pleasantly surprised we got Billings when we did. Hope he pans out.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 07:15 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Any word on Billings? I assume rehab is going well for them to finally let Peko go. I don't think they kicked tires on any DT's either. So are these good signs.

(03-17-2017, 09:49 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: He was healthy during the season. The team just didn't want to use IR return on him because it was going to be like week 12.
http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/bengals-andrew-billings-progressing-in-recovery-from-knee-injury/amp/
Found this from a month ago.....
Seems like he should be in football shape by the time it rolls around.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 12:23 AM)magikod Wrote: I hope he does good but I'm nervous about him with no experience. But Peko was not the answer either.

This is exactly why I said we should sign Peko to one more one year deal.... Billings has yet to take an NFL snap. He could be a giant powerful cupcake for all we know....
Reply/Quote
I think Billings will be fine..Peko is gone and as much as the city loved the Big Uso, he wasn't so effective anymore..I'm not really worried about DT because we have Brandon Thompson and Fat Pat Sims waiting in the wings..Both of whom are at least as productive as Peko was. Oh yeah we still got DeShawn Williams too..Yeah, wont lose much sleep over this one.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 10:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: This is exactly why I said we should sign Peko to one more one year deal.... Billings has yet to take an NFL snap. He could be a giant powerful cupcake for all we know....

peko has been terrible lately, i think anyone could do better than him  Hilarious
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 03:56 AM)Jpoore Wrote: http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/bengals-andrew-billings-progressing-in-recovery-from-knee-injury/amp/
Found this from a month ago.....
Seems like he should be in football shape by the time it rolls around.

A link at the bottom of that story to one that just came out two days ago:

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/bengals-andrew-billings-recovered-in-full/
Reply/Quote
Isn't Billins still like 16 years old? The kid has a lot of work to do but unlimited raw talent and his age is why he dropped in the draft...I think he will be just fine once he hits the field..He will probably be a monster in TC against our OL...LOL
Reply/Quote