Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bills/Bengals will NOT be resumed this week.
Per NFL.com
https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-announces-bills-bengals-game-will-not-be-resumed-this-week
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 04:00 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Per NFL.com
https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-announces-bills-bengals-game-will-not-be-resumed-this-week

It is the right call. This is a no win situation.

Prayers the young man survives and thrives in the future.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Agree with decision, also they can just look at winning percentage in division and conference to determine playoffs or they might wait to see how games go this weekend to determine if the Bills Bengals game will be that impacting to placement...
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 04:10 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Agree with decision, also they can just look at winning percentage in division and conference to determine playoffs or they might wait to see how games go this weekend to determine if the Bills Bengals game will be that impacting to placement...
It has huge implications no matter what happens week 18.

If Bengals lose to Ravens it would determine if Bengals win AFCN or not.

If Bengals win vs Ravens they are still in play for #2 seed. If Chiefs lose vs Raiders Bengals could capture home field advantage.

This is kicking the can down the road, even if it might be the right decision or now. 
Reply/Quote
If Chiefs lose and make this a discussion i think you’ve gotta award the seed to us do you? We were winning, we are the hotter team and best the Chiefs

A great option could be postponing the game until “week 19” and starting the wildcard a week late. Give us and the bills our own week where we are the only game playing.

It’s actually genius. This would make the league money for an extra week
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 04:32 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: It has huge implications no matter what happens week 18.

If Bengals win vs Ravens they are still in play for #2 seed. If Chiefs lose vs Raiders Bengals could capture home field advantage.

This is kicking the can down the road, even if it might be the right decision or now. 

If the game is not played and restarted, even if the Bengals lose to the Ravens, they would still win the North based on a better winning percentage.  
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 04:10 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Agree with decision, also they can just look at winning percentage in division and conference to determine playoffs or they might wait to see how games go this weekend to determine if the Bills Bengals game will be that impacting to placement...
I thnk you're on the right track. 

Around 11pm, I was told this game would be recorded as a NO CONTEST, and both the Bills and Bengals would be credited for 16-games and the higher winning % would be to determine playoff seeding.  
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 04:32 PM)Housh Wrote: If Chiefs lose and make this a discussion i think you’ve gotta award the seed to us do you? We were winning, we are the hotter team and best the Chiefs

A great option could be postponing the game until “week 19” and starting the wildcard a week late. Give us and the bills our own week where we are the only game playing.

I agree with you on this totally.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 04:32 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: It has huge implications no matter what happens week 18.

No it would not determine division, bengals have a 2 game lead... they will have a better record than Ravens.

Bengals i believe can still get the 2 seed if Bills lose and Bengals win.  they will be tied with record and conference record, not sure what 3rd tiebreaker is

KC wins Sat... mute point

The good thing about this no contest is it does not impact who makes the playoffs just where the seeds fall... 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 04:32 PM)Housh Wrote: If Chiefs lose and make this a discussion i think you’ve gotta award the seed to us do you? We were winning, we are the hotter team and best the Chiefs

While this would be my preferred solution, it's not doable. Stadiums, including security, are already scheduled. People have bought tickets and made travel arrangements. There is way more to reschedule than just the game. Cities may have conflicting events, etc. It's a nightmare.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 04:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: While this would be my preferred solution, it's not doable. Stadiums, including security, are already scheduled. People have bought tickets and made travel arrangements. There is way more to reschedule than just the game. Cities may have conflicting events, etc. It's a nightmare.

Well the game would be in Cincy so all you’d have to do is program the ticket machines to accept tickets dated 1/2/23.

Then if there was an event scheduled for Paycor that day the NFL would just have to buy out that event or Paycor would just reschedule it. The NFL game would take precedence because it’s a bigger money draw.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Waiting to see how this weekend plays out is the right decision. Not ever playing the game may have its own repercussions that need to be dealt with but it is not a decision that has to be made today

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 04:41 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: No it would not determine division, bengals have a 2 game lead... they will have a better record than Ravens.

Bengals i believe can still get the 2 seed if Bills lose and Bengals win.  they will be tied with record and conference record, not sure what 3rd tiebreaker is

KC wins Sat... mute point

The good thing about this no contest is it does not impact who makes the playoffs just where the seeds fall... 

Bengals have a 1 and 1/2 game lead currently. If Ravens beat us it goes to 1/2 a game meaning the bills game would still determine the North since Ravens would have the tiebreaker in case of a tie.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 04:50 PM)pally Wrote: Waiting to see how this weekend plays out is the right decision. Not ever playing the game may have its own repercussions that need to be dealt with but it is not a decision that has to be made today

I think they need to make a determination on what will happen with the game prior to Sundays games. It will more than determine how Cincy at least plays. If the game is vacated then they are essentially locked in the 3 seed. They Could rest players. If they still have the Bills game say
Week later they will want to fight for the 2 seed and that means beating the Ravens. Wait and see is not the correct approach. Have the rest of the season games laid out before this Sunday so all teams know what’s in front of them.
Reply/Quote
A very small matter is this was Championship week in most Fantasy Football leagues. Now I just play for fun and it's no big deal, but there are those that play for big $.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 04:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: While this would be my preferred solution, it's not doable. Stadiums, including security, are already scheduled. People have bought tickets and made travel arrangements. There is way more to reschedule than just the game. Cities may have conflicting events, etc. It's a nightmare.

No home games have been determined for Wild card weekend… other than the Bucs. You sure could push it a week.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 04:50 PM)pally Wrote: Waiting to see how this weekend plays out is the right decision.  Not ever playing the game may have its own repercussions that need to be dealt with but it is not a decision that has to be made today

The decision on what is going to happen needs to be made BEFORE the games this weekend. 

The Bengals and Ravens need to know if they are even playing for anything. Same with the Bills, Chiefs, etc. 

This game needs to be resumed and finished. It's the only way. How the NFL does it is another question. Make the logistics as simple as possible - neutral site, no fans, etc. Just make it happen.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

I cannot imagine that stadiums for the playoffs and travel arrangements of fans for playoff games are set at this point in time. No one even knows which team will be playing on which date at this time. For the Super Bowl, sure. But for playoffs and conference championships?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 04:57 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The decision on what is going to happen needs to be made BEFORE the games this weekend. 

The Bengals and Ravens need to know if they are even playing for anything. Same with the Bills, Chiefs, etc. 

100%

If they vacate, Bengals are locked in 3 seed
If they play it Bengals still could go 1,2,3 or 5.
It’d be 100% unfair to wait until after the games to decide, and if they are locked in, I guarantee they sit some folks.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 04:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: A very small matter is this was Championship week in most Fantasy Football leagues. Now I just play for fun and it's no big deal, but there are those that play for big $.

Our Championship wasn't affected in our money league but the 3rd and 4th place matchup was affected with a couple players from last night. Ours is not a big time money league so as commish I just offered to pay the entree fee for both guys next year which was the prize for 3rd place if we go that route.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote