Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bills are not the Bengals bros
(01-08-2023, 12:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: There's a lot of "the Bills should have done this" and "McDermott should have done that." Why is anyone surprised they will do whay is best for the Bills? We'd want Zac to do what's best for the Bengals, right? As for accepting a forfeit, you have to realize there is an owner involved. He may have said no. I really don't harbor any ill towards the Bills org. at all. It's the league the screwed us.

That doesn't surprise me at all. What does surprise me and should raise a question to any Bengals fan is, where is any single word said, from the Bills organization, in support of anything Zac or the Bengals have said?

They're just sitting back, allowing it all to play out like...

[Image: the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 01:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That doesn't surprise me at all. What does surprise me and should raise a question to any Bengals fan is, where is any single word said, from the Bills organization, in support of anything Zac or the Bengals have said?

They're just sitting back, allowing it all to play out like...

[Image: the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif]

Zac dod right that night, but they way this all played out makes you wish Taylor would've would've told McDermott to name his interim HC of he had to leave.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I have to say all this sugary Bills /Bengals love is a bit much...at the end of the day we want the same things. Bengals obviously got hosed and I hope its motivation to beat everyones ass including the BILLS if it comes down to that.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 01:11 PM)jason Wrote: Zac dod right that night, but they way this all played out makes you wish Taylor would've would've told McDermott to name his interim HC of he had to leave.

In hindsight, I would have rather done the right thing even tho we got Screwed. Now we know, if there was any questions, where we stand in this league. We did the right thing and we can wake up content with our actions, while other parties involved are exposed for the cheating bastards they are. In fact, hopefully other small market teams take notice, but unlikely. They had a vote in this bullshit.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 01:20 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I have to say all this sugary Bills /Bengals love is a bit much...at the end of the day we want the same things. Bengals obviously got hosed and I hope its motivation to beat everyones ass including the BILLS if it comes down to that.

We’ve had a good relationship between the two clubs since the Boyd TD catch against the Ravens. I don’t think us getting hosed should change that relationship. But yes, hopefully us getting hosed is the motivation that takes us all the way.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 11:56 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So there's logistics too. You make the game Tues and they have to find a place to stay. Fans have to make arrangements. The nfl broadcast crews, etc.

Plus, at that point, it was unknown Hamlin would survive.

I just don't think playing it Tues was an option.

Then you play it Wed, and then another game Sun? Do you move the playoffs?

I don't see what the NFL did as bad.

Follow the rules.  The rules in the rulebook they approved for canceled games.  Period.  End of story.   

How effing hard is it for some on here to understand such a simple, elementary thing.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 12:39 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I absolutely don't care anymore about last Monday night. No amount of pissing and moaning about "what we think we heard" is going to change the outcome. The mental gymnastics on this board is tiresome. It's almost as if a lot of people have forgotten we have an important game today. Every thread is regurgitating the samething over and over.  Enjoy the game today, lets cheer our team on to victory!

You are exactly what the NFL wants.  Just ignore the cheating/rigging and let them get away with it so they can do it again.

It's not like what the NFL did was a minor thing.  As far as I am concerned they straight up cheated right in front of everyone's face. That's WWF level.

The amount of stupid from the NFL and their decisions is almost impossible to comprehend.  Like a 2nd grader was making decisions.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 11:56 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So there's logistics too. You make the game Tues and they have to find a place to stay. Fans have to make arrangements. The nfl broadcast crews, etc.

Plus, at that point, it was unknown Hamlin would survive.

I just don't think playing it Tues was an option.

Then you play it Wed, and then another game Sun? Do you move the playoffs?

I don't see what the NFL did as bad.

You think that the TV crews and teams don't have a contingency plan in place prior to the game for these scenarios?   If so I have some ocean front property in AZ to sell ya.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 10:36 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: That might be the case, but I wouldn’t be surprised the Bills being extremely happy with the outcome of the decision.  If McDermit was willing to take the forfeit than it should.  Also, I don’t hear anyone from the Bills organization supporting Katie or Zack’s comments.  The Bills care about one thing.  Their organization and getting the Lombardi inside of their building.  The Bills are not “our Bros”.   I hear this and I want to vomit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You guys have every right to be upset as I have stated in other posts. But please know that the Bills are not happy about our situation either. We were the #1 seed and now we can only be #2. You guys seem very sure you were going to win after 1.5 possessions but it's a long game and I can assure you Bills fans feel the opposite. It was not an ideal situation for anybody involved and at the end of the day I don't care if we are #1 or or #7 as long as Damar is healthy and our team is still in it. I fully expect we will see you in a few weeks and the NFL will have the rematch that everyone wants.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 01:36 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: You are exactly what the NFL wants.  Just ignore the cheating/rigging and let them get away with it so they can do it again.

It's not like what the NFL did was a minor thing.  As far as I am concerned they straight up cheated right in front of everyone's face.  That's WWF level.

