Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Billings Video
I have mentioned how much I liked this young man's interview at a Bengals Line last year. He talked about his role being one to "take on double-teams so my guys can eat". I had scouted him a great deal coming out of Baylor.

One line early in this video was a reference to a quote from one of his coaches. He said Billings has the potential to be better than Aaron Donald because he is just as quick, but stronger. (Chills).

Just thought this might fire up the family a bit as we wait for camp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P56tSNx5jVk&t=48s
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The play he makes on Boykin (at 1:35) is flat-out amazing for a man of his size. Later, he chases down a small WR or RB from behind! Hilarious!
Reply/Quote
He looked like a man among boys in a couple of those. He was clearly bigger than the rest haha. I can't wait until he gets to play.
Reply/Quote
BILLINGS!!!!!! I have been crazy pumped for this kid and he was the guy I wanted in round 1 last year. Can't wait to see him on the field, he can do anything you ask of a DT. He's gonna be special
Reply/Quote
Makes you wonder how he fell to the 4th round.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Well, the team did alright a few years ago with another DT drafted in the 4th round.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
Yes that does get you excited!! I was impressed with him running down RB! Big Guy can move!!
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2017, 11:28 AM)jj22 Wrote: Makes you wonder how he fell to the 4th round.

He isn't an ideal scheme fit for most NFL teams.  Same thing happened to Grady Jarrett.  
Reply/Quote
Shocked

Still cannot believe we got my favorite college DT ever! Major reps SHRacer. Billings jumped off the field to me the
first time i watched him 4 or so years ago when he was like 18 years old. Like you said SHRacer he is so strong but
he is also extremely quick, he is a great run stopper, great, reminds me of Vince Wilfork in this respect.

But is also a very good pass rusher and as you see in this vid, is deceptively agile and fast for a man his size.

Seeing him chase down that WR from behind shows you how special this guy is.

Aaron Donald is also a bit similar as is Geno, he might not be there yet in the pass rush but go ahead and double
Geno and see what happens. It will be a mistake either way, these guys just need to stay healthy and we will have
the best DT duo in the NFL by far IMHO.

Rock On
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2017, 10:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote:  
One line early in this video was a reference to a quote from one of his coaches.  He said Billings has the potential to be better than Aaron Donald because he is just as quick, but stronger.  (Chills).

Yeah, I could live with that!  But Billings just has to be as good as or better than Peko to be considered a success this year, so his bar isn't that high.  And yes I liked Peko, but his production fell off hard the past few years.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2017, 11:28 AM)jj22 Wrote: Makes you wonder how he fell to the 4th round.

Like another DT that people said was too short to play DT?  (Hint: His first name rhymes with Keno)  Nervous
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2017, 11:46 AM)Mer Wrote: Well, the team did alright a few years ago with another DT drafted in the 4th round.

Beat me to it :)
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2017, 05:41 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Yeah, I could live with that!  But Billings just has to be as good as or better than Peko to be considered a success this year, so his bar isn't that high.  And yes I liked Peko, but his production fell off hard the past few years.

Synergy.  The fourth best player on the front four was just replaced with Billings, who shows stuff in that video that Peko couldn't have done against high schoolers.  Add in the fact that we got strong, fast DEs named Willis and Lawson that can rotate in for Dunlap and MJ and you have improved the front four significantly.  That will only help the best player (Atkins) have more opportunities.  
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2017, 12:38 PM)Nate Wrote: the best DT duo in the NFL by far IMHO.

Rock On

If Willis and Lawson can do what I think they can in comparison to MJ on pass rushing downs, we could have the best front four...

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote

Probly cause hes a little shorter than your prototypical DT...  I know it shouldn't mean much but it happens alot
Reply/Quote
I cannot wait until we get to see Billings in regular season action! On draft day, I yelled at the tv every round we didn't take him, lol. One of my favorite college players, ever.
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
OMG. Beast w wheels!
Reply/Quote
Makes you wonder how the hell he fell to the fourth round, but I'm glad he did!

I have no doubt in my mind that we'll have the best defensive front four in the league because Billings will be impossible to block one-on-one, especially on passing downs, because of needing to also double-team Atkins and having enough blockers to keep tabs on our ends (not to mention how much having fresh guys like Lawson and Willis will make it dangerous on offenses).

I love Billings because he's a big dude but moves almost like he's an end and can run stunts like twists with ease and agility, making it impossible for lines to scheme to block him and Atkins.

That video definitely gave me chills and I'm just more fired up for how good our defense will be!
Reply/Quote
definitely unblockable in these videos...however, these are against college lineman....albeit very very impressive.
I'm looking forward to seeing this kid turn our d line into a force again.
Reply/Quote
I hear you. Billing is going to be a force.

But don't forget about this guy.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote