Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bills Offer Bengals Heartfelt Thanks
I'm happy about this and happy for Bills fans. I was hoping to spoil the Ratbirds and help the Bills and it actually happened in dramatic fashion. I always want my team to win, but helping the Bills out gave the game some real meaning in an otherwise meaningless game. 18 years!!! Some of us Bengals fans cam remember this same scenario at one time....my hats off to those guys. I hope they shock the world.

Think about it. Jim Kelly ,Andre Reed, Thurman Thomas, etc. Thats been a loooong time. Those guys were great.
Reply/Quote
Go get em Bills! A depressing season for us Bengals fans, but seeing Bills and Bills co. so excited and happy made my week. Congrats and good luck!
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 02:48 AM)GO Bills Wrote: Huge Bills fan here. Just a HUGE thanks is all. We needed your help big time and you guys came through for us.

Nothing but Love here. Happy New Years Bengals fans. Good luck going forward.

(01-01-2018, 10:53 AM)WilliamCody Wrote: Bills diehard here!

Thank you Bengals!

I am 31, and was 13 the last time Buffalo was in the playoffs (well I guess I can't say that anymore). That TD to Boyd made alot of grown men cry in wny, according to a poll at Two Bills Drive (our forum) about 40% of Bills fans shed a tear.

There is a fan taking suggestions for baby names (due in 2 days), and Dalton is a real possibility.

You have no idea how much this means to us, and especially guys like Kyle Williams and Eric Wood. Bengals had many fans in wny yesterday, and thank you so much for delivering!

Oh yeah, and $#@& the Ravens!

(01-01-2018, 01:09 PM)steptide Wrote: All I can say is thank you to the Cincinnati Bengals. You guys have no idea what it's like for this fan base last night and today. Permanent smile on my face

Congrats, guys! Back in 2005, the Bengals made the playoffs for the first time in 14 years and the city was electric...so we know how it feels. I'll be rooting you guys on the rest of the way.

(01-01-2018, 12:04 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't think they will go anywhere, but I am very happy for the Bills.  Like to see another team break the ice...

You don't think they can beat the Jags? I think that game is a coin flip. The Jags run game fell off and they're counting more heavily on Bortles lately.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 02:09 PM)Takedown Wrote: Go get em Bills! A depressing season for us Bengals fans, but seeing Bills and Bills co. so excited and happy made my week. Congrats and good luck!

Kinds reminds me of us in 2005.  Remember that feeling, after a dozen years of wandering in the wilderness, when we finally broke through and got that playoff spot?  Damn, that was a great day.  I envy them that feeling.  Hoping we get to experience that again sooner rather than later.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 10:53 AM)WilliamCody Wrote: Bills diehard here!

Thank you Bengals!

I am 31, and was 13 the last time Buffalo was in the playoffs (well I guess I can't say that anymore). That TD to Boyd made alot of grown men cry in wny, according to a poll at Two Bills Drive (our forum) about 40% of Bills fans shed a tear.

There is a fan taking suggestions for baby names (due in 2 days), and Dalton is a real possibility.

You have no idea how much this means to us, and especially guys like Kyle Williams and Eric Wood. Bengals had many fans in wny yesterday, and thank you so much for delivering!

Oh yeah, and $#@& the Ravens!

They should go with Boyd.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 02:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They should go with Boyd.

[Image: 3413595185f35640dd0aec32e347c6be--seinfe...infeld.jpg]
Reply/Quote
https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/200381-donate-17-to-the-andy-and-jordan-dalton-foundation/

Bills fans donating $17 dollars each to the Andy and Jordan Dalton foundation.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 02:52 PM)WilliamCody Wrote: https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/200381-donate-17-to-the-andy-and-jordan-dalton-foundation/

Bills fans donating $17 dollars each to the Andy and Jordan Dalton foundation.

Classy.....
Reply/Quote
Aside from the win paving the way for Giggles' return, helping the Bills into the playoffs is the biggest downside of the win yesterday. I have been an ardent Bills hater since 1988 and that will never change.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 04:03 PM)McC Wrote: Aside from the win paving the way for Giggles' return, helping the Bills into the playoffs is the biggest downside of the win yesterday.  I have been an ardent Bills hater since 1988 and that will never change.

Why a hater of the bills?  Stemming from the AFCCG of 1988?

Ive been a bills fan for many years in some capacity.  Having been to many games at RICH and now ralph wilson stadium.  Its always a good time.  ALthough im a bengals fan first, I still root for the bills
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 04:03 PM)McC Wrote: Aside from the win paving the way for Giggles' return, helping the Bills into the playoffs is the biggest downside of the win yesterday.  I have been an ardent Bills hater since 1988 and that will never change.

Never been a Bills fan myself, they seemed to have our number until a couple, of seasons ago.  But, if it was either them or Baltimore making the playoffs, then for me this is easily the better outcome.  **** the Ravens and their fans.  Also, just seeing all of the joy pour out from the Bills fans reminds me why I watch this game to begin with.  
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 12:24 AM)michaelsean Wrote: If you watch the Boyd TD as a Bills fan that had to be unbelievable.

I wouldn’t mind trying some wings actually from Buffalo. I hate BW3. They don’t even have original wing sauce. Wings and Rings is pretty good but I don’t know how they compare to the real deal.
Yeah, even just as a Bengals fan, I was screaming and pumped up, so I can't even imagine what it had to be like for a fanbase that had the season riding on it after that long of a playoff drought.
(01-01-2018, 01:34 AM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: https://twitter.com/S_Whipple/status/947632255333257216

Sorry don’t know how to embed a twitter video. Bills fans watching the final TD
That video had me smiling from ear-to-ear!  Glad we could help!  Being against the Ravens in Baltimore gives it even more pleasure for us!
(01-01-2018, 01:47 AM)Beaker Wrote: Do you realize just how close the Bengals were to the playoffs? If we had been able to prevent those last minute drives in GB and TEN, the Bengals would be 9-7 and have been the #5 seed holding tiebreakers on both the ravens and the titans.

So close...and yet so far.
Or even being outscored 20 to 3 against the Steelers in the second half when we were up 17 to 3 at half.

I didn't realize how good of a season it really was, but I just pray that the success doesn't prevent Mike from going hard to improve the team because we're only a few pieces away from being a serious contender.
(01-01-2018, 09:13 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I'm happy with helping the Bills out. I've always liked them.

I've always felt bad for them after those Super Bowl losses to the Cowboys in the 90s, but I agree because I've never had an issue with the Cowboys.
Reply/Quote
To all of the Buffalo Bills fans good luck in the playoffs and I am happy the Cincinnati Bengals were able to help you out. For once Andy Dalton came through and it was pretty amazing.

Getting to the playoffs means the start of a new season and who knows how far you may go good luck!

I will be rooting for the Buffalo Bills.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Meh, good for the Bills but if they didn't beat the Jets in 2015 the Steelers wouldn't have gotten into the playoffs and then we could have faced Ryan Fitzpatrick and he would have thrown 4 INTs and we would have broken our playoff drought instead of adding a new super-painful memory to the pile of suffering.

Geeez, thanks a lot, BILLS!
Reply/Quote
Marv Levy--he wasn't much of a coach but he was one helluva thief. **** the Bills and **** that armpit they call Buffalo. I drove through Buffalo once and it took me weeks to get the despair out of my car.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 05:34 PM)McC Wrote: Marv Levy--he wasn't much of a coach but he was one helluva thief. **** the Bills and **** that armpit they call Buffalo. I drove through Buffalo once and it took me weeks to get the despair out of my car.

C’mon now. It’s a good story for a kindred fan base as far as long suffering goes. If the Bengal win had got like Denver in then who cares? This was kind of cool and the Bills fans are genuinely appreciative of the Bengals.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 05:34 PM)McC Wrote: Marv Levy--he wasn't much of a coach but he was one helluva thief.  **** the Bills and **** that armpit they call Buffalo.  I drove through Buffalo once and it took me weeks to get the despair out of my car.

And I was just starting to like you cincy folks.  Mooning
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 05:48 PM)WilliamCody Wrote: And I was just starting to like you cincy folks.  Mooning

I'm just one.  Go ahead and like all the rest.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 05:42 PM)michaelsean Wrote: C’mon now. It’s a good story for a kindred fan base as far as long suffering goes. If the Bengal win had got like Denver in then who cares?  This was kind of cool and the Bills fans are genuinely appreciative of the Bengals.

Especially when more Bills fans were cheering for the Bengals yesterday than actual Bengals fans.  Besides, what Bengal fan doesn't delight in seeing Baltimore getting screwed over?  Happy Freakin' New Year, baby!
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 05:48 PM)WilliamCody Wrote: And I was just starting to like you cincy folks.  Mooning

The majority of us are kind, simple folk.  Pity us our lot in life as Bengal fans.
Reply/Quote