Billings = Billings

It's tautological! :p

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2016, 02:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Billings = Jason Shirley

Oh that's low.

Reply/Quote
anyone who doubts billings at all will end up looking stupid by the end of this year. Ive watched a lot of tape on this guy and his pass rush is really good. The kid is super smart and motivated. Just like Atkins when he came in you can tell that he gives 100% even in practice.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Atkins and Billings will be chewing up offensive lines by the end of the season book it.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 11:46 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Im thinking youre wrong, and we will see Billings plenty this year. For a player like Billings its pretty simple. You tell the young man, once the ball is snapped you push that center or guard back right into the quarterbacks lap.

wish football was that easy but it is not.. you started doing that to my center or guard when I coached.. we would be trapping the hell out of you and running right by you.  I am not saying he can;t help the team but he will need to know the system also which I do think he will be able to do and be in on the rotation of our line this year though.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2016, 02:11 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I remember people calling him a bust. There were stories from Hobson and elsewhere about how the coaches were high on him, but you didn't see it until 2011 and 2012.

People just to conclusions. I mean, the same people said Otis Hudson (Guard) wasn't going to do anything for us, and they were actually right. I think the coaches liked him too, so there's no surefire way to tell. 

Back to Billings though, yeah he has some time. No need to rush - rotate him in some this year behind Peko and then next year he can be our "starter" though there will still be a lot of rotation with Brandon Thompson. If everyone is healthy then Sims likely won't make the 53 (IMO) unless we cut a DE instead (and Hardison Williams becomes a Gilberry type DE who plays some DT). 
The coaches liked him from the start. Zim called him "Taz" as in tazmanian devil. Their concern was that he would not hold up against the run.
Reply/Quote
He will be brought along like all the rookies have since Lewis .... slowly .... UNLESS he comes out of the gate like Geno and Lewis is forced to play him. Otherwise Peko will be on the field for the majority of the snaps.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 08:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As great as Billings' potential is, he is still a human being that has a few flaws in his game.  They will need to be developed out of him, but in time, I feel like he could be great.

http://http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2079903/andrew-billings

For sure.

I just think he will be better than Peko pretty much immediately cause Billings is a GREAT run stopper. He blows up running lanes.

Billings is already a better pass rusher than Peko, Sims and Thompson. I believe early on it will be Peko starting and Billings giving
him a breather but by midseason it will be the other way around. Billings will simply be better at both stopping the run and rushing
the passer. Geno will be doubled and Billings will show his freakness. Cannot double them both.

I wanted Andrew Billings more than any other player in this draft including Doctson at 24. To get him, William Jackson III, Tyler
Boyd and Chris Westerman is still baffling to me in a great way.

Cool
Reply/Quote
Lots of opinions. Put me with the group that thinks Billings will have a good impact this year.

Now those of us who thinks Billings will be good have to admit that a lot of NFL organizations didn't draft him for three and a half rounds. But I content myself with the fact that Geno was a fourth rounder.

I think Billings has amazing strength, and will be excellent at holding the point of attack, keep quarterbacks from stepping up, and setting up our defensive ends and Geno.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 08:03 PM)Thundercloud Wrote: Lots of opinions.  Put me with the group that thinks Billings will have a good impact this year.

Now those of us who thinks Billings will be good have to admit that a lot of NFL organizations didn't draft him for three and a half rounds.  But I content myself with the fact that Geno was a fourth rounder.

I think Billings has amazing strength, and will be excellent at holding the point of attack, keep quarterbacks from stepping up, and setting up our defensive ends and Geno.
Rock On

And that is just the thing, Peko hardly has ever done this for Geno...

He has done it don't get me wrong but i think that Billings can do this consistently with his strength.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 08:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Rock On

And that is just the thing, Peko hardly has ever done this for Geno...

Well, not according to Geno.... Geno says Peko is the reason he is so successful...
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2016, 08:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, not according to Geno.... Geno says Peko is the reason he is so successful...

Geno is far too gracious.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2016, 12:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Geno is far too gracious.

(I'm playing Fred today)

"Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer has stated his belief that Cincinnati Bengals defensive tackle Domata Peko, whom he coached when he was Bengals defensive coordinator, is one of the best that he has worked with in the position."

And coaches are smarter than all of you, duh.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2016, 12:48 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: (I'm playing Fred today)

"Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer has stated his belief that Cincinnati Bengals defensive tackle Domata Peko, whom he coached when he was Bengals defensive coordinator, is one of the best that he has worked with in the position."

Yes.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2016, 12:48 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: (I'm playing Fred today)

Well, there's a reason he's a Head Coach in the NFL and everyone here is not..... Tongue
Reply/Quote
Geno played in 16 games his rookie season, though he might have only taken about 1/3 of the snaps. He only had 10 tackles that year, which is less than half of what he's gotten every year since (minus the 2013 season when he was hurt).
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2016, 02:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Billings = Jason Shirley

I didn't know Billings played offensive line, was transitioning to defensive tackle, and had no success in that position in college.

Wow. Guess we were all thinking of a different Billings.

Certainly can't be thinking on the same guy who made 54% of his tackles last year at or behind the line of scrimmage.

Thanks for clearing that up.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Just for clarification, I was not meaning to run down Peko. He's been a great Bengal, and does some really good things out there. I was just saying that I think Billings brings unusual strength and athleticism to the position, and will fit into the rotation sooner rather than later.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2016, 03:09 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I didn't know Billings played offensive line, was transitioning to defensive tackle, and had no success in that position in college.

Wow. Guess we were all thinking of a different Billings.

Certainly can't be thinking on the same guy who made 54% of his tackles last year at or behind the line of scrimmage.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I just thought Fred was being sarcastic which is why i didn't respond to the post earlier.

If he was being serious Fred knows nothing about Billings. He consistently dominated interior OL's at Baylor
against big time competition, maybe not SEC, but much better than the likes of a San Jose State or somethin.

I could of seen the comparison if we drafted Hargrave like the Steelers did. Small school atleast.

Hargrave will be lots better than Shirley though i am sure.
Reply/Quote