Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Billings Video
(06-25-2017, 12:26 PM)Air Force 1 Wrote:  Look at these 3 plays:

3: 20 mark..Yeah, tell me he can't move

4:07 mark.. Remind you of anyone we already have?

5:37  mark..Dude is a bulldozer..A bulldozer who can move!

Domata Peko,,thanks for the memories

Andrew Billings, let make some new  and better ones!

Who-Dey !!

Yes!  And here is the amazing thing.  Andrew Billings just turned 22 in March, which means he was 21 when he was drafted.  The sky is the limit for this young man.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Man... He really looks like the real deal. Can someone remind me how he fell so far again?

I'm suddenly (cautiously) starting to feel optimistic about this upcoming season. We finally get to see some of our better draft picks (in my opinion) from last year in Billings and WJIII. We have some excellent new offensive weapons on offense. We cut some serious dead weight in Peko, Maulauga and especially, Mike Nugent. Our coordinators have another year under their belts... The only real issue I could see ruining this team is the offensive line.

If we can stay healthy, especially through the preseason and training camp, there's really no reason we should miss out on the playoffs.

Now with that said, the offensive line looks terrifying. And Marvin Lewis is still in charge. Any optimism for anything past the wild card round isn't realistic, IMO. But that doesn't mean we can't hope against hope, right?... Right??
Reply/Quote
I do wonder why/how they let him get to 330. They said he'll play at 320-325 but he was 311 and looking athletic at the combine. I'll be watching to see if he can still move with the extra weight.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2017, 06:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: I do wonder why/how they let him get to 330. They said he'll play at 320-325 but he was 311 and looking athletic at the combine. I'll be watching to see if he can still move with the extra weight.

That's a good question, but I bet with the rigors of camp, he will easily get to that target and just turned 22.  This guy doesn't carry bad weight and his ability to squat a small car only makes me think he is a perfect replacement for our NT.  
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2017, 03:30 PM)Pat5775 Wrote:
Man... He really looks like the real deal. Can someone remind me how he fell so far again?

I'm suddenly (cautiously) starting to feel optimistic about this upcoming season. We finally get to see some of our better draft picks (in my opinion) from last year in Billings and WJIII. We have some excellent new offensive weapons on offense. We cut some serious dead weight in Peko, Maulauga and especially, Mike Nugent. Our coordinators have another year under their belts... The only real issue I could see ruining this team is the offensive line.

If we can stay healthy, especially through the preseason and training camp, there's really no reason we should miss out on the playoffs.

Now with that said, the offensive line looks terrifying. And Marvin Lewis is still in charge. Any optimism for anything past the wild card round isn't realistic, IMO. But that doesn't mean we can't hope against hope, right?... Right??

Billings fell they said cause he is a shorter DT and was so young.

Doesn't really make sense to me cause the low man usually wins in the trenches and being so young he could be on
your team for a very long time. But it is what people said. Still don't understand it, would of picked him in the 1st round
ahead of WJ3 honestly, that is how high i was on the dude.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2017, 09:21 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Makes you wonder how the hell he fell to the fourth round, but I'm glad he did!

I have no doubt in my mind that we'll have the best defensive front four in the league because Billings will be impossible to block one-on-one, especially on passing downs, because of needing to also double-team Atkins and having enough blockers to keep tabs on our ends (not to mention how much having fresh guys like Lawson and Willis will make it dangerous on offenses).

I love Billings because he's a big dude but moves almost like he's an end and can run stunts like twists with ease and agility, making it impossible for lines to scheme to block him and Atkins.

That video definitely gave me chills and I'm just more fired up for how good our defense will be!

In this video Billings looked like every defensive tackle that played against the Bengals' OL last season. I agree I can't wait to see him play.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2017, 12:26 PM)Air Force 1 Wrote:  Look at these 3 plays:

3: 20 mark..Yeah, tell me he can't move

4:07 mark.. Remind you of anyone we already have?

5:37  mark..Dude is a bulldozer..A bulldozer who can move!

Domata Peko,,thanks for the memories

Andrew Billings, let make some new  and better ones!

Who-Dey !!

He is the exact type of DT i wanted to put next to Geno.

Made me mad all those years seeing no pass rush next to him. Have to be able to rush the passer sometimes.

Go ahead and double Atkins, Billings will win with only one guy on him.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2017, 05:17 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: It's funny, Boyd also had some first round grades....I mean, dude broke Larry Fitzgerald's records at pitt, and with a shitty QB.  He was the only one that get much time last year.  

Love the thought of a blitz with Lawson coming off SAM.  I know Paulie was given the task of coming up with some of the blitz packages for Zimmer, but it didn't appear to click with the personel we had at that time.  Now, I could see real options for him.  Of course, I have to say that I would love to see my guy Fej blitz from the safety position.  

I think Vigil will be a real asset this season.  Teams will not have time to challenge the Bengals down the field, so covering the check downs and TEs will be critical.  Burfict and Vigil in nickel sure sounds better than Vinny Rey and Maualuga.  I have to admit I almost threw a brick through my TV when they announced Vigil as the third round pick when Billings was still on the board, but I sobered up quickly when they got Billings a round later.  Kind of like what happened this year with Willis?!?!

Yeah Boyd is so versatile and has great hands, really happy we got him after we got Billings.

Same with WJ3 and Vigil, that draft could end up great just like this one could. Didn't expect Willis or Lawson to be there
when they were. Had mock's speaking of these guys in the 2nd round everywhere before the Draft.
Reply/Quote