Total 95 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bills Game Game Ball
Apologize to people hating on Andy.

Guess he deserves some slack.
Reply/Quote
Tough for me but gave it to AJ for the nice grabs and YAC in the crappy rain....also props for the "Ginger Genius" to throw some nice balls....

I hate to discount #55 as the heart and soul of our D who played another gem but AJ Green gets my game ball for battling back after the misses and fumble....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Andy had a great game the first int was on him and AJ both. High throw and if a receiver gets his hands on it then catch it or knock it down. MJ Burfict Geno so many guys on D had good games hard to pick one so I vote for a game ball to the Defense as a whole.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 10:36 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Andy had a great game the first int was on him and AJ both. High throw and if a receiver gets his hands on it then catch it or knock it down. MJ Burfict Geno so many guys on D had good games hard to pick one so I vote for a game ball to the Defense as a whole.

Sure are making a run for our best Defense ever.

If the Offense can help them out and keep them fresh?
Reply/Quote
Both INTs were fluky plays and normally AJ catches them both easily.

I'm torn between Andy gutting out an effective game despite a couple of cheap shots he took from the Bills one of which injured his left leg (which right handed QBs pivot on when throwing) which would affect the accuracy of any QB and Geno who was a beast up front and let the LBs do their job (by the way this is another good Minter game - since the shaky game against the Rats he's been good for us as have Tez and Vigil).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 10:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure are making a run for our best Defense ever.

If the Offense can help them out and keep them fresh?

Yeah I see the Offense improving as the year goes on more and more by the end of the year we should be rolling. A big thing we was missing last year was the speed WR and we got three Core Malone and Ross. If we can work one of these guys into the game plan and get some production out of them before the year is over we should have a powerhouse Offense. The running game is an issue but if we can run it just enough to get wins with a strong passing game then I don't care what the runners YPC is.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 10:55 PM)Joelist Wrote: Both INTs were fluky plays and normally AJ catches them both easily.

I'm torn between Andy gutting out an effective game despite a couple of cheap shots he took from the Bills one of which injured his  left leg (which right handed QBs pivot on when throwing) which would affect the accuracy of any QB and Geno who was a beast up front and let the LBs do their job (by the way this is another good Minter game - since the shaky game against the Rats he's been good for us as have Tez and Vigil).

Props to the LB position coach I cant really remember the last time we had 3 good linebackers on the field at the same time. And we have some depth behind them with Rey, Jordan Evans and Carl Lawson. The rookies develop this year next year we could be stacked at this spot.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 11:02 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Yeah I see the Offense improving as the year goes on more and more by the end of the year we should be rolling. A big thing we was missing last year was the speed WR and we got three Core Malone and Ross. If we can work one of these guys into the game plan and get some production out of them before the year is over we should have a powerhouse Offense. The running game is an issue but if we can run it just enough to get wins with a strong passing game then I don't care what the runners YPC is.

Lazor is doing a good job, more of Gio and Mixon in the game at the same time is what we need.

Like you said, more speed out of those three, Core, Malone or Ross. Lafell and Boyd are just not
fast and don't get much seperation.

(10-08-2017, 11:11 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Props to the LB position coach I cant really remember the last time we had 3 good linebackers on the field at the same time. And we have some depth behind them with Rey, Jordan Evans and Carl Lawson. The rookies develop this year next year we could be stacked at this spot.

Haslett has silenced my hate on him so far i must say.
Reply/Quote
Had to go with AJ. Would never have expected him to have that big of a day against a good defense on top of crappy weather conditions.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
No option for the Orange jerseys with Black pants combo?

Undefeated bay bayyyy. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Minter had a solid if unspectacular game. Don't think i've seen his name mentioned on the boards since the game ended. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Burflct all the way. The D came to play and the offense did just enough.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
I went Andy, because of who he was doing it against....and with a gimpy ankle. That being said, there were a ton of candidates on the defensive line: Lawson, Dunlap, Willis, Geno, and Burfict is so good it is almost too easy to select him. It is like...well, it's Burfict, of course he is going to destroy the other team.

He just makes it look easy....defending the most elusive QB and RB tandem in the league while still being built to stop a train. He is just so versatile.

Kudos also to a guy I give a lot of crap about his fatness, Andre Smith, who seems to have played enough to have gotten his conditioning up and is now a huge part of the offensive line schematic.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 05:38 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Burfict all the way!

No one on the offense deserves much consideration. You left off Dalton's 2 INTs in his stat line. Green had great numbers except for the fumble. Running game blew chunks, again. Any WR not named AJ Green can't seem to do much. Andre Smith may be the only actual man on the OL. The rest of them need DNA tested to see if they've had sex change operation and are really girls.

Let's face it the defense won the day and had to contend with 3 turns overs by the offense. ST's let Tate get loose, which means they let their guard down.

......which were all on #18.  Talk about a Jekyll and Hyde day for AJ!  

I'm gonna roll with Big Dre this week.  It's obvious he makes a big difference for this team when he is in the game.  He's playing all over the place, and doing well wherever they stick him.

Shoutouts to MJ for having a nice game, seems to be playing much better in the middle, anyone else seeing that?  Tez, and props to 14 for hanging in there, and having a nice game in the rain.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 08:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I went Andy, because of who he was doing it against....and with a gimpy ankle.  That being said, there were a ton of candidates on the defensive line:  Lawson, Dunlap, Willis, Geno, and Burfict is so good it is almost too easy to select him.  It is like...well, it's Burfict, of course he is going to destroy the other team.  

He just makes it look easy....defending the most elusive QB and RB tandem in the league while still being built to stop a train.  He is just so versatile.

Kudos also to a guy I give a lot of crap about his fatness, Andre Smith, who seems to have played enough to have gotten his conditioning up and is now a huge part of the offensive line schematic.

Good point. Andy doing what he did against the Bills defense is probably more impressive than what our defense did against a mediocre Bills offense.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 12:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Good point. Andy doing what he did against the Bills defense is probably more impressive than what our defense did against a mediocre Bills offense.

They were pretty impressive, too, though in holding down the most elusive QB/RB tandem in the league.  This defense will not give up 20 again....if the offense can keep heading in the right direction....Well, we are back to our preseason predictions!
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 09:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Undefeated since 55 came back. Just sayin...

It is with good reason, that I like to refer to Burfict as the Super Destroyer.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Also like to point out of Tez's 10 tackles 3 were TFL. So thats 4 negative plays. Tackles for loss are as important as sacks.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 07:17 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: They were pretty impressive, too, though in holding down the most elusive QB/RB tandem in the league.  This defense will not give up 20 again....if the offense can keep heading in the right direction....Well, we are back to our preseason predictions!

Sorry, I wasn't trying to imply that the defense didn't have a good game. They were great yet again. I'm just saying that the Bills' defense is the strength of their team.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 08:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sorry, I wasn't trying to imply that the defense didn't have a good game. They were great yet again. I'm just saying that the Bills' defense is the strength of their team.

Completely agree...and if AJ doesn't have three turnovers and Carter drop an easy gain, Dalton throws for over 400 yards and they win going away.  I know, I know....you can play that game both ways.  To your point, though, the Bills defense is for real and if they can score 20 points on them in spite of the three turnovers, I think they can score on just about anyone.  
Reply/Quote