The amount of stupid from the NFL and their decisions is almost impossible to comprehend.  Like a 2nd grader was making decisions.

It's not ignoring it, it's the fact no matter how much you want to beat a dead horse, you are not going to change the outcome. Anyway, it's on to actually football in about 1 hr!!!  Who-Dey!!!!
Reply/Quote
Karma outcomes:

1) Pats beat Bills & Bengals get #2.
2) Bengals beat Bills in Buffalo anyway.
3) Bills lose to Dolphins/Steelers/Ravens in Round 1.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:18 AM)Trademark Wrote: As the Bengals prepared to continue to play, it eventually became obvious that would not happen. At least one player heard Bills coach Sean McDermott say that the Bills would not continue, even if it meant forfeiting the game.

The Bengals were willing to accommodate the Bills. One player heard Bengals coach Zac Taylor offer to resume the game on Tuesday. Bengals players generally accepted the prospect of a one-day delay.

But then the Bills left Cincinnati. Multiple Bengals players were confused by that development as it occurred. On one hand, they were sensitive to the situation involving Damar Hamlin. On the other hand, they fully realized the stakes of the game. They wanted to get it played.

Bengals players were in the dark all week about the status of the game. They first heard that the game would be cancelled when the league announced it on Thursday night. Before that, they didn’t know whether they’d play the Ravens on Sunday or the Bills. Some thought they possibly would play the Bills on Thursday night.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/07/on-monday-night-bengals-were-told-game-will-resume-in-10-minutes/

Happy Hamlin is doing better but Bills can kick rocks

I knew it would all backfire...but it was declared insensitive to talk about this truth! Can't be mad now, I knew the Bills were going to back out, and I wasn't in the stadium to feel the emotion on the field...too bad the Bengals, more than likely, sensed it too, but was too scared to call it out.
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You get a neutral site game, due to "what if" in a GAME YOU DIDN'T PLAY. Pull your head out of your ass and stop crying.

Buck Fuffalo.

Uh yeah it's kind of a big deal to get the bye. See you in 2 weeks
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:47 PM)kdiggz Wrote: Uh yeah it's kind of a big deal to get the bye. See you in 2 weeks

You have a shady franchise. 

Bye Felicia

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I'm silly.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 02:11 PM)kdiggz Wrote: You guys have every right to be upset as I have stated in other posts. But please know that the Bills are not happy about our situation either. We were the #1 seed and now we can only be #2. You guys seem very sure you were going to win after 1.5 possessions but it's a long game and I can assure you Bills fans feel the opposite. It was not an ideal situation for anybody involved and at the end of the day I don't care if we are #1 or or #7 as long as Damar is healthy and our team is still in it. I fully expect we will see you in a few weeks and the NFL will have the rematch that everyone wants.

Not sure why the Bills are unhappy. They get a home game for the 1st playoff weekend, a home game for the 2nd playoff weekend, and a neutral site for the championship if they face KC, despite having a poorer win percentage. If the Bills played the red-hot Bengals, at Paycor, they risked being the 3rd seed. The agreement, for which the Bills voted, against the Bengals strongly enunciated wishes, removed most of the Bills' risk and put them on the path for not a single away game in the playoffs. Even KC did not vote for this agreement.
Reply/Quote
Mute point NFL made the decision already game would not continue, bills earned 2nd seed with 1 less loss
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 07:52 PM)Nepa Wrote: Not sure why the Bills are unhappy. They get a home game for the 1st playoff weekend, a home game for the 2nd playoff weekend, and a neutral site for the championship if they face KC, despite having a poorer win percentage. If the Bills played the red-hot Bengals, at Paycor, they risked being the 3rd seed. The agreement, for which the Bills voted, against the Bengals strongly enunciated wishes, removed most of the Bills' risk and put them on the path for not a single away game in the playoffs. Even KC did not vote for this agreement.

You think we are happy to give up a bye and home field advantage? Yikes
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 08:39 PM)kdiggz Wrote: You think we are happy to give up a bye and home field advantage? Yikes

This will mark the SECOND year where the NFL has changed the rules to cater to your org.

First with the OT rule last year (Need I remind you that Burrow didn't need the coin toss in OT to beat Mahones); and now this\
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 08:49 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: This will mark the SECOND year where the NFL has changed the rules to cater to your org.

First with the OT rule last year (Need I remind you that Burrow didn't need the coin toss in OT to beat Mahones); and now this\

Yes I'm sure it's all a conspiracy because they really want the 2nd smallest market to win. If they had their way we would be playing in Toronto. Or maybe they are just trying their best in a crappy situation. Like I said, we played all season to get that #1 seed and the bye. We had it taken away from us which is how you guys feel about the #2 seed but the #1 seed is way more meaningful. But nobody wanted our guy to die on the field and need to be revived. We both wanted to finish that game but that's the situation we are in now
Reply/Quote