Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bills and Chiefs
(01-23-2022, 11:59 PM)pally Wrote: but damn now we have to hear about the God among men Patrick Mahomes and deal with the obnoxious Chiefs fans all week.

That's a big reason I was for the Bills.  James Brown's already at it.
Reply/Quote
Gotta change the rules to college playoff OT rules
Reply/Quote
That was the greatest game I’ve ever watched. Unbelievable
Reply/Quote
1981. Chargers V Dolphins in an overtime, grueling classic in Miami. The next week, the Bengals won the AFCCG against the team that won that game. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Wide Right, No Goal, Music City Miracle, and now whatever the hell they'll call this. The museum of soul-crushing Buffalo playoff failures gains yet another permanent exhibit.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 11:59 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: This just in:  Chiefs Management declares ticket transfers will not be effective until sixteen minutes before kickoff.

Smart move by them.  All but eliminates selling tix to out of towners.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
Got to keep Jones and Engram at bay and not let them wreck our o line
Reply/Quote
Okay, it’s the Chiefs. Beating Kansas City in Cincinnati was one thing; beating them at home is totally different. Fortunately zero analysts will pick the Bengals to win but that’s good. It takes the pressure off.

Speaking of pressure, Joe Burrow can’t get sacked nine times again. It takes a balanced offense to beat Kansas City as we saw late in the regular season. Lou Anarumo needs to figure a way to rattle Patrick Mahomes every time he drops back and Clyde Edwards-Helaire will be healthy this time.
Reply/Quote
I have to say this was the best weekend of football I have ever seen. Every game was solid!
Reply/Quote
Neither D came up big with a turnover.. Bengals are gonna get a critical INT or fumble recovery..  Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Tiger  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 12:05 AM)AlphaBengal Wrote: That was the greatest game I’ve ever watched. Unbelievable

Definitely one of the greatest. I believe there were four come-from-behind scores in the last two minutes, with one an incredible 13 seconds. 

If I'm a Buffalo fan, then I'm devastated right now. 

My son, by the way, had tickets to the game in Buffalo if they had won, curtesy of a Buffalo Bills fan at his work. 

The only way we beat Mahommes last time is not having given him the ball back at the end. The announcers called him Superman. Well, even Superman would need the ball in his hands.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 11:59 PM)pally Wrote: but damn now we have to hear about the God among men Patrick Mahomes and deal with the obnoxious Chiefs fans all week.

I mean sure it's a bit annoying when you hear it over and over, but he is the best QB in the league regardless of his "down" year. He's been a starter 4 years and has been in the AFC Championship game 4 times.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 12:07 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Okay, it’s the Chiefs.  Beating Kansas City in Cincinnati was one thing; beating them at home is totally different.  Fortunately zero analysts will pick the Bengals to win but that’s good.  It takes the pressure off.

Speaking of pressure, Joe Burrow can’t get sacked nine times again.  It takes a balanced offense to beat Kansas City as we saw late in the regular season.  Lou Anarumo needs to figure a way to rattle Patrick Mahomes every time he drops back and Clyde Edwards-Helaire will be healthy this time.

Doesn't amount to a hill of beans what analysts and Vegas says. The final score is the only thing that counts...unless you happen to believe in game fixing which I do.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 11:56 PM)Science Friction Wrote: And you all were seriously afraid of that garbage defense of Buffalo???

Did you see how many times the defensive line had Mahommes in their grasp and he just magically got out. Now picture Joe Burrow in the same situation. The Bills would have won if they could have sacked Mahommes. Because of him, they were completely gassed.

You have to control the clock against Mahommes and keep him on the bench. Because he can get a defense gassed otherwise. Buffalo has a good defense. But somewhere along the line they had no more energy.
Reply/Quote
After watching that game. It definitely shows that we needed all that craziness that happened in cincy to win. You just can't give Mahommes time.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 12:15 AM)Nepa Wrote: Did you see how many times the defensive line had Mahommes in their grasp and he just magically got out. Now picture Joe Burrow in the same situation. The Bills would have won if they could have sacked Mahommes. Because of him, they were completely gassed.

Was it magic or just a defense not up to the task? The fact is, the vaunted #1 defense failed miserably.
Reply/Quote
Who knows? Maybe the fixers finally want us to win it all.. I'll accept the fix if that's the real determining factor in these games.. I don't want to believe that happens, but I've seen just too many plays that made absolutely no sense whatsoever..  Truth be told I do believe the Bengals WANT the win more than KC.. 

Reply/Quote
It's ok. This will add to Joe Burrow's legend.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 12:18 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Was it magic or just a defense not up to the task? The fact is, the vaunted #1 defense failed miserably.

As we knew when we played KC, you have to control the clock and  keep Mahommes on the bench to win. The way he spins out of tackles and runs and fakes the pass and may suddenly throw a sidearm pass, a defense gets gassed. They were on fumes by the 4th quarter. 
Reply/Quote
Actually feel really bad for Buffalo fans. Omg they had it! But damn what a game.
Reply/Quote