Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bills Rush Defense #30 overall
(01-22-2023, 02:02 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I'm not 100% sure what you're referencing when you say "success rate" but there is an actual metric called success rate. The Bills are 16th. In EPA per rush, the Bills are #4. They are not a bad rush defense by any metric other than PFF grades.

I don't want to be rude, but I place no value in any PFF grade. Their data aggregation is truly top notch, but their grades are a joke. Their analysts don't do it for a living and are minimally trained. They are part time, not paid well, and their work isn't much better than the collective opinions of casual fans. Most of their analysts are just that - casual fans. 

I wouldn't call them a joke, but what I don't like is that it doesn't take in to account the strength of the opponent.  Sure, the Bengals are going to struggle statistically running the ball when they play in the AFC North.  That isn't taken in to account.  I took the time to point out specific rankings of the Bills's rush defense and pointed out actual game results where the successful opponent had the balance I am hoping for.  Take it for what it is worth, or ignore it.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 11:28 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Even a ratio of 25/38 might be too much against the Bills. We'll see. The Dolphins gave them trouble and we're certainly better than Miami.

well im sure Bills  are saying same thing about Ravens and us.. we do throw more than most teams but with the way Burrow is playing why not... but again the idea we have been throwing it 40 plus times a game is not true or that we only run less than 20 times a game..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